1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildlands: A Hunter's Life

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade' started by ThatRandomGinger, Feb 14, 2017.

  1. The_Lullabye

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    116
    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2014
    Likes Received:
    17
    Trophy Points:
    95

    Evelin regarded both Mila and Fele with suspicion. It's true some people chose to live out in the wild lands, but there weren't many and most were veteran hunters too long away from civilization.... Or those weirdos who want to be eaten.

    This woman had clearly been out here for quite some time, she almost looked as feral as the tiger.

    Evelin knew that anything she said to the woman would probably come off as rude so she stayed quiet. Instead of talkign she busied herself with picking up the bombs she had dropped when her pouch ripped.
     
  2. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    1,086
    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2013
    Likes Received:
    238
    Trophy Points:
    215

    Fele just crossed his paws and yawned, he was not bothered by potential dinner


    Mila simply raised a brow
    'Are you absolutely certain you are ready to fight back?"
    as someone who has lived in the forest most of her life, she has seen what all some of the beasts are capable of


    Mila simply shrugged
    'It was a choice I made a long time ago"
    she then looked down at Fele wondering if it would be a good idea to go along.
    "Well I suppose I can help, after all can't have you feeding the beasts living here if you fail. Once they have a taste of humans, they grow a hunger for them"
    she hadn't bothered to look at the map he showed her for she knew the forest very well, she turned and started heading down a path
    "Your cave is this way"
    she looked back at the group
    "Keep your guard up"
    Fele got up and started following alongside Mila, his ears were moving every which way trying to pick up any movement.


    OOT I can do a roll a few times until Fele finds something once we get moving, hope this post works
     
  3. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    Seth scoffed at the mere thought of it.
    "Trust me, this isn't my first rodeo. I'm a professional monster hunter and I happen to be pretty great at what I do."
    He tapped his sword at his side.
    "But don't just take my word for it! Watch me work and then tell me if I still look like a rookie."

    When she finished speaking, he flashed a smile that was brimming with confidence as he looked back to Evelin and Jane.
    "You heard her, let's get going. We wouldn't want to keep the big guys waiting, would we?"
     
  4. ThatRandomGinger

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    1,349
    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2013
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    75

    "Guess you've only hunted small game in this forest then huh, majority of monsters eat whatever they can get their claws into so they've bound to had a taste by now. Try as the guild might, there just aren't enough hunters to cover everywhere at all times. It's why most contracts are based off a report of a sighting rather than preemptive." Jane talked as the hunting party approached the destination, along the way Jane spied a few of the carcasses from her last hunt still laying about.

    As they reached the mouth of a cave Jane stopped.
    "Wait a minute i know this cave section, there's a second entrance a few hundred feet from here, fought a Jaggi not to long ago in that area.... Hmm maybe the Giggis drove it out, bah anyway I'm gonna go head them off! If we attack both sides I'm sure we'll have the beasts confused"
    Before getting anything objections or input from the party Jane ran off in the direction of the other entrance.

    After climbing a few rock ledges she made it to the entrance and slowly crept into the cave. As she did a trail of blood could be seen leading into the cave, however she couldn't tell if it was from a beast leaving wounded or entering to recover.
    Seems those two did a number on each other, one of them has to bee badly wounded...
    Jane approached a wider opening to the cave which was actually a large ledge overlooking a wide basin, a single Gigginox was hunched over nawing on something while faint cries could be heard. Suddenly the beast lurked up and showed exactly what was crying out, a large deer it was attempting to swallow whole. Thinking the beast saw her Jane took a step back, and knocked over a small rock that actually alerted the gigginox. It seemed this one wasn't the one wounded, crunching the deer in it's large maw it turned it's attention toward Jane. She Quickly pulled a torch out and lit it using a flint and her sword tossing it at the beast who's sight was based on body heat. Hopefully the torch distracted it long enough for her to land a clean strike on its back when she jumped down

    !roll d20 #Gigginox is distracted; d20 #Gigginox focuses Jane
     
  5. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Gigginox is distracted: 10; Gigginox focuses Jane: 10

    For: ThatRandomGinger Re: #64
     
  6. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    1,086
    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2013
    Likes Received:
    238
    Trophy Points:
    215

