1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your least favourite thing about anime?

Discussion in 'Anime Chat' started by M-theoria, Oct 30, 2013.

1. AngeloDaniele

Tentacles

2. Sir-Maddy Master of Good Taste™

Wow

3. AngeloDaniele

What?

4. Sir-Maddy Master of Good Taste™

Why the hate for tentacles?

AngeloDaniele likes this.
  5. AngeloDaniele

Haha seriously? Come come now it should be obvious.

6. Noobs

how did i miss this?
    why do you hate this?

7. AngeloDaniele

They're to violent and gross for me. But it's not like a hate them with a passion they're just not what I'm into.

8. Dylanar

Okay... So Angelo does not like grotesque things I see.

9. Miyako Miyamura

exactly this. I especially can't stand the main character not making up his mind in harems and they then end with a non ending... no decision made... I'm like, great....... What the hell did I just watch this for?

I have noticed this seems to be a trend in anime adeptations of visual novels. almost as if they don't want to upset the fans for not picking the one they like... Like, I don't care if they don't pick the one I like. I picked tomoyo in clannad but in the anime they go with nagisa and I'm perfectly ok with that. it's one of my all time favoite anime because they picked a path and stuck with it. (Yes I know they have OVAs) but the main anime stuck with one heroine. ((holy crap I typed more than I thought))

#69 Miyako Miyamura, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    SkeLo likes this.
  10. SkeLo

All time things about anime that annoy the heck out of me...
    1. Anime series that are not continued or left hanging for years or forever!!!

So many great series are left victim to nothingness, totally destroyed because the creators/ TPTB revert viewers to the Manga or something to that affect i.e. lack of funds, not enough sales, change of direction... really WTF!!!! For us connoisseurs who love watching anime because for the mere fact its easier to watch a 24 min episode/ 12-24 series then read through a Manga (just me folks, no disrespect to those of you who are Manga bound)... So many great anime I have watched over the years and then the series were ditched for just a one-off first season with nothing more to follow on with, leaving unanswered questions/ plots not fulfilled/ characters and arcs in limbo.... it should be a crime!!!! ESPECIALLY, WHY CREATE A SERIES JUST TO NOT FINISH IT!!!!

For the record, if I am one-day blessed to come into a large win-fall of money or overwhelming inheritance.. I pledge my commitment to pour my finance into completing many of the great anime series out there in the ANIMEVERSE that are deserving to be at least completed/ finished off with satisfactory conclusions of at least another season, like the following for example just to name a few i.e.
    Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
    Overlord
    Snow White with the Red Hair
    La storia della Arcana Famiglia
    Gansta
    The Legend of the Legendary Heroes
    Log Horizon

2. Anime that is subbed....

Yes, yes I know most anime are converted from subbed to dub that's how we get what we get... but when some decent series out there are still not translated over; its like really!!! WTF!!!! Why discriminate against those of the populous of this world who are inclined to gravitate to dubbed only... COME ON PEOPLE, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!

3. Anime (some) that have been made into live action movies...

Ok sure there are some anime that were able to pull it off... Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin... but really others like G.I.T.S... were totally ruined especially special mention of Major Matoko who should've been depicted more like the anime but Johansson I felt did not have the true spirit of how Matoko should've been and don't get me started on Bato's portrayal... Ahhhh!!!! There are a few other series out there in the ANIMEVERSE that were lost on the bad acting or lost in translation of how the anime was and so directors/ movie studios should've just left well alone... SO FRUSTRATING, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Poor examples:
    Dragon Ball Evolution
    Crying Freeman
    Speed Racer
    Black Butler
    Casshern
    Kite
    Guyver
    Devilman
    Attack on Titan 1 & 2
    Fist of the North Star
    Blood: The Last Vampire
    City Hunter (even though I am an all time fan of Jackie Chan)

11. Core

I've felt this way, specifically for Rosario + Vampire. Spice and Wolf, too.

Seems a lot of people dislike harem. I used to like them, but it was only after watching Spice and Wolf that I realized I watched them for the romance. Harems in general take a few steps in romance for everyone, without actually getting anywhere, due to inconclusive endings or a self insert protagonist that is clueless just to fill the role of being an insert.
    Harems like the one in R+V are different though, since the protagonist actually has been given a romantic goal (at least, in the anime). Also the same for Date a Live.

Equality in romance just does not belong . Those harem endings (as rare as they are) depress me.

12. Storm Cerys

The glorification/normalization of pedophilia and incest tbh. As a teenager when I first got into anime this wasn't really a big deal to me, but the older I get, the creepier it gets to look for anime to watch and have like 75% of it feature this. Especially the pedophilia. It's really gross to see that glorified not only in anime but in the anime community as well. Even when younger characters aren't sexualized in the anime itself, they are in like half of the fanart and other fan media :/