Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What's your least favourite thing about anime?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by M-theoria, Oct 30, 2013.

1. [Insert name here] Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I know a lot of people have said this already, but when a series ends in a non-satisfying way. ESPECIALLY when the series didn't follow the manga so you're just kind of stuck.
    There's also when an anime is inconsistent in tone but I don't see that as often.

2. CinnamonChai Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I dunno, I mean, the talk about how friendship is the most powerful thing is just silly to me.

3. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    For me, the worst, the absolute worst thing, is the wait for anime to be released in the UK, if it ever does.
    After it's released in dub in the US, I have to wait 6 months to a year (if not more!) to get it over here, as the whoever licenses it in UK likes to take their sweet time releasing it. The worst example I can give is Shakugan no Shana Final. It still hasn't been released over here (and from what I've gathered, will never be), when Season 1 and 2 have been. So, I'm stuck with the choice of shelling out for a Multi-region Bluray player and importing, or never getting the anime I want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    While I like a lot of things in anime there are a few things I actually hate
    1. When an anime decides to take the "Anime Road" rather than the "Manga Road" if the said anime was adapted from a manga, since it leaves a void in your mind at times when the anime is incomplete and you're forced to read the manga, I'm looking at you Akame ga Kill
    2. Fillers, there's nothing I hate more than fillers, while the stories are good and all, fillers are just too overused in some anime, I nearly dropped Naruto: Shippuden and everyone I know call Naruto the "Filler Hell" due to both anime versions having filler every 6 months or so
    3. Cliffhangers, if the original story is incomplete, the anime will end all of the sudden with incomplete story and cliffhangers, never watching anime like Mahou Sensou or Kaze no Stigma again, ever

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    It has already been said before, but inconclusive endings suck. (DearS and Birdy: Decode, for example)
    Also, fillers in a 12 episode anime. Infinite Stratos fits this and the earlier flaw I mentioned.
    When anime tends to repeat a character's transformation. Show the whole transformation sequence over and over again.
    When an anime takes forever to get to the final nemesis and ends just minutes after the defeat of the enemy.
    When a season is dropped and replaced with a movie instead. Like Heaven's Lost Property.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I HATE when they don't subtitle text for English audiences. Yuki Yuna is a Hero's dub has an entire episode (the most emotional episode) ruined by this. On a show with a character that can only talk by writing in Japanese, they didn't bother to subtitle the text! Such laziness could of ruined an otherwise good show.

and I hate genre switches. Medaka Box is a decent comedy show nothing special but not bad and then season 2 all of a sudden its a shounen with one of the worst conclusions in anime history.

7. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Long, drawn out opening credit scenes. Continuity. In some anime, the story line strays from one episode to the next, or details about a certain character or situation is changed and leaves people confused. There are examples, I just can't think of any right now. Recycled scenes, like in Mobile Suit Gundam: SEED. Pointless characters who ruin the story line.

8. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    When the anime has significantly less fanservice than the manga.

When they add eating and drinking sounds, or characters talking with their mouth full. Completely grosses me out hearing people eat in anime and real life.

Dead characters coming back to life. If they were just presumed dead then whatever but if they were dead, keep them dead.

When they build up to a couple getting together for ages, and they finally do but they still act incredibly nervous around each other, haven't kissed or even held hands months after they started dating etc.

When a shounen has a plethora of capable fighters but only one of them ever gets to fight the big villain of every arc.

The fact that almost the entire anime community is built around and for subbed anime.

and even worse the movie sucked

9. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Yes, definitely. Also, how characters survive events that should kill them and with not so severe injuries.

10. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well for me I guess it would have to be if there was a harem that had an actual ending and the guy wasn't such an idiot and wasn't so unlikable. It be nice if he actually picked someone and everyone was ok with it and just moved on. I'm not big on harems, but I haven't seen that many good ones either.

Also I don't mind the fanservice, but I would like it if they used it correctly or just had better timing with it. I do get a little tired of how random it can be at times or like it starts to become just a little too much. Otherwise though I really don't mind the fanservice at all and i'm usually ok with it. It's annoying when they censor it with some random light or steam or whatever. I'm just like really come on just show it already.

The only other thing I can think of is stop making the guy or girl always fall onto someone that whole thing has gotten so tiresome and overused, but it keeps happening. I wish they didn't make some characters so clueless or completely unbearable in some form or way and also when they make a character look like there just perfect with no faults.

Most of the time I just go with the flow and don't usually complain much about anything ever and just continue on I don't usually make big a deal out of things very often, but what I all mentioned would be what I would like to see improvement on.

11. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yeah this is super annoying. Don't animate it in the first place if your afraid to show it. I'm okay with the beam of light while the show is airing as long as the Blu-ray or DVD is uncensored.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheRailgunSpark Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I understand why they do it, but I still find it annoying and wish they just show it all and yeah hopefully there's an uncensored version at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Risa0402 I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My least favorite things about anime:
    01. Annoying, useless Main character that don't do anything productive throughout the entire Anime Series. The Secondary characters are always coming to their aide, bailing them out of ridiculous situations, episode after episode.
    02. Poor choice of Voice Actors. The Main Character's voice is so annoying, it grates on your nerves like fingernails on a chalk board.
    03. Overuse of Fan service.
    04. Cliff Hanger endings are just pointless ! If you can't be decisive about an issue, battle or romantic escapade or whatnot, don't expect me to hang around for the second season for it to be resolved.
    05. Filler episodes that don't have anything to do with the story line.

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
  15. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    1 - Fillers
    2 - More fillers
    3 - Poor voice acting
    4 Poor story line ,with little to know development.
    5 - Stupid Harems , Well I hate all harems, granted there are some exceptions.

There my main problems I find with anime, especially numbers 1 and 2

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Thought of another one.

The fact me favourite Seiyuu gets shit roles and no roles. She's got no roles for Summer dammit. First time in a while and I'm not happy about this.

[​IMG]

Please get a role I'll take anything at this point. Don't leave me hanging for Summer, otherwise I'll have to marathon Mai-HiME.

17. Tachiuk I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    For me it is certainly (as many have said already) inconclusive or unsatisfying endings as they just make the whole journey and attachment to characters worthless.
    My other gripe is the whole whiny protagonist thing. Loads of anime do it and one that really comes to mind is Evangelion where I really wanted to punch Shinji in the face as he sits there in an indecisive stupor while everyone around him dies. I can understand people put in tough situations initially being scared and unsure which way to turn but he did it for pretty much the entire damned show.

18. HinataHyuuga I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Animes not being completed.

19. Phazon I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Elitism in Anime (in and outside the anime)

In other words, having some "elitist" bitch about your "shit taste" in anime and telling you their tastes are better (in reality, all they watch is 10 yr old "grils" transform into magical girls)

20. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Generic Females that only exist for boobs.