Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Wolf Children Discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    That makes it even worse then. I don't care how determined your kid is if they are trying to rush into a situation where they could die or something you as a parent are supossed to stop them. It's fine to let a kid make a few mistakes and learn from them but you don't just let them make a rash decision that could cost them their life especially at such a young age. Because again wolf boy or not he was clearly still of a fairly young mental age and even if he wasn't his only knowledge of surviving in the wilderness was an old fox he hanged out with for a while. So if we are actually taking survivalbility into account (I was just of ignoring it since it's anime and characters can survive anything if plot dictates) then that means hana willingly let her son rush off into the forest to likely die. Again if he HAD to protect the forest he could easily do so while still staying at home and maybe he could become some kind of forest ranger or something meaning a human occupation that lets him live near and officially protect the forest so there is no need to live the short and dangerous life of a wolf forever without ever returning.

But the ending didn't seem THAT grim so I'm going to assume the anime didn't take into account nor expect us to think about the kid's chances of survival. But yeah if we take a moment to consider it it makes her decision seem even worse if she made it with that end in mind.

2. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I agree @Natsuru-san and @Metazoxan that Ame was too young to leave his mom....giving his maturity level that we have seen.... He should of learned more from his mom and learn more from school... cuz even dad went to college to learn more in academics ... improving his "human education" he didnt just run off to the forest and forget abt his human half...... I also agree... that it was a touching ending... and whether "we" feel it should of ended this way or that way....it wasnt our choice... to end it that way.... (i feel it was an epic movie)

(sorry that i went off on this pathway) @dedseed1... i see your point....he would be 45 yrs old....if he was a full wolf.... but.... 1) he wasnt a full wolf so wolf years arent dominate....2) do you really think he was too mature growing up??? when he and Yuki were growing up together they acted like human toddlers... (i know i went off with the whole animal aging thing... it was to point out that animals that age faster than us show their age more quickly... it was a basis to show Ame and Yuki were aging like humans and not animals.... even when they are half wolf...

In short, I believe it was reckless for Ame to leave at such a young age.

#22 Sammy Madison, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  3. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Its refreshing to watch a movie like this after seeing so many anime series, the quality was amazing. I dont watch movies normally, nor would i have picked this one up on my own, but glad i did nonetheless.