Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Phi., Apr 12, 2013.

1. --The-Rose-- Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  2. Azraled Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
  3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Really getting a good game on "Crusader Kings 2". Europe blew up into several different kingdoms and somehow for the first time I have ever seen, the Byzantine Empire got wiped out by Pagans. It doesn't even exist anymore, I wish I knew exactly what happened to it.

My brother is having a go at Final Fantasy 12. I don't know what possessed him to play it. We're just laughing at how completely useless Vaan is to the storyline. I also find it strange that I actually really understand everything the empire is doing. Under most normal circumstances someone like Ashe would have accepted becoming a "puppet" to the empire. They even promised to give her back her throne. Fair deal if you ask me, you just got conquered for that throne.

Moot point anyway, that son of the emperor got all power hungry. Guess the story needed some kind of catalyst to prevent the obvious solution to the conflict from occurring.

4. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Been playing Darkest Dungeon. It's really good so far, but it's really depressing. It gives me this feeling that no matter what I do, my team is going to die a hopeless, meaningless death. I've gone on three quests so far. Someone has died in two of them and I had to quit one of them due to not being able to complete a simple task of exploring 90% of the dungeon. The gameplay is simple and there is a lot of strategy involved. It doesn't feel like an early access game either, which is great, and despite being such a small game is easily worth the 20 bucks. If you like rougelikes and RPGs, you'll probably like this a lot.

Also started playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 or whatever the full f***ing name is. I like the game itself. The story and writing are shit though, along with the English voice acting. I could turn off the voice acting or put it in Japanese, but it doesn't have subtitles for the pre-rendered cutscenes and battle dialogue so even though I hate the story, I want to be able to understand what they are saying, even if it is just stuff like "take this!" and whatnot. There are also a lot of 4th wall breaking moments and references to other games and anime and such which isn't bad.... in moderation at least. The game does this about every 5 seconds to the point of it being annoying. I get that the game is kind of a love letter to video games and entertainment as a whole, but I get it. I know that Mario and Gurren Lagenn exist and what they are so stop telling me already. At least the game is fun and while I don't like ecchi too much, I like the character design and there is way, way worse fan service out there. Also if there is a way to make the character portraits static images, please for the love of all things holy, let me know. It's f***ing creepy seeing static images BREATHING, or trying to emulate what breathing looks like. Could be as bad as Agarest Zero's I guess, but it's still unsettling.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    finished torchlight last night and i wanted more hence i continued with torchlight II. now it really feels like im playing diablo II again.

6. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Don't we all get that feeling? ;)

Have you ever tried the Median XL mod for Diablo II? Gives the game a fresh coat of paint

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    nope havent tried. i havent even finished playing diablo II xD

8. nate Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i've not long started playing destiny but i'm kinda stuck XD only level 11 and i'm getting tanked by level 13's i guess i suck XD

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well it could be really hard if you haven't gotten through the base game at least once. Apparently the game developers even know of the mod and think it rocks.

I hear the game doesn't really start until you hit the level cap.

10. nate Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh thanks ill keep that in mind and if you want i can join when i'm next on i'm on xbox 360 though and my gamertag is unknownangel96 if that helps

11. Cman131 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I kinda stalled playing Destiny for Dragon age, but does the story ramp up when you hit the cap too?
    Right now it's sort of vague and simple

Oh and I'm on 360 as well under cman131

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I don't actually have Destiny, it was my nephew who would always play it at my house. Don't know anything about a storyline either. I just know you get all the good stuff late in the game.

So after being fed up at the computer cheating me in my "empire" building games, I decided to go back to an old classic of mine. Civilization III. It runs a million times faster then CivIV and let's not even discuss Civ5 because that would make my computer melt.
    Of course the computer cheats in this one too :/

13. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I have been playing The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D it has been a long time since the last time I played the game.

14. Cman131 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Same! I just got it and started it yesterday. It looks pretty awesome compared to the original yet still the same

15. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Still going through my FF7 playthrough (check it out ;))

Almost unbelievably I'm playing Metroid Prime 2 AGAIN. I think I must have said that several times already on this thread. If they ever make a Metroid game in this style then...
    [​IMG]

16. PureEbil Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Hello everybody! So I was gonna do a thread but I've never really made one before and Idk if anyone is interested in ff14. I've decided just do a semi quick introduction into my character and her story.
    I'd like to introduce Akatsuki Shirayuki.
    She was inspired by Akatsuki and Mizore Shirayuki and of course everyone's love for cat girls nyaa. She is a Master Ninja/Monk in training with a love for martial combat. Her dream is to live her days punching the enemies of Eorzea, spending time with her fellow Free Company members, and to never have to touch another slimy toad again!

She is proud member of the Shinra Empire free company! She has worked tirelessly to master the arts of Seeking out the lost relic of the legendary monks of old. She is also continuing to help the people of Eorzea stop the primal threat. She is always willing to help a fellow adventurer in need. She does regular dungeon delving, seeking out glory treasure and to hone her mastery of the fist. She doesn't talk very much but she is enthusiastic and expresses herself very well.

She is a Miqo'te keeper of the sun and answers to the diety Oschon The Wanderer. This explains her deep love of exploration, adventure, and traveling. She has a childish like nature and joy for these things and goes on these travels with her trusty companion chocobo Cabbage.
    We are off now again to go exploring the far reaches of Eorzea and eagerly await for the expansions to Eorzea coming soon this spring. Thank you all for your time I hope you enjoyed getting to know Akatsuki

17. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when it came out while i was gone and have been playing that. If you haven't played monster hunter think of a huge world where you fight monsters ranging in size from you average house cat, to the size of your average battleship. Those familiar with the game know that each are pretty much the same hunt larger and larger monsters and become a world class hunter. Its pretty fun and I'm have a blast since the last Monster hunter game I played was Unite back in the psp days. If anyone wants to hunter or play let me know and we can join in the hunt!

18. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Iv been trying to hyper dimension neptunia reburth 1 on PC but it wont lauch :(

19. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Try running it in compatibility view. That's what I had to do because it would crash after the first encounter.

As for me I found a torrent for a fanmade Silent Hill pack called Silent Hill Nightmare Edition. Has Silent Hill 1-5 (5 being Homecoming) so I'm getting to play SH2 for the first "real" time. I say "real" because I had the HD Collection for 360 and it was.... awful. You could not see anything at all because they changed the textures. You could raise the brightness but that did nothing. I loved the first Silent Hill game and I'm really liking the second one. It's creepier and more psychological. Can't wait to play 3 and 4. Homecoming.... yeah. I've played a bit of Homecoming and I'm not looking forward to it.

Other then that I played Advanced Warfare on my friends PS4 and I loved it. I'm nit a CoD fan but Advanced Warfare was different. It wasn't the same game. Also played Dynasty Warriors 8. Can't say much about it though because I kept falling asleep while playing it (I didn't sleep at all the night before).

20. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I haven't played a single Silent Hill game but it's one of those "Got to play before I quit video games" kind of deal. I'll get around to them. Eventually.

I love my Dynasty Warriors. Yeah it's repetitive but It's fun for me.