Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Worst Video Game Expiernce

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by IsItReal2036, Sep 16, 2015.

1. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is your most difficult, frustrating, heart wrenching, hateful, video game experience?

2. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Fallout New Vegas. Absolutely HATED that game. Cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone loves it so much

3. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Were you a fan of the old Fallout games (1 & (more specifically) 2)? I feel like NV took the best of the original Black Isle Studios games and the Bethesda Studios' Fallout 3.

I'll admit, it took me more than one play through to really get into it. Especially coming from other Bethesda style RPGs.

I'm trying to think of my most frustrating experience with a game.. I'm having trouble thinking of one that was also negative. For example, Dark Souls is frustrating, but it's fair and enjoyable. So I don't consider that a negative experience. I know that I've become frustrated with games that I've had a totally negative experience with, but I'm having trouble thinking of any at the moment. I guess I tend to just forget about them.

4. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would ave to say that the most frustrating game moment for me is baudlers gate when you leave the bar, i always go the wrong way and get ambushed by ogers and killed automatically, it got really frustrating for a a long time until i finally wised up.

5. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Never played either, but to be honest, New Vegas soured me on even giving them a try

6. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try the 3rd fallout, it was a pretty amazing journey

7. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    New Vegas was a different style than Fallout 3, so it's definitely worth checking Fallout 3 to make a final judgement call on the Fallout gaming franchise as a whole.

I personally liked Fallout NV, it's what got me hooked on the Fallout gaming franchise. I'm not going to say it's without fault, but the games could be better. Bethesda is ridiculously lazy in fixing known bugs that's been reported during the game's support life. Skyrim is one I call Bethesda out as developers being incompetent enough to move on to another game (ESO) before fixing the biggest known game breaking bug. I bought it a year or so later from the release date, expecting it to be well polished enough to not find anything game breaking. People have complained about it the bug in Skyrim and Bethesda ignored people. Needless to say, I won't fully support Bethesda. I'll just wait a year or so after they release a game I want when it's at a reduced price. Their marketing team is full of morons as well, so they screwed themselves over with the disaster that is Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition. But that's enough about Bethesda.

The worst game I have ever played, I would have to say Metro 2033 Redux. It's far to complicated, and they don't exactly make it easy to control. The "tutorial" part is terrible, so you're not exactly learning enough to master the basic techniques and timing. I have died several times trying to jump over cracks and landing in radiated water, and escaping a sewer tunnel with a heavy concentration of radiation, trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing when it gives me this "dream state" type foresight, which I died from 5 times before figuring out what I was supposed to do. Seriously, it lacked any dialog with any subtle hints. The sad thing is, I should be dying more from radiation poisoning or irradiated horror beasts with the way I like to explore, but I'm not.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Playing Final Fantasy XIII fits all these criteria in one. Let us explain my feelings.

Was it difficult? Sort of, figuring out that paradigm system took some work and yes I died a few times at some bosses. However I realized to my own shock that I kind of wish they did the whole FF XII battle system. At least battles were down in 10 seconds. This game just felt slow.

Frustrating? Yes, the drag through the dungeons and repetitive fights along the way. They didn't seem fun, I wanted to avoid them altogether but that wasn't really an option.

Heart wrenching? Definitely and I'm not talking about it's story. It was heart wrenching in the way that I slowly but surely begun to realize that I could no longer enjoy this game. As I mindlessly run down another corridor and read journal entries with no feeling to them I begun the painful realization that I have not played a great RPG in YEARS.

Yes it hit me with a poison and then a sledgehammer...
    I was wasting my time on a video game. The worst feeling any gamer could ever get.

===============================

Although not video game related I had this moment with the Game of Throne books. At some point I realized that I just couldn't see the appeal anymore. This one hurt more because it sucked me in from the beginning. Then later on I couldn't help but shake off that nagging feeling that this story is sinking into the mud.

• Like Like x 2
  9. IsItReal2036 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm surprised that nobodies mentioned dark souls, that game was so horribly frustrating. I kept going the wrong way in the castle. Instead of going up the stairs i'd go down into some chasm where there'd be a fireball that'd kill me (after a few weeks of this somebody finally pointed out i was going the wrong way)

10. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    BaconMan made a passing comment about it. Yeah, it's hard, it's frustrating, but it never made me feel like it was being purposely cruel, (well, except for maybe Sen's Fortress). It's a game series that's less "lol, you suck" and more "what have we learned from this?"

But anyway, I think that, aside from FFXIII (which a) Doomguy mentioned and b) was probably first personal foray into JRPGs, so not really fair to mention), the game that probably be Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.
    It was both difficult and frustrating because the art style made made seeing the tiny white counter prompt (which you need to fight effectively) that appeared for .3 seconds impossible to see, and the enemy groupings were horrendously balanced. It was also heartbreaking because I love the Ninja Gaiden series, and this game crapped on everything I loved about the series. As for hateful...
    Let me put it to you like this; It is below NG3 in my ranking for the series.

11. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded.

I played it because it's the Kingdom Hearts' franchise. I found the story line and game a chore to play through.

I found the Hercules world the only good thing about the entire game because it switched the game mechanics which I find interesting in games.

Other than that it is in the bottom game in my game drawer, where I don't see it if I open the drawer, collecting dust.

12. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I agree with this.

13. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    The first Persona game, Revelations: Persona, was pretty annoying at times. There is a lot more strategy to it then in Persona 3 and 4. There are also random encounters and the talking system was annoying. You see, unlike 3 and 4 the way you got Personas was by getting a spell card from a monster. Only way to do that was through talking to them and it seemed to always be random what did what to certain monsters. If you were lucky, they'd give you they're spell card and then if you had another one could fuse it into a persona.

14. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I remember playing that (at least what I think was its equivalent on the PSP) and I kind of like having to negotiate. My problem was when I negotiated too much and did not bother leveling up, or getting a spell card and using that to skip a particular group of enemies. I did seem to notice the unstable personalities of the monsters, and that was further altered by the phases of the moon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thought of one: STALKER Clear Sky.

They kind of tried to experiment with this one. Some of their implementations work better than others, and it stands out from the other two STALKER games as both a unique experience and a cautionary tale.

Out of all of the new "features", bullet drop stands out the most, and not in a good way. If you're unfamiliar, bullet drop in-game is an attempt to simulate the effective range of weapons IRL. Over a distance, the bullet will not constantly travel in a straight line. It will begin to fall as gravity does its thing.

For most firearms, this isn't a big deal. The effective range of most weapons (i.e. the maximum distance from a target at which said weapon can be used accurately) is more than enough. But, in-game, you'll often find yourself well-within the effective range of most weapons. So, if the developer wants to implement bullet drop, they have to lower the effective range of weapons in-game.

In Clear Sky, they went seriously overboard with this, lowering effective range by a great degree and even adding spread to all weapons (i.e. reducing the accuracy of all weapons so that bullets don't always go where you fire). Using an assault rifle (an AK-74) you will be incredibly lucky to hit anything, even targets mere meters away.

This made the game near unplayable. If you want to hit anything that isn't right at your feet, you need a dragunov. I wish I were joking.

16. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I liked that mechanic in the game, but it was still really annoying. I always tried to negotiate before fighting and it was so annoying to get the ability to tell them what you wanted, only for them to not give it and attack instead (or maybe that only happened in the first SMT game I can't remember).

17. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Nothing spoils a good idea or story in a game more than it being poorly handled.

Some of you may be familiar with Star Trek and the Quake series.
    In Star Trek, there is a race known as the Borg. The assimilate victims and technology to add to themselves. Star Trek has plenty of info on them, and handle them well so that the Borg seem like a real threat and also be interesting.

In the Quake series, there is something called the Strogg. In Quake, the only refernce to them are crates decorated with the Strogg emblem. Quake 2 starts off some time into the Strogg/Human war. The humans have taken the fight to the Strogg. It seems that the games starts too late into the story. Of course, it is an older game that did not have the luxury of data to spend on a cinematic intro. The only intro to the humans meeting the Strogg are radio clips of the news giving reports on alien radio signals, odd space objects, first contact, and attacks.
    Quake 3 is a tournament game. No real story to it, which is fine, because of the type of game it is.
    Quake 4 is the disappointing one. Certain scenes seem quite neat, but for the most part the game play drags on. It was lightly sprinkled with cinematic scenes, and most of those were short. Perhaps the best scene was the Stroggification scene.
    I decided to look up if there might be a Quake 5. It may be a possibility, but the creator of the series decided that it probably will not have the Strogg in it, and make it more like the original Quake. The reason why is because he and everyone else are tired of the Stogg idea. This is just disappointing, since I think a really good story could have been made with the Strogg, but the games that had the Strogg utterly failed at making them seem special. Most of the stuff I know about the Strogg came for Wiki articles, since the game lacks so many special details.

The Strogg seem to be more brutal than the Borg. If you are a victim of the Strogg you are useful, dead or alive. Living victims become Stroggified or used for cruel experiments, while the dead are harvested and used as a liquid food. If a Strogg unit dies, the nanomachines within it break down the body so that it may be recycled. Lesser units are ran down by greater units without significant consequence, since the only rank is power.

I thought they were pretty neat, but the fact that they are not too popular puts a dampener on my interest with them.
    That is my frustration. A neat idea that is poorly handled. I am certain that the Strogg are based off of the Borg, so that is probably another reason for why the Strogg are not very popular.

18. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Although that Stroggification part in Quake 4 was pretty cool

Otherwise a forgettable game.

I recall Doom 3 disappointing me immensely. Of course it didn't help that at the time my computer couldn't run it. Still it's grown on me a little bit for some reason.

----------------------

I got one. Halo 3. There was no way it would have lived up to the hype leading to it. It was here I was done with the series.

19. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You mean Quake 2 actually had a story to it? I've got Quake 2, I just thought it had some lame "mission trail" for the Single Player side. No wonder I got bored with the game so easily and didn't really bother looking into more information about the series.

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I admit I did not play the entire game. But I did notice that for it was simply doing objectives to reach the objective. I guess most of the story it had was in the manual, and whatever the objectives were. Quake 2 did have a nice sound track, though. I think I will finish it up.

Doom 3 was another I forgot to mention. I was hyped about playing it when I was little, and when I actually played it 10 years later, I was disappointed. It did scare me, with creatures and zombies suddenly coming at me, and I also liked certain gory moments that showed how terrifying the enemies were supposed to be. It was the game play that dragged on.

I will say that I really liked the stroggification on Quake 4, but I guess that was the only reason I bought it. That and a phrase that had something to do with only being able to beat them by becoming them [the Strogg].

Now that I have that out of the way, I will mention Halo 3. I did not get to any of the hype, but I did want to play it for the story. The thing that interested me about Halo was the Flood. When I was little, it scared me. Now, it does not bother. Makes me wonder what was so scary about them. Now, I am hearing about how butchered the Halo series has become, especially with Halo 5.

#20 Core, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015