Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Wildlands: A Hunter's Life

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by ThatRandomGinger, Feb 14, 2017.

1. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Hunt or be hunted, the law of nature which pits beast against beast. As mankind struggles to survive and carve out their existence, they too must join in on nature's game: Hunt or be Hunted. This is why the Hunters Guild was formed, a group of hunters, scholars, adventures aiming to keep humanity safe while advancing it further. Will you join them in their hunt, in the Wildlands?
    [​IMG]

Rules:
    No God modding
    All Beasts, Monster etc HAVE TO BE KILLABLE, They can be impossibly tough to which they will be classed as Extreme Hunts and warned before hand
    There must be multiple of a monster species

Make Your Choices:

Weapon Classes: Pick whichever you like or make your own. Note only one weapon class per hunt but class can be changed while not in the field.

Great Swords: Overly large two handed weapons: great power, reach and sharpness. However their size makes them slow and cumbersome. In a pitch can be used as a shield but is not recommended

Long Swords: Absurdly long yet thin sword(Scythes are allowed in this class): great power, reach and precision strikes. The length of the blade makes the hunter move at a normal speed. Long swords can't block but are great at countering if timed right

Sword and shield: Medium sized sword and shield offering a balance of power reach and defense(Axe and mace are allowed as well in this class). The Hunter can move nimbly even with this weapon drawn. While the shield will block most attacks don't expect it to stop a charging monster.

Dual Blades: Twin Medium sized swords focusing on power, speed, and sharpness(Axe and mace are allowed in this class). The Hunter can move nimbly even with these drawn is encouraged to. The dual blades can only block attacks by the smallest of monsters

Hammer: Overly large two handed blunt weapons: great power, reach and stunning capability. The size of the hammer restricts hunters to normal speed. The hammer can't block attacks

Horn: A large musical club that boosts personal and team performance: Great power, sustainability, and stunning capability. Their size makes them slow and cumbersome. Horns can't block attacks

Lance: Large shield and polearm weapon: great reach, precision, and defense. Their weight slows the user greatly unless charging forward. The large shield can block almost any frontal attack

Guardians Shield: Large shield used for defense and bashing: great defense, sustainability, and support. The size makes the user move at normal speed. The large shield can block almost any frontal attack.

Gun Lance: A lance with a cannon at the tip, capable of firing several types of rounds: great range, reach and defense. The weight of the shield slows the user greatly. The large shield can block almost any frontal attack.

Switch Blade: Overly large folding blade, which can be switched from a nimble mode into a Large Sword: great attack, reach and sharpness. The nimble mode allows normal movement while the Sword is slowed. Can't block due to the switching ability

Charge Axe: Overly large Sword and shield that when fully charged converts into a Great Axe: great damage, defense, and blasting capabilities. Both forms greatly slow the hunter down. Only the uncharged mode can block, with each block the weapon gains a charge

Polearms: Long thin two handed weapons(Spears, Bladed poles are allowed in this class): Great mobility, sustainability and aerial launching. The lightness of this weapon allows nimble movement, even the ability to launch oneself in the air. This weapon can't block

Portable Cannon: Medium man portable cannon offering semi auto firing of different shells: great range, modable and, mobility. The light frame allows normal movement of the hunter. This weapon can't block so it is advised to stay mobile or at range

Howlitzer: Large man portable cannon offering heavy firepower at the cost of firing speed. great range, modable, and power. The weight of the cannon force the hunter to move slowly. If a shield is attacked the Howlitzer can block as good as the sword and shield.

Bow: A hunting classic, great range, mobility and stealth. The bow allows for full range of motion even while drawn. It can't block any attack

Hunter Classes: Choose your class of hunter or make your own. Note you can still hunt with others even if they are different classes, your goals however would be different. Mainly a flair extra
    • Village Hunter: Sponsored by your local chief, you hunt to protect your village!
    • Guild Registered: Endorsed by the guild you are a freelancer, you hunt for the sake of hunting, fame and gold!
    • Poacher: You hunt and sell monster materials on your own for a profit! However you can't technically join in on guild hunts or village hunts as you have no registry, but nothing is stopping you from treacking out on your own.
    • Treasure Hunter: Seeking the wonders of the Wildlands or just trying to strike it rich, you hunt for the rarest monster materials, ores, eggs, and plants!