    Mila chuckled
    "is that so?"
    they had reached the entrance of the cave at this point and Jane had left the group to check out the other entrance. Mila looked at Seth
    "If I recall, you weren't able to say Gigginox, without stuttering. Are you sure you're as good of a hunter as you say"
    She turned her attention towards the entrance
    "A good hunter shouldn't fear its prey, no matter how dangerous the prey is. They can smell your fear"
    she knelt down picking up the dirt and letting it run through her hands
    "Be on guard, there was activity here recently"
    She looked in the cave, but it was too dark to see
    "well if she wants us to attack on both side, it would probably be best if we take cover until the beast comes out of this entrance. If we the beast see's us, its liable to run back into the cave giving it an advantage "
    Mila looked up and spotted a tree, which the branches hovered above the cave
    "perfect"
    she looked at Fele and gave him a nod. The both of them started climbing the tree and hunched down on the branch waiting to attack
     
  7. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    With a scoff, a clearly flustered Seth was quick to argue back while Mila was checking the tracks.
    "Hey, come on now, that was just a little slip of the tongue! I just-- I mean, we don't HAVE any of those Gigginox things back where I come from, okay?"
    He folded his arms, growling slightly under his breath. It was much more obvious than he realized that Mila had wounded his pride.
    "Well, they can sniff around all they want to but they aren't gonna smell any fear from me. If you don't believe anything that I have to say, just watch me work, then you can decide for yourself whether or not I'm the best you've ever seen!"


    Seth shrugged.
    "Sure, that's one way to do it. It's probably the safer way to do it, too. There's just one problem...I don't want to take the chance that the other Gigginox is over on the other side mauling Jane to death while we're out here sitting on our hands, waiting for something to happen."
    He carefully approached the cave and took a quick look inside, then he turned back to Mila and Evelin, pointing to them as he spoke.
    "Here's the new game plan. I'll sneak in, get his attention and lure him back out here. Once he's out in the open, Mila, you can snipe him with your bow and Evvie, you can blast him with your bombs. If he's still up after all of that, I'll jump in and pull off the coup de grace. Sound good?"
    Without waiting for a reply, he gave them a wink and a thumbs-up.
    "Groovy. I'll be back before you know it so stay frosty!"
    With his sword at the ready, he took off running into the cave.

    When he saw the Gigginox further down in the cave, he hid behind a rock and approached it slowly and carefully.

    "There you are, big guy...bet you didn't expect to see me again so soon, did you?"
    He'd made his way a little closer, close enough that there might be a chance of the monster spotting him if he pressed his luck any more.
    "This should be close enough. Let's see...how should I get his attention? I could throw a rock at it. I could yell at it. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm just gonna stab it."
    He then draws his conversion spear-sword and switches it to its spear configuration. With his weapon ready, he charges straight at the Gigginox in an attempt to draw first blood on him before running back out of the cave. Moving quickly, Seth is able to strike before the Gigginox fully realizes what is happening.


    !roll d20+2 #Attack Roll (Seth); d20 #Evade Roll (Gigginox)
     
  8. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Attack Roll (Seth): 8; Evade Roll (Gigginox): 3

    For: Dungeon Master Re: #66
     
  9. ThatRandomGinger

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    1,349
    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2013
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    75

    Jane swung her greatsword down striking the Gigginox, however it didn't go without notice, just before she landed her strike the beast had bitten her and tossed her to the ground. Tumbling for a moment, Jane rolled and dug her heels in the ground stopping her self from rolling any further. The gigginox now enraged roared a ear shattering roar, forcing Jane to cover her ears, as the roar finished a few of the ceiling stalactites came crashing down.
    Shaking her head after uncovering her ears Jane gulped down an antidote to counter the poison from her bite wound.
    "Okay time to play big guy, HYAH!"
    Charging forward Jane aimed to land a direct strike on the Gigginox face, trying to do as much damage as possible.

    !roll d20 #Attack Lands; d20 #Gigginox dodges
     
  10. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Attack Lands: 13; Gigginox dodges: 17

    For: ThatRandomGinger Re: #67
     
  11. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    The Gigginox, seeing Seth approaching quickly, turns around and lets out a roar. However, by the time it gets its footing and tries to bite at Seth, he'd already jumped in the air, avoiding the bite completely. Letting out a battle cry of his own, Seth comes down on the creature with the full force of his spear, stabbing it in the back. The Gigginox lets out a shriek of pain while Seth quickly pulls out his spear and starts running towards the entrance. He turns around just long enough to goad the creature into following him, his cocky grin showing through in the dimly-lit cave.
    "Ooh, that didn't go to well for you, did it? If you want some payback, come and get it!"
    After gesturing for the creature to follow, Seth took off once again and with a screech that sounded as enraged as such a creature could sound, the Gigginox followed closely behind him.

