Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Would You Undergo Cryogenics To Return Back To Life?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vladnyx, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    This topic was spurred about by a most recent case that happened roughly a week ago. Some of you may even know what this case is about already. In short a 14 year old girl who is terminally ill from cancer was told it was incurable and that she was going to die. As her last wish she wanted to undergo Cryogenic Freezing in the hopes a cure would be found in the future and that she could return to life.

Here is a article detailing more about this case below.
    14 Year Old Girl Undergoes Cryogenic Freezing

Also, here is a Youtuber who does a brief video discussion on the topic which you may find more appealing to you.

So after reviewing the information would you undergo cryogenic freezing in the hopes of being brought back to life?​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I would undergo the process . I would have to, of course, generate the money beforehand , so as to relieve monetary stress on other people.

3. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    So she is dead already she is just hoping that in 200 years from now there will be a powerful necromancer AKA Jesus that will revive her? good luck with that one!!!

Personally I would not do it..... Because by the time I wake up 200 years from now I would have no family members left that is alive... so what's the point?

Beside I have no regret with my life if I die I die can't do anything to prevent that. Now don't get that confused with me wanting to die I want to live as long as I can but if that's the card I've been dealt then so be it ill make the best out of the time I have left by buying cake till I die of my disease or diabetes from eating to much unicorn colored cakes!

So yeah that's my story and I am sticking to it!

4. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    If I had an illness, yes. I would of course agree with Core in this case to earn the money myself. I mean, if it was an incurable illness and you were going to die anyways, might as well try and hope. As for the future, we'd just have to see what is in store for us when those 200 years are up.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    No I wouldn't trust anyone with my lifeless body for that period of time.

6. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    The possibility to awaken back to life after a 200 year slumber sends chills up my spine. From a ration aspect I can see why this girl chose this for herself wishing to experience more of what life has to offer. To most of us were twice or nearly three times her given age. We've had the opportunities to experience more of what life has to offer. Now this doesn't really get to my answer though.

In short I would undergo this procedure (Illness or no illness), if I could financially afford it. Of course I plan to do this around my late 50's as I got so many good years ahead of me. Now if this were allowable by law I would set up a savings account that would build interest over the years. By say 100 years my savings could pay off the debt amount owed for the procedure and when I wake up I'm filthy freaking rich :D

Jokes aside though I would want to see what the future would be like more than anything. Possibly meet my descendants if I have any. I can say Iv'e experienced what this point in time can offer me. I'd be very interested to see what experiences the future would yield. Maybe time travel would even be possible. ​

7. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

If that's your dream why not just become a cyborg and live forever as a machine!?

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Hell no. One life is bad enough! XP

9. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    If I had a choice, and if either one was feasible, to undergo cryogenic sleep or become a human looking cyborg. I'd go for being a cyborg. Ghost In The Shell style.

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I'd gladly take a cybernetic body like the Major's.

I don't think I would be up for being frozen. Like Mafia and Doom pointed out, one life is enough. Everyone I care about would be long dead and it's been hard enough to work my way up to where I am, currently (which isn't terribly far, btw). Would I just have to start over? What would I do with my life? Could I save money to bring with me so that I'm not entirely broke? If so, would it be like in Futurama when Fry becomes rich because of the devaluation of modern currency and the interest accumulated by his savings?

Even if I could be revived, even if I could become a cyborg ala Stand Alone Complex, I would be starting again with, more or less, nothing. Sure, it would be a chance to meet new people and have new experiences, but does it not render all that I've worked for in this life moot?

Despite all that the future may offer, I doubt that the day-to-day grind will change. Technology will come and go, culture will shift, governments will rise and fall, but, at the end of the day, life will likely resemble life, today, just perhaps a bit shinier.

That's not to say, however, that I'm not intrigued by the prospect or by witnessing the future. I find the idea of having a clean start refreshing in many regards, if impractical. Technology and society has been advancing at an unprecedented rate since the industrial revolution, the advances which we can make in 200 years are bound to be stunning (provided global warming hasn't fucked us by then). I find the prospects fascinating, but I wonder if that would make the difficulty of creating a new life worth it.

Also, I would miss out on Mech Warrior 5 and would likely spend a not-insignificant portion of my new life trying to find a machine that could play the damn thing.

Although there is a part of me that is certainly interested and curious, given the sheer cost and given the above, I'll just have to let it go.