Character Info/ Sheet:

Name:
    Backstory: (Optional)
    Weapon Class/Classes:
    Hunter Class:

World Info:

Time Period: Medieval to start of Industrial revolution, examples of tech they have: hot air balloons, siege weaponry, steam based tech, start of railway systems.

Monsters of the Wildlands:
    Any and all you can think off, to give us a nice hefty starting bunch

Types of Hunts: Starting idea of possible Hunts
    • Normal: Hunt a standard difficulty monsters, or species of monster.
    • Advanced: Top class specimen of the species are usually the targets!
    • Extreme: Hunts against Alpha class monsters, only the brave take these and few return...
    • Huntathons: A step above Extreme as these hunts never end, you hunt till you drop fight a specific species. Example: Population boom of giant crabs, kill as many as you can with the supplies you bring/find!
    • Unstable Hunts: Chance a Advanced or Extreme Monster could appear, Hunter beware!
    • Treasure Hunts: Search for treasures about the area, the more you find the more you are rewarded!
    • Expeditions: Explore a biome, mapping the region and collecting valuable supplies for your keeping.

Biomes: Another good chunk of areas to fight monster in but feel free to add

Forest and Hills: Temperate forest bordering rolling hills, sunny all year round
    Snowy Mountains: Large mountain range covered in snow year round
    Swamplands: Low marshes home to abundant mushrooms
    Desert: Arid expanse of sand, blazing hot during the day while icy cold at night
    Jungle: Large rain forest, hosts frequent showers
    Volcanic Belt: Large volcanic ring home to various different volcanoes, near constantly hot and home to various ores
    Arctic Rim: Frozen oceans home to aquatic and amphibious beasts
    Flooded Forest: Low laying forest often swampy due to excessive rain
    Floating Mountains: Magnetic hunks of rocks float and spin mid air, home to climbing species and rare herbs
    Oasis Rivers: scattered Oasis-es in a vast desert connected by a large underground lake
    Great Forrest: Dense forest full of ancient trees, some the size of mountains
    Coastal Reef: Sea side coast home to aquatic monsters
    Arenas: Various man made arenas for hunters to test their might, or quell a loose monster
    Battlegrounds(Extreme Only) : A section of a valley used to battle colossi monster who migrate through the area, rumor say a mountain dragon lays in wait...
    Great Sea(Extreme Only) : A vast expanse of sea traders fear to cross, rumor say a vile monster hides in it's depths...
    Great Desert Pass(Extreme Only) : Vast open desert few caravans cross due to recent howls. rumors say a sand whale swims the desert looking for prey...
    Lost Icefields(Extreme Only) : Ice fields in between the snowy mountains and arctic rim, rumors say a glacial goliath slumbers there...
    Lavapool(Extreme Only) : A magma field in the middle of the volcanic belt, rumors say a back beast of fire nests there...
    Ancient Tower(Extreme Only) : A ruined tower of an civilization lost to time, rumor say a black dragon sits atop it waiting to devour the world...

Weapons and Armor:
    As you hunt more monsters you find you materials to craft stronger and better weapons/armor. Using monster parts can greatly increase a weapons/armor effectiveness, but keep in mind the same thing said monster is weak to your weapon/armor is now weak to as well!

Dice rolls: A option we can use to determine fights. Scripted events can still happen as well.
    Example of dice rolls. Roll d20 Chance of hitting; d20 Chance of missing; d20 Chance of Critical; d20 Chance of Critical Failing. if the chance of missing is greater than hitting you miss (obviously). Have it be a two roll per one variable system, if you are attacking roll for attack and miss which ever is greater happens. My first post should show this. Running away can freely be done without a roll but keep in mind the monster might h=just chase after you!

2. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Name: Jane
    Backstory: Daughter of a village hunter and his guild hunter wife, Jane grew up learning how to hunt, about weapons, and the monsters of their world. Jane's mother was killed in a hunter when she was five, which caused her father to retire early to help raise her and her younger brother. Once Jane reached of age she wished to set out into the world as a hunter, as a means to explore and make a living. She left her village in the forrest and hills in search of work.
    Weapon Class/Classes: Great Sword (Main), Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, and Hammer
    Hunter Class: Guild Hunter

"HURA!!" Jane let out a roar as she swung her down slashing cleaving a jaggi in half killing it. It's two pack mates scattered turning around at jane and readied to pounce.
    "Hunt jaggi they said, it will be an easy hunt, free money the said.... Bahh no one told me i had to wipe the whole pack!" Jane put her sword up as a shield as the pounced at her. She adjusted her grip on the iron great sword and began to swing it horizontally
    "Hyah!" Her sword connected to the two and sent them flying. One laid motionless as the strike was enough to finish it as the other one jumped to it's feet. Just as the beast began to charge Jane she threw her Great sword over her shoulders resulting in a up woard swing landing on the beast.
    "Little ankle bitters, when am I gonna hunt a wyvern, or great beast?" Jane spoke aloud to her self as she carved scales and hide off of her kills placing them inter her hunters pouch. Jane moved to the next wide area following tracks of jaggi.

Following the tracks lead jane to a small hill near the edge of the forest, right next to a cave. As she over looked she saw several jaggi tearing about freshly killed game. The whole reason the contract was put on them was if left unchecked the would eat the village's wild food source, or worse harm a villager. Slowly creeping up them she jumped from the hill and swung her great sword as she fell, killing another jaggi. As she landed the other jaggi recoiled but soon lunged in all at once. Jane having just fell could bring her sword up in time to guard, instead while giving a might yell swung her great sword around her.
    "Eat this, Hiya!"
    The swing had cleared the swarming pack, and jane's contract on them had been fulfilled. As she was carving on the corpses she hear a howl, turning she saw the pack leader, a Great Jaggi. As it roared more jaggi came from the cave.
    "Well this should be fun, and here i thought i was finished. No rest for the wicked" He shook her head as she drew her greatsword readying for a fight.
    OoT:

As Jane drew her sword the Great jaggi charged at her
    !roll d20 #Chance of Jaggi Attack; d20 #Chance of Jaggi Missing; d20 #Chance of counter Attack if Jaggi Misses; d20 #Chance of critical

3. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance of Jaggi Attack: 19; Chance of Jaggi Missing: 14; Chance of counter Attack if Jaggi Misses: 10; Chance of critical: 17

For: ThatRandomGinger Re: #2

4. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Name: Seth

Backstory:
    Trained to be a Hunter from a young age, Seth was often overlooked despite the exceptional talent he had for slaying monsters. This was due to his older brother becoming renowned as a prodigy and something of a legend in the Hunters' Guild, overshadowing his younger brother at every turn despite Seth's best efforts. Feeling that he could never truly gain the respect of his peers or the recognition of his parents, he left for another city to start over.

Weapon Class/Classes:
    Conversion Spear-Sword*; Bow; Dual Blades

* As the name suggests, this weapon can be used as both a sword and a spear. As a sword, it is a long, straight, single-edge blade held in one hand that functions similarly to a Long Sword while the scabbard is held in the off-hand and can be used for blocking attacks or clubbing strikes. It can be used as a spear by locking in the end of the sword's hilt with the end of the scabbard to form a spear that functions similarly to a Polearm.

Hunter Class: Guild Hunter

OOT: Just character info for now, I'll make my first post later.

5. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    OoT: Added a bit of clarification to the dice rolls also i was a dumb and forgot to add chance to not crit.

The Great Jaggi snapped at Jane biting her shoulder, and vigorously shaking its head. Jane was flung back but managed to catch herself to keep from rolling any further, she began spiriting in the opposite direction. After getting a bit of distance Jane pulled out a potion and chugged it to recover her health. She drew her Great sword and began walking toward the Jaggi. Just as it began to charge a second Jane swung her sword down vertically aiming to strike the head of the Great Jaggi

!roll d20 #Chance to hit; d20 #Chance to Miss; d20 # Chance to Break head; d20 #Chance to not; d20 #Chance to Crit; d20 #Chance to not; d20 #Chance to Sever Head of Jaggi if Crit; d20 #Chance to not

OoT: Well my rolls are shit so far

6. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance to hit: 9; Chance to Miss: 14; Chance to Break head: 19; Chance to not: 4; Chance to Crit: 11; Chance to not d20 #Chance to Sever Head of Jaggi if Crit: 2; Chance to not: 7

For: ThatRandomGinger Re: #4

7. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Seth walked up to the counter in the guild hall, calling out to the middle-aged man working behind the counter.
    "Hey, you got a job for me today?"
    He pointed his finger at the man before he could respond.
    "And don't tell me I'm fighting more imps. Look, I think it's pretty clear by now that I can do better than that."