    When he emerged from the cave, Seth immediately looked up to make sure that Mila and Evelin were in position. Taking only a very brief moment to catch his breath, he started to run past them as he called out to them.
    "It's right behind me! You know what to do, bring the thunder!"
    He found a tree to hide behind just as the creature emerged from the cave with another loud screech. Seth switched his weapon back to its sword configuration and waited to see what Evelin and Mila would do to it.



    OOT: Don't forget, you're in a pretty advantageous position right now, so feel free to add a bonus to your attack roll if you want.
     
  12. Miss Elegent Serenity Your loveable social admin & RP president

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    1,086
    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2013
    Likes Received:
    238
    Trophy Points:
    215

    Mila was at the ready, her bow in hand and arrow set and aimed at the cave entrance. Once Seth came running out, Mila pulled back on the bowstring and waited for the gigganox to appear. Once it was in sight Mila took aim for its eye, giving them an advantage and giving the gigganox a disadvantage. She released the arrow


    !roll d20 #arrow hits; d20 #arrow grazes
     
  13. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    arrow hits: 5; arrow grazes: 6

    For: Miss Elegent Serenity Re: #68
     
  14. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    OOT: Gonna do a quick attack roll for Evelin, then I'll write the result from Seth's perspective. No objections? Good, because I'm already going for it. :D

    Evelin attacks from cover, throwing bombs at the Gigginox.

    !roll d20 #Attack (Evelin); roll d20 #Evade (Gigginox)
     
  15. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Attack (Evelin): 2; Evade (Gigginox): 20

    For: Dungeon Master Re: #69
     
  16. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    Seth was hiding behind a large tree, peeking around the corner to see how things would play out before he made his move. What he saw was...quite surprising and a little disappointing. Mila's arrow only landed a glancing blow on the beast and Evelin's bombs failed spectacularly. Some of the bombs were scattered around the beast, exploding at too far of a distance to do any kind of damage. Some of them were swatted right back at the group, causing a near miss for Seth when one of them exploded not too far from where he was hiding. A few of them were duds, their fuses weakly fizzling out with no explosion in sight. Seth looked at the recently ambushed yet relatively unharmed creature in amazement, blinking a few times and shaking his head to make sure what he was seeing actually happened.
    "Worst. Ambush. Ever."
    He let out a small sigh as he put away his sheath and readied his sword.
    "Well, when you want something done right..."
    With that, he quickly charged out from cover, hoping to land a blow on the Gigginox before the beast could get its bearings back.


    !roll d20 #Attack (Seth); roll d20 #Evade (Gigginox)
     
  17. JustAnimeBot

    『   』
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    0
    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2017
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Attack (Seth): 15; Evade (Gigginox): 14

    For: Dungeon Master Re: #70
     
  18. Dungeon Master

    Rank:
    Rank:
    Rank:
    Messages:
    450
    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    48
    Trophy Points:
    145

    The Gigginox, still distracted from the ambush, left just enough of an opening for Seth to take the advantage and strike. Seth dashed towards the beast and by the time it turned to face him, Seth was in mid-swing, landing a direct blow on this side of its head leaving a large vertical gash which caused the creature to let out a loud, terrifying screech of agony. Now that he had the full attention of the Gigginox in front of him, Seth took a defensive stance, ready to engage the monster head-on with a confident smirk clearly visible on his face. The two squared off, with the creature giving Seth-- who had landed not one but two solid blows on it already-- a hateful glare as it hissed and crouched down, looking just as ready to strike as Seth was.
    "And just like that, the Hero among Hunters takes center stage! If either of you want to get in on this, you'd better hurry before I slice off its head and take all the glory for myself."
    Still keeping his eyes locked on his target, he called out to Mila and Evelin. Since he was the only one having any kind of success against the Gigginox so far, his confidence was at an all-time high and he almost felt like he was doing them a favor by giving them a chance to shine.
     

Share This Page