Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Phi., Apr 12, 2013.

1. Kagehiko Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just started playing Hearthstone and started replaying Dead Rising 3

2. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Kagehiko add me on that there game name is Wampa #1260
    Been playing hearthstone mostly with some sly cooper thieves in time while waiting for friday and the long awaited release of Bravely Default

3. Kagehiko Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  4. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing Dark Souls and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record off and on for a while. Planing on starting up Metal Gear Rising soon and I might return to Rose Guns Days.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Back on Dragon Nest.

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So, I've always had a grudge against World of Warcraft. Being a fan of the original Warcraft games, I really didn't like the direction that the series took after Warcraft 3 and WoW was announced. I also have great contempt for the subscription model that it and other MMOs use, in addition to just hating being forced to play a game with other people (I'm more of a single player person), I am of the belief that once I buy something it is mine and I shouldn't have to pay to keep using it.

I've tried many times, over the years, to get into WoW. None of these attempts were successful. My wife once asked my why it is I'm trying to get into WoW, if I don't like it. The answer I had was that I love Warcraft and no matter how much I would like otherwise, there isn't going to be a Warcraft 4. All I have is WoW. It's like if your favorite baker made the most delicious pies in the world but one day decided that he was only going to make key lime pie from then on. You don't like key lime, but you enjoy his pies so much that you eat it anyway just to take what you can get. Granted that simile isn't spot on, but you get the idea.

Anyway, 5 days ago I began my most recent attempt at trying WoW. I got the Mists of Pandaria 10 day trial and created a Worgen character. And, strangely, I'm really enjoying it. I like the Worgen starting area much more than any other I've tried and I like the story driven quests. So far, I really like the game now as opposed to pre-Cataclsym.

I honestly, couldn't name too many key differences in the experience, as I don't really recall my other attempts to get into the game very well. But, the starting area seemed more focused to me, I've noticed more story driven quests, cut-scenes in the starting area, and less farming and fetch quests. I could be wrong, however, and maybe the game isn't all that different and I'm just enjoying it more now than I have in the past. Either way, I've started playing now and, as much as I hate to do so, am considering buying game time.

7. JustAdmin Root

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Playing gw2 right now and really enjoying it but it's a bit unrewarding. All the shinies don't really mean anything because a lot of them are either purchased on their shop or through the trade post. I miss the games where I 1. didn't have to team up with people to get things 2.when you got an item through your own hard work it means something like when you see someone with something shiney you know they worked for it. 3. Crafting something was like being a mad proffessor, Star wars galaxies had a really great system of creating items and selling them in your own shop which other players visited, shame the game died because the idiots running the show didn't have a clue.

Still looking for the ultimate game, don't think it will ever happen so I will stick to GW2 for now.

8. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bravely Default finally launched here so been playing that. Also been building up my team and shiny hunting in pokemon y while waiting to borrow Valkyria Chronicles from a friend... i will eventually play this game

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Still haven't played a Valkyria game. Always wanted to but always some other game grabs my attention first.

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Still haven’t played a Valkyria game. Always wanted to but always some other game grabs my attention first.

Same here.  Might be getting a PS3 soon, so I'm hoping to try Valkyria Chronicles.

11. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Currently playing an online game called Kings and Legends.

12. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Doomguy wrote:
    Still haven’t played a Valkyria game. Always wanted to but always some other game grabs my attention first.
    Same here. Might be getting a PS3 soon, so I’m hoping to try Valkyria Chronicles.

Awesome game I just finished. Too bad i lack a psp for 2 and 3.

Now firing up Tales of Symphonia Chronicles in its remastered awesomeness.

13. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally got that valkyria chronicles and been playing it quite a bit. it is pretty good so far. @ShadowLinks how is that tales game was considering picking it up but dont know much about tales games.

14. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    @Wampa the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is a really good one to get if you are starting to get into the Tales RPGs. Me and my friends all put in over 100 hours each on the first game on gamecube. Now that im older, some parts do seem to be a bit childish and cliche, but its still an amazing game.

15. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Never played a Tales game @wampa? There're really good. Some people like to point out the "flaw" that the storylines and presentation is anime-like. Well that's okay in my book. I started with Tales of the Abyss and played the gamecube one also. Didn't like Vesparia as much though, combat felt "weird" to me, I can't really explain it.

Blasted Namco didn't port Graces F to the Wii. That just makes me sad (and my wallet too, expecting me to shell cash for an old system jeez)

16. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    I'll admit that Vesperia's combat felt a little "sluggish" although that's up to interpretation based on the character you prefer to fight with. I thought Graces F was weirder.

Symphonia Chronicles is pretty nice right now. First thing to note is that its not ported from the GC version but the JP PS2 version so framerates suffered a bit (but not really noticeable unless you are looking to criticize something) . Other than certain graphics being cleared up, the addition of a few skits, costumes, Japanese voice track, and extra monsters not much else has changed. A nice way to bring Symphonia to a larger audience, but maybe not worth buying it again, unless like me you do it to support the series so maybe they'll bring more over.

17. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Symphonia Chronicles

Ah yes one great JRPG and a.... not so great JRPG along with it. Not gonna lie, I absolutely love Tales of Symphonia, it was the game that got me into RPGs let alone video games but I absolutely loathed Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Gimmicky sorcerer's ring, whiny as hell MC not the mention how Emile and Richter's relationship was MORE homo-erotic then Yuri and Flynn's in Tales of Vesperia and the story just sucked. The game play was a very watered down version of Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology and it had a stupid elemental system and monster system that's nothing at all like Pokemon or anything. The music was hit and miss and the worst part was that the original cast from ToS were playable but don't level up forcing you to use the monsters. Oh and the English voice acting sucks. Also Mystic Artes can't kill you in this game for some odd reason. The only good thing were the skits IMO and that's about it.

Oh yeah current game I'm playing. I've been re-playing Metal Gear Rising and started playing the first Max Payne game.

18. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    @Wampa the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is a really good one to get if you are starting to get into the Tales RPGs. Me and my friends all put in over 100 hours each on the first game on gamecube. Now that im older, some parts do seem to be a bit childish and cliche, but its still an amazing game.

Sorry for the double post. Yeah my brother and I played that game all the time when we were younger. It's one of the reasons why it's my favorite game of all time. My brother and I would wake up and we couldn't wait to here what happened to Lloyd and his group next. He was always either Geneis or Zelos while I was Lloyd (which is not only my Dad's name but my middle name). I've played through it again and I agree with you about the game feeling childish and cliche but I still love the game for the memories attached to it.

19. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    We need to make a new topic before we nostalgiagasm all over this thread.

Playing now:
    • ToS Chronicles
    • Saints row 2
    • Assassins creed liberation HD
    • Brutal Legend
    • The Last of Us
    • Metal Gear Solid

20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Playing Pandoras Tower. Think I'm going to like this game. Not using any guides or anything, seems to be a lot of items to pick up. I assume I get a gameover if the tranformation gauge runs out? Gonna have to test that after a save at some point.