The man give him a wide grin.
    "How about goblins, then?"
    Seth held his head in his hands and let out a frustrated groan.
    "Come on, you're killing me! I know you're holding out and I didn't come all the way out here just to beat up the same kind of low-level trash that the newbies practice on. I killed my first goblin five years ago!"

The man shook his head.
    "Sorry, you know how the system works. Whatever reputation you might've built up elsewhere just doesn't apply here. We need to see for ourselves what you can do. Once you've proven that you can handle the monsters in this area, the folks in charge will clear you for higher-level missions."
    "I can handle the monsters in any area."
    "Then you won't have any problems moving up in the ranks, will you?"
    The man held out a piece of paper with a cheesy smile plastered on his face. With a very unamused expression, Seth forcefully snatched the paper out of his hand and shook his head as he made his way to the door.
    "Fine, I'll play along. But you'd better have a better contract waiting for me when I get back!"
    With that, he walked out the door and made his way to the cave listed on the contract.

8. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Name: Ranger
    Backstory: (Optional) Lost his memory, but still retains a sense of duty to explore the wildlands. He bares the scars of a fateful encounter with a terrible beast, and was robbed of all his previous equipment. In his mind, he fears a creature whose memory has scarred him forever in both body and soul. When he leaves the protection of the villages or sees monsters, he begins to panic from his PTSD, going into a savage berserk state, seeing everything as enemies. He only finds comfort during his panic when he holds a weapon, and uses it.
    Weapon Class/Classes: One-handed (Much like sword & shield class, using a bloody double-edged one-handed axe with no shield)
    Hunter Class: Poacher

[​IMG]

The Ranger sat by the fireside, along in the night forest. Clutching the bloodied ax, he rocked back and forth, stricken with panic. By him lay the corpse of his hunt, a whyvern.
    That creature has the materials I need for a new weapon.
    He needed to go hunting, no matter how much panic he felt. Laying down by the fire, he stared at the flames with eyes wide open, trembling. Surrounding the fire, in the darkness, lie the hacked corpses of dozens of goblins, the end result of Ranger's panic. Any other goblins stumbling into the area would run away to avoid the same fate. Though it was difficult, the ranger eventually fell asleep, with only one word echoing through his mind:
    Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill... Kill...

9. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Name: Soarael
    Backstory: (Optional) Extremely evolved elf, Characteristics are mostly human except for eyes and certain mannerisms.
    Weapon Class/Classes: Archer bow, and utility items such as rope and daggers.
    Hunter Class: Guild Registered, Guild Ambassador.

Name: Brawn
    Backstory: (Optional) Brawn is an identical twin to Beefstick, He isn't too bright but he is very tenacious. Poorly speaks.
    Weapon Class/Classes: Tank, Uses a club named the Club Of Clobbering.
    Hunter Class: Guild Registered.

10. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Soarael was sitting atop a tree when he noticed Jane walking into the forest he immediately knew she was going to fulfill a contract. Out of curiosity he followed her to see what she was handed. Soarael didn't feel like grabbing a contract for himself and so he would help whoever he saw first. He noticed she was hunting a Jaggi today. And saw she was getting pretty banged up.

Reaching towards his back he pulled out his bow, grabbing 3 arrows from his quiver he tied a rope to each of their ends and fired all 3 at the same time. .

OOT: take the last one as a joke.

#8 Guts, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  11. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    !roll d20 #Chance to hit; d20 #Chance to Miss; d20 # Chance to impale vital organ; d20 #Chance to not; d20 #Chance to Crit; d20 #Chance to not; d20 #chance to impress Jane; d20 #Chance to not impress Jane

12. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance to hit: 6; Chance to Miss: 3; Chance to impale viral organ: 2; Chance to not: 10; Chance to Crit: 12; Chance to not: 4; chance to impress Jane: 5

For: Guts Re: #9

13. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    When Soarael saw his arrows hit his target they dug into its side. Grabbing onto the ropes at the end he jumped down from the branch he was standing to drag the Jaggi up and to hang it like a pinata. He pulled out a dagger just in case the ropes or arrows were to snap.

