Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What made you start watching anime.

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by crimson, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Man, this is an old thread. >.>

I just started out by watching Dragon Ball, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Mobile Suit Gundam, and some others when I was kid. And it just kinda went from there.

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Got to give a shout out to Toonami from the 90's

3. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    For me, it was Voltron, Star Blazers, Dragon Ball, Tekkaman, Speed Racer, and Galaxy Express 999. Yeah, I started old school.

4. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Apparently I watched sailor moon when I was little but I don't remember. I watched bits and pieces of Naruto in year 4/5 and thought it was cool but I didn't know the genre that Naruto was. So I couldn't find it anywhere. Years later I watched Vampire Knight on TV and fell in love with the genre. I found more and more of these genres. It's all very confusing but somehow, I found out Naruto and Vampire knight's genre was called Anime. Finally, before I knew it, I was an anime addict.

I swear if anime was a drug, many people would be arrested by now.
    To be honest, if it wasn't for Anime, I don't think I would have met or gotten along with some of my friends from school. So I'm grateful for finding out Anime exists.

5. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I am not quite sure what it was that started it for me. Maybe one thing was that my dad did not want me watching it when I was little. I guess when you are not allowed to do something that catches your interest, it can make you want to do it even more. Actually, I think it was because he did not want me to be a fantasy nerd.

Anyway, what caught my attention was seeing a Queen's Blade game, then seeing the anime series at Hastings, which in turn made me wonder what it was, which caused me to check it online. I just got a tablet, and my sister in law had unlimited, high speed internet, which was the only way I could check it, aside from the library. After checking Queen's Blade, I decided not to bother with that and found another anime series, Rosario+Vampire, which really caught my attention. I found an anime sight that hosted it and watched it. after that, I began choosing different anime from that sight. Eventually, I came across this site and decide to make it my main base of operations.

The thing is, I have pretty much kept it hidden from every one else in my family. My brother knows that I watch some of it (all that I have really told him was certain parts on DBZ). Kinda my big secret.

Edit
    Forgot to mention earlier. Watching Queen's Blade was not the right way to get eased back into anime, that's for sure. I should have started with something more classic.

#25 Core, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    You know, I watched anime for children as a kid thinking they were cartoons and such like DBZ, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Digimon, once I entered high school which was about 6 years ago I encountered a group of students, with one of them being my senior, that were talking about anime and videogames, they recommended a few anime to watch and ever since I've been watching anime and as soon as I finish one I go straight to the other one

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i have no choice when i started up. ANMIE KIDNAPPED MY LIFE!

well when i was young (like 6) anime shows where shown consecutively for 2.5 hours starting from 6:30 pm to 9 pm. i can pretty much remember the sequence of the shows. Dragon Ball (not z and gt), Lupin III, Ghost Fighter, Flame of Recca, Hunter X Hunter respectivley then on fridays HxH will be replace by pokemon. that was on the first year. other channels followed the trend as it was popular when it came out. so Samurai X, Bubu Chacha, Kero-Chan, Ranma 1/2, Sakura and many more. it was a time of a lifetime to be in.

8. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    I started to watch "cartoons" as a kid both before and after school (things like Zoids and pokemon etc..) and my grandparents had cartoon network so when ever i went there i would watch what ever was on, mobile suit was one of the items i remember.

In middle school I don't really watch all that much (mostly web toons, this new thing called Red Vs Blue at the time) then I got to high school and a mate of mine was watching burst angle and I was like "Hey that looks cool", and I have loved Mechs ever since I first played a demo Armored core on PS one. so that started that, found out that his brother had a huge collection and I asked him for some recommendations and since then I started calling myself an anime nerd.

some other things that got me in to anime were Kissxsis as well (more notable to my ecchi habit), watched it while I use to program games. also notable for me picking up manga too.