Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Worst Video Game Expiernce

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by IsItReal2036, Sep 16, 2015.

1. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I forgot to mention Conception 2 Children of the Seven Stars. Too much grinding for a poor story plot. There were good ideas in place but the story made me shelve it eventually.

2. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Off the top of my head it'd have to be Final Fantasy XIII/-2. Aside from the good graphics and music, the gameplay and story were absolute garbage

3. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I didn't mind the grinding, I just found the story to be dumb. My brother beat it and said that the endings for each character were only about a paragraph long and could be summed up as, "and they live happily ever after the end" so I don't think you missed much if you didn't finish it.

Got another one for you. Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World. It's awful. I loved the first game so much and it's my favorite game, but the sequel was just awful. New main characters one of which has a split personality, new horrible voice cast, super simplistic gameplay, only the two main characters level up, the old cast are guests and cap at level 50.... all because of a new "pokemon like" system where you capture monsters to use in your party, and they even evolve. I looked forward to the game as soon as I heard about it in Nintendo Power because I was such a diehard Tales of fan and my love for Tales of Symphonia. I don't think any other game has disappointed me this much.

4. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    @Heizengard I have mixed feeling about DotNW.

The gameplay was lacking to the first one but I count them as two separate games. I have friends and relatives that prefer the second game because it's shorter than most Tales games. I also have friends who preferred that Emil having a dark side to Lloyd in the first game.

However you cannot travel on the map there are barely any side quests. Also you don't have as many characters to follow developing.

I actually really liked some characters that were new, namely Decus, Alice, and Tenebrae. I felt the voice quality was about the same in the English version minus Lloyd having a drastically different voice. The plot was good in my mind since there was a big reveal like in most Tales games. But less character development than in the first one. Also the graphics are better than the first one.

The only Tales game I disliked was Tales of Hearts R because the characters were all common character types.

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I think the worst thing on Persona for PSP is the formation setup for your group. When someone in your group is defeated, you cannot rearrange (at least, not easily) your group so that the enemy within range.
    I do not think I will ever truly understand that method of leveling up in games. I have always thought that RPGs should have at least level 99 cap.

Anyway, when it comes to different voice actors than the original, I *guess* I can handle that, provided I have a long enough time to begin forgetting how the original sounded, and if the same method of speaking is kept. Like when the VA of the protagonist of the High School DxD series was switched. Different VA, but similar to the original. I could not truly complain.

(OT Note: I decided not to finish watching that series because I do not want to go through the disappointment of another potentially inconclusive ending in an anime series.)

6. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I do not simply since it is a sequel. I don't understand the whole "It's a spin off" argument people use for DotNW.

I'm probably just biased about Lloyd since ToS was the first RPG I ever played and beat. I loved Lloyd and thought he was cool and funny (at the time). I loathe everything about Emil. I hate his voice, his character, his design, the way he fights and plays, the whole mantra he repeats over and over again. He reminds me of all the bad parts of Shinji Ikari.

Completely forgot about that. Don't know how, since it was something I was really upset about when it came out.

Only new characters I remember liking were Tenebrae and Marta some what.

This was worse. Only the guest (read original characters) capped at 50. Emil and Marta capped at 200 or 250 I forget.

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    If that means the enemies were to match levels with Emil and Marta, I can see how that would be a problem, having a bunch of useless side character, standing there, looking pretty, dying.
    If enemies match the guests, than that just flat-out takes the difficulty way.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I don't get hate for the Symphonia sequel game. Certainly not as good as the first but not awful. I liked the pseudo Pokemon raising party thing going on in that game. Story was weak but the anticipation on Lloyd's reveal kept me interested. Love plot was forced and predictable, but I've seen worse. Marta wasn't a bad character, just a victim of a poor plot. Emil was basically a schizophrenic Shinji Ikari. Half the time I hated him, the other half was overdone. And it had Tenebrae. Of all the forced humor characters this series is known for Tenebe is the best one.

Anyway I liked it better then Vesperia. Yeah I said it. I couldn't even finish that one.

Of the Tales games I liked Abyss the most. Luke turned into Shinji too (Seriously, get a grip already!). Guy was cool though. Actually everyone else but Luke was cool. Except Mew. Mew could die in a fire. (No not the Pokemon Mew. Although he does kind of look like one...)

9. sleipmon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I used Origin.

10. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    War Thunder or Yer Thunder everyone and their mothers are queue up will their Yers and their Yak9s. It fucking sucks.

these videos show why war thunder is shit.

#30 Wilhelm-von-HU, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  11. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Worst gaming experience I have had was with Total War: Arena. The game had a good concept, several commanders going head to head controlling a small but elite group of troops lead by a strong general. It was a fantastic idea. But the Developers tended to listen to the trolls and idiots instead of actually listening to sound advice by beta testers who do this kind of thing for a living. The game got so bad that it was neigh impossible to progress across the battlefield without the game glitching or crashing for unknown reasons. So instead of fixing the problems they had with the game, they pushed for new commanders, cooler outfits, and shit that no one needed. It was bullshit. The game is still in beta and I've still got my key, but I'm never loading that game back onto my computer.

12. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Buying a Xbox 360 without a hard drive and then spending the money I could have spent on the 360 with a hard drive on a memory card. I didn't know what a hard drive was as I never had a Xbox before or dealt with computers so I thought I needed a memory card coming from Playstation and Nintendo. The entire 360 generation (minus a few excellent games) was an awful experience for me as a result.

Buying a PSP just so I could play Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker only for the MGS HD Collection to be announced a couple months later. So I wasted hundreds of dollars to play the game earlier and much less comfortably (I hate handhelds looking down at the small screen is a pain and the PSP has the worst analog ever). Not to mention the game sucked, was nothing like it was advertised (Kojima actually wanted to call this MGS5 originally so of course my expectations for the story were through the roof).

There are other stupid decisions like I bought the original versions of Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capom 3 when I should have just waited for the better versions.

As far as the worst game I ever played, that would have to be one of the more recent wrestling games. Either WWE 2K16, WWE 2K14, or WWE 12, take your pic their all exactly the same 0/10 garbage that I got suckered into due to having different wrestling legends in them.

I'll never get the Final Fantasy XIII hate (especially coming from anime fans, thats the closest original video game stories have ever come to anime imo) that is easily the best game of the generation in my opinion.

#32 KnowMeFrom, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    Worst game experience? Farming Stratholme in WoW for Rivendare's Deathcharger for a whole entire day. That can question your sanity. (This isn't really that bad, but it's the only one I can remember right now.)

14. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Ugh fuck farming anything. Most annoying part of any game. Trudging along in Blighttown trying to kill those leeches and getting poisoned every 5 seconds just to get an upgrade stone and almost never getting one then dying cause I couldn't cure the poison fast enough is something I'd prefer never doing again.

15. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I don't mind farming.

16. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    You must have patience, something I lack.

17. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    I've been told I have a high tolerance for annoying things.