!roll d20 #Chance for arrow 1 to snap; d20 #chance for it not to; d20 #Chance for arrow 2 to snap; d20 #chance for it not to; d20 #chance for arrow 3 to break; d20 #chance for it not too;
    d20 #chance for rope 1 to break; d20 #chance !roll d20 #Chance to hit; d20 #Chance to Miss; d20 # Chance to Break head; d20 #Chance to not; d20 #Chance to Crit; d20 #Chance to not to; d20 #chance for rope 2 to break; d20 #chance for it not too; d20 #chance for rope 3 to break; d20 #chance for it not too

14. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance for arrow 1 to snap: 1; chance for it not to: 11; Chance for arrow 2 to snap: 16; chance for it not to: 1; chance for arrow 3 to break: 6; chance for it not too: 12; chance for rope 1 to break: 776; chance !roll d20 #Chance to hit: 8; Chance to Miss: 9; Chance to Break head: 15; Chance to not: 8; Chance to Crit: 6; Chance to not to: 7; chance for rope 2 to break: 9; chance for it not too: 10; chance for rope 3 to break: 7; chance for it not too[/COLOR]: 1

For: Guts Re: #10

15. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    !roll d20 #Chance for arrow 1 to snap; d20 #chance for it not to; d20 #Chance for arrow 2 to snap; d20 #chance for it not to; d20 #chance for arrow 3 to break; d20 #chance for it not too; d20 #chance for rope 1 to break; d20 #chance for it not too; d20 #chance for rope 2 to break; d20 #chance for it not too; d20 #chance for rope 3 to break; d20 #chance for it not too

16. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance for arrow 1 to snap: 5; chance for it not to: 8; Chance for arrow 2 to snap: 3; chance for it not to: 1; chance for arrow 3 to break: 12; chance for it not too: 3; chance for rope 1 to break: 14; chance for it not too: 20; chance for rope 2 to break: 18; chance for it not too: 15; chance for rope 3 to break: 7; chance for it not too: 20

For: Guts Re: #11

17. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    OoT: So with those last rolls relased having a roll for ever variable might be a bit much, so one more revision, Have one roll for attack vs miss, one for counter attack hit or miss if being attacked, Crits will be if rolled a 20. Example roll d20 #Atttack Hit; d20 #Attack Miss; d20 #Counter Attack Hit; d20 #Counter Attack Miss

An arrow whizzed by Jane it struck the Great Jaggi. Jane turned into the direction of the arrow and saw an archer jump down from his tree perch. As he did the jaggi was pulled off the ground slightly. Jane gave the Archer a warriors salute while getting ready to swing her sword at the Jaggi strung up.
    "Thanks for that, didn't expect company out on this hunt. help your self to any carves but the purse is mine!"
    Jane swung her sword at the crest of the Great Jaggi who was wriggling about in air attempting to get free

!roll d20+5 #Atttack Hit; d20 #Attack Miss

18. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Atttack Hit: 21; Attack Miss: 14

For: ThatRandomGinger Re: #11

19. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Standing right outside the cave outlined on the contract, Seth took one last look at his map before putting it away and looked up.
    "Yep, this is the place. It's just too bad I had to come all the way out here just to put down some goblins."
    With a heavy sigh, he draws his sword and locks it in with the scabbard, forming a spear.
    "Well, I should be done before lunch, so at least there's that. Gotta look at the bright side, right?"
    He made his way inside the cave, keeping his spear at the ready. He'd brought his lantern with him in case it got too dark, but the goblins had scattered torches around the cave so there was enough light to see where he was and where he was going. After walking for a while, he came upon a small group of goblins and crouched down behind a large group of stalagmites so he wouldn't be spotted. He slowly closed in on them as they huddled around a fireplace, talking to each other in their own unknown language.
    "There's only four of them here...the rest must be further in."

When one of the goblins got closer and turned away from him, Seth made his move. Charging out from behind cover, he jumped on the unsuspecting goblin and pinned him to the ground, stabbing him through the chest for an instant kill. He then turned around and swung at a second goblin, slicing his neck wide open. The third and fourth goblins panicked and tried to put some distance between themselves and Seth. Seth charged the third goblin and he ran, closing the distance quickly and thrusting his spear when he got within striking distance. It found its mark and the disemboweled goblin slumped down to the floor. The fourth, however, had run in the opposite direction and was now some distance away from Seth. It pulled out its hunting bow and took aim. As it did, Seth turned around and began charging towards it, though he wouldn't make it in time to stop the goblin from firing.

!roll d20 #Attack (Goblin); d20 #Evade (Seth); d20 #Counterattack (Seth); d20 #Evade (Goblin)

20. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Attack (Goblin): 4; Evade (Seth): 11; Counterattack (Seth): 9; Evade (Goblin): 9

For: Dungeon Master Re: #11

21. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Name: Evelin
    Sex: Female
    Weapon Class: Gunlance and bombs
    Hunter Class: Treasure Hunter

REEEAAAAAAAGGGGHHHSCH

The roar echoed through the cavern deafening me as I stumbled through the darkness. With a terrified look I glanced behind me into the receding light from the torch I had dropped in fright. A dark shape blocked out the light as the monster chased after me, it's bulk scraping against the stone around it. While watching my pursuer I didn't notice the turn before me and ran straight into the hard rock, the impact dazed me long enough for the monster to catch up to me. The rancid breath blew on my back and I felt droplets of drool on my neck. With a scream I bolted away down the next tunnel, the monster roaring in pursuit.

The tunnel opened into a large cavern as I sped forward. I had gotten maybe half way across, or so I hoped as it was pretty hard to tell in the darkness, when I felt something warm and wet hit me in the back. I stumbled forward trying to catch my balance from the impact as my back began to burn from whatever it spat at me. My foot caught against a rock at an awkward angle and fell forward. Something warm and wet ran down my forehead and into my face, I spat as some of it streamed into my mouth causing a tingling sensation that quickly turned into an intense burning. Wiping my face as best I could I suddenly felt a large warm body right above me.

I crawled as fast as I was able when something huge crashed down near me, shaking the ground I lay on. I didn't want to turn around, I didn't want to see it's glistening teeth as it it came closer. Though it wasn't like I could see anything else at the moment but the thought alone made me wet myself in fear.

"No, no don't eat me!" I managed to cough out. Another roar deafened me further and the sound of a second creature entering the cavern.

The newcomer roared again and I felt it charging towards me. They clashed above me, the one I had stumbled on fighting the newcomer for the right to eat me. I moved despite the pain from the monster's poison. As the two fought one of them hit me with a wing or tail sending my body flying across the cavern to hit a stalagmite. I lay ta the base, the burning spreading throughout my body as my bloodstream aided the poison in spreading. I reached down my body to the pouch where I kept my potions and antidotes, but the pouch wasn't there.

Desperately reach out around me my fingertips brushed part of the satchel. I pulled it towards me, hope filling my body. The bag had torn, most likely from a claw and the soaked cloth bag was filled with broken glass. With a wail of despair I let the will drain from my body and just lay on the cold stone floor, waiting to see whether the poison would kill me before one of the monsters one then came and ate me. I hoped it would be the poison.

22. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "No Interest in the coin love! just interest in helping a fellow guild member on a hunt." Saorael eagerly stated before focusing his energy on his next attack, using his upper body strength he started to swing back and forth on the rope. Pulling the Jaggi a little bit higher each swing. Finally once it was high enough he anticipated for his leap. Throwing himself towards the Jaggi both daggers drawn he went for it's neck, drastically weakening it, at the same time he positioned himself for a jump off of the Jaggi instead of trying to ride it down.

Upon getting the attack he threw his lower body weight down and launched himself towards the tree leaving the dagger in the Jaggi's neck and using his second dagger to stab into a the bark of a tree. he held himself up there for a moment and dropped to a lower branch.

"I think you can finish it off! He doesn't seem like such a big boy after all."
    !roll d20 #Chance to hit; d20 #Chance to miss; d20 #Chance to Crit; #chance to miss.

23. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chance to hit: 8; Chance to miss: 6; Chance to Crit: 10; chance to miss.[/COLOR]: 17

For: Guts Re: #13

24. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    The goblin lets its arrow loose directly at Seth, but thankfully he saw it coming and deflected it with his spear. The goblin rushed to nook its second arrow but Seth had already closed the distance by the time it pulled the arrow from its quiver. It jumped backwards to avoid the swing of Seth's spear, taking a grazing blow as it just barely avoided the full brunt of the attack.
    "You're mine now!"
    If the goblin had a melee weapon on hand, it might've had a chance to defend itself. However, with only a bow and arrow in its hands, it never stood a chance at close range. By the time the goblin's hand reached the knife it kept on its belt, Seth lunged towards it with his spear and struck it through the heart, definitively ending the skirmish. Seth swung his spear, shaking the blood off of it, and looked deeper into the cavern.
    "Well, that takes care of them, but where's the rest of the pack?"

Just as he'd asked this question, a loud roar came from deeper within the cavern. Seth's eyes widened slightly and he flinched.
    "Oh...yeah, that would explain it."
    Then he chuckled to himself and grinned.
    "There's something bigger in this cave, something that definitely wasn't on the contract. If I just happened to be in the area and I just happened to take it down while I'm here, I would think that'd count for some bonus points."
    He ran deeper into the cavern, which grew darker the farther he went. After some time, he heard a sound that surprised him much more than the monster's roar and stopped him in his tracks. It was the sound of a woman crying out and it came from the same direction as the monsters. His hairs stood on end as a sense of urgency came over him.
    "Whoever you are, please, please still be safe! I'm on my way!"
    He dashed towards the sound as fast as he could, making his way to an opening in the cavern before long. He stopped and looked into the dimly lit room; the two fighting gigginox immediately caught his attention but he passed them over and looked for the woman whose scream he'd heard. Fortunately, the two monsters were so engrossed in their fight that they didn't even see Seth come in and it appeared they didn't go after the girl, even when she cried out.

Seth carefully made his way around the room, trying to stay in the shadows whenever he could. It took some time but he found the woman laying down on the stone floor. With a gasp, he ran over to her, making a little more noise than before though it still seemed to go unnoticed. He set his spear down and gently cradled her head in his arm. Now that he could get a closer look, he could tell that she looked weak and was barely holding on to consciousness. He spoke to her a hushed tone, hoping he wouldn't draw any attention from the monsters.
    "Hey, can you hear me?"
    He glanced over in the direction of the dueling monsters.
    "I'm not sure, but I think those were Gigginox. Gigginoxes? Doesn't matter. She must've gotten some of their poison, it's a good thing I brought a few antidotes just in case."
    He pulled a vial of antidote out of his pack, opened it and poured it down her throat. After a few seconds, he whispered to her again.
    "Come on, stay with me. Can you hear me? Say something, anything."

25. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It had been getting harder to breathe as I was lying against the stalagmite. I guess I stopped paying attention to the world around me at some point because suddenly there was a man holding my head up. Somewhere near the two monsters were still fighting and making quite the racket as they did so.

Has my body always been this heavy? I guess the armor adds to that. The weight on my limbs was tremendous, as though all the muscles had been removed.

"Wha...t?" I looked up at the man in confusion and spoke in a weak voice.

I wanted to say more, express how glad i was to see him but the words were slipping away. Looking up at him I wondered if my face or eyes were showing him anything.

Even if I could have my breathing seemed to be getting worse. The poison was shutting my body down, it shouldn't be much longer...

He opened my mouth and poured something inside. My body made me swallow it and it tasted okay but bitter. It was having an effect on my body; my breathing started to get easier, the heavy feeling went away and I could move again, I woke up and was able to speak.

"Th-Thank you." I managed to say.

#15 The_Lullabye, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  26. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Seth gives a sigh of relief and smiles at the girl.
    "Sure, no problem."
    He then picks up his spear, disconnects the two parts of the weapon and sheathes the blade as he speaks.
    "But it might be a little early for thanks, we still have to get out of here in one piece."
    With his sword now fastened to his waist, he glances over to the monsters.
    "Can you move? More importantly, can you run? If you can't, don't worry about it, I'll carry you out of here."
    He said this knowing that whatever they were going to do, they needed to do it now, since the monsters could spot them at any moment. Even though Seth is confident he could take down the monsters, he wants to avoid putting the injured girl in danger.

!roll d20 #Stealth (Seth); d20 #Detection (Gigginox)

27. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stealth (Seth): 13; Detection (Gigginox): 12

For: Dungeon Master Re: #16

28. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    "I think I'm okay," I said in response, "Just weak."

I worked on picking myself up, it was a slow process but I went as fast as I could. One leg under me and I was already breathing hard. I planted my other foot and a stabbing pain shot up my leg as I did my best to muffle my cry.

My arm had grabbed the stalagmite for support and was the only thing keeping me from falling over. I looked at my, hopefully, savior and shook my head.

"Can't, my ankle," I said quickly. My body wasn't really agreeing with my movements right now after the poison's effects. The cave was rocking in my head as though I'd had one too many in the tavern.

"You can carry me," I said swallowing down my dignity.

#17 The_Lullabye, Mar 12, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  29. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Minor Injury: 19; Major Injury: 14; mobility: 4

For: The_Lullabye Re: #17

30. JustAnimeBot

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stealth: 12; Discovery: 1

For: The_Lullabye Re: #18

31. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Despite the perilous situation, Seth couldn't help smiling a little bit.
    "Is it just me, or does she look a little embarrassed asking for help? Somehow, that just makes it even better."
    With a cheeky grin, he suddenly scooped the girl up in his arms and hoisted her over his shoulders.
    "Alright, let's get out of here before those guys figure out what's going on."
    With light steps, Seth dashed towards the exit as fast as he could without drawing attention. When he put some distance between himself and the monsters, he picked up the pace, but not too much as he didn't want to aggravate any injuries the girl might have.

When Seth made his way back to the cave's entrance, he took a few steps away from it and gently put the girl down on the grass before wiping the sweat from his brow.
    "Woo! Man, I forgot how deep that cave was. I'm totally counting that as my workout for the day."
    He took out a canteen and drank some water, then he picked out a spare canteen and offered it to the girl.
    "Need some water? You look like you had a rough time in there."

32. The_Lullabye Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I took the canteen from him and took a drink from it. The water tasted weird and for a moment I wonder if it was some kind of drug water but quickly put that thought aside. It must have to do with the poison I had swallowed. Unconsciously my hand went to my side were the potion satchel had been but found an empty spot. I made a fist out of frustration and hit the ground.

"Those damn Giggis! They weren't supposed to be there!" I raged at the cave behind me. "No one said anything about them, just those pesky goblins. But then they had there nest there and.... AGH!"

I turned to the man that had saved my life, "Thank you, for saving my life. I appre- OW!" Wincing I looked down at my right foot and experimentally moved it a little, resulting in a sharp pain. "I'm sorry, I don't suppose I could ask you for a health potion too, could I?"

"Sure, here you go," He said as he handed me the red vial. I downed the contents as fast as I could, hoping that none of it would touch my tongue. Though I knew otherwise my mind couldn't stop the health potion from tasting like blood. The red color was truly deceptive.

"Thank you, again I mean. For, well, for saving me and taking the time... I'm Evelin, my name is... I'm sorry."

I kept my eyes on the ground as the potion worked its way through my body, repairing the damage that the miraculous liquid found. Immediately my pain vanished and I was feeling good again. How the potions worked were a mystery, though there had to be some kind of sorcery involved, as it was simply to magical to be a natural remedy.

I hoped I wasn't coming across as ungrateful. I mean, he just saved my life and here I was acting like a school girl sitting next to her crush. But how did one who was just saved from certain digestion act towards their savior? Would he ask me for... that? I guess, I mean... I swallowed and found myself shrinking next to him.

"I'm sorry."

33. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    "This girl is just. Too. Adorable!!"
    Although he kept it (somewhat) hidden on the outside, on the inside Seth was practically gushing over how cute Evelin looked as she shyly introduced herself. He managed to keep his composure as he spoke up, though just barely.
    "The name's Seth, nice to meet you."
    As he noticed her shrinking next to him, looking somewhat nervous or maybe intimidated for some reason, he raised a curious eyebrow.
    "Is something wrong? You know, you don't need to be nervous or keep apologizing like that. I don't bite, I promise."
    He sat down next to her, giving her a wry grin.
    "Ohh, I think I get it. I do strike a pretty impressive figure, don't I?"
    He chuckled to himself and continued.
    "What can I say? Taking center stage and putting on a show is pretty much what I do. And I'm the best in the business at what I do."
    He then reaches over and gently pats her head, his smile growing slightly wider.
    "Oh yeah, don't worry about paying me back or anything. I don't stress about stuff like that and honestly, this is the most fun I've had since I came to these parts."