Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What game do you hate the most/regret buying?

Discussion in 'Video Game News' started by Heizengard, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Behemith Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Everything I have bought for the Xbone (even the shithouse console itself)...Why the hell did I even bother with Titanfall, Battlefield 4 and Forza 5...

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Edit: oops this came out as a rant. Oh well ;)

On the topic of new consoles I still haven't found a reason to move up. Kind of wanted a Wii U for the sole purpose of Xenoblade 2 but...

200-300$ console for one game? Only if it was Xenogears then maybe.

Anyway upon further reflection of my worst purchase I realized that Metroid Other M was the one that really set me back a buck. (FFXIII was on sale).

Really didn't like Other M. It felt so backwards compared to its genre redesign predecessor the Prime Trilogy. I understand a want to make a sidescroller like the classics to please purists but this game is inferior. There is a reason Super Mario and Zelda went 3D and never looked back (barring handhelds)

Story was like reading a bad fan flick. Constant voice dialogue only served to drive home the point that the game was dictating the story instead of me figuring out myself.

All that jabbering did no good when it came to those pixel hunting minigames though. It was finally in those moments the game shutup and let me figure out the lay of the land.

Maybe the game should have kept talking because that was the most stupidest thing I have ever done in a game. Not only was it frustrating to point the remote at a nigh impossible to see spot on the screen, it killed my pride as a gamer forcing me to go and find a guide to flatout tell me what to look for (even knowing was hard, ouch).

Pixel hunting aside (admittedly a minor issue) I was just massively disappointed with the game. It's that feel of trading your ultra luxury sports car for a Honda. Does it work?Yeah. Is it an upgrade? Lol no.

3. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I would also have to say Tungunska is another game I regret buying as it doesn't even work! It just pauses every time I take a step forward. Literally, the game actually brings up the pause screen and I have to keep pressing start to unpause it every time! I've checked online and some other people have also had this problem with the game!! Must have been a factory default or something!

4. Behemith Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I bought the Xbone for three games: Forza 5, Titanfall and Destiny. Forza 5 was worse than Forza 4 in every way but graphics. It had, less cars, less tracks and the campaign was even more repetitive. Tatanfall was fun but only until I got to level 50. Once you hit max level there's nothing to do. You can prestige but there's no point. There are no gun challenges, no camo or anything of the sort. I noticed when I hopped on recently that they have updated it so now you can unlock insignia for your mech but that's it. Plus after playing the Destiny beta I decided it wasn't worth the $100 or so it costs. I will get it but when it is much cheaper.

I'd say you've done the right thing by not buying a new console yet.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Not a Forza or any other kind of car game guy. I do love playing the Burnout games though! So arcade like and a blast in splitscreen multiplayer.
    I may be leaning on a PS4 but only to get access to the Playstation store. Would not mind paying for old ps3 games if I had a chance to play them.

First thing first, I need a new computer. Then I think consoles.

6. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Battlefield 3. Holy crap...Battlefield 3. The campaign was so abysmal that I didn't even want to finish the first mission. The multiplayer...I'll never know, because my code didn't work straight out of the box. Let me restate that. The online code that came straight out of a brand-new copy, did not work. Luckily, I only lost ten bucks on the whole deal. Amazon had a promotion going on which gave me twenty dollars in credit, and I traded BF3 in to Gamestop while they were having a promotion so I got thirty dollars store credit towards another game. Still...the game was so bad, it makes me miss that ten bucks.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Any Romance of the Three Kingdoms games.

8. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I got battlefield 3 for free on some deal a while back. Didn't like it much and I sucked.
    Back to BF2 and Counter Strike Source.

9. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I... I want to like Killer is Dead so much, but I hate everything about it. I love Suda 51's games, but this doesn't feel like him at all. The game feels lifeless, the acting is monotone, the setting is dull, the graphics make it hard to make anything out and the story feels like it's trying to be something smart and artsy, but it fails at it in every way it can. I looked forward to this game and even spent 40 bucks on the release edition (free DLC, art book and soundtrack) and hated it. Went to trade it in about three days later (bought it new because I believed I was gonna love it) and the price went down from 40 to 20 and they would only give me 4 bucks for it so I kept it. I have no idea how my brother managed to beat it, and for some reason I'm trying to beat it now as well. Hell, maybe I'll review it. Get something out of it anyway.

10. TheManWithoutAPlan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I bought the limited edition of Alien: Colonial Marines. That hurt me pretty bad. >_>

11. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    You win.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shogun13 Lord of the Dance

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

13. Dungeon Master Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Sorry to hear that, bro.

14. Sammy Madison Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bought "Tales" of Symphonia Chronicles so... Its all in one game... (ps3)

15. dedseed1 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Fallout new Vegas. Abysmal game..

16. Dirtie00 El Psy Kongroo

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Game of throws... I mean League of Legends

17. The7thSeal Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    As of right now, my most hated game is Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z. I went into to it thinking 'A Ninja Gaiden game! Combat's gonna be sweet!'
    It's not. It's really not. It doesn't feel as fluid as NG2 or 3 (yes, 3). Your combos, until you use an upgrade point from leveling (why that mechanic is there I will never know) you can only start combos with a certain button (because you get three weapons/attack types bound to a button each). You also have a counter system, like in the older ones, but unlike the older ones, there's a prompt. The issue is that the prompt is a faint white ring over the enemy's head, in a cell shaded world, in a vision obscuring mob of enemies, that exists for a nanosecond.
    Then there's the 'special' enemy types. They each have there own gimmick, there own weaknesses. The problem is when the game throws combinations of these enemies at you that compliment each other perfectly. One fight I was facing two really powerful melee enemies, a giant tanky artillery guy that hits like a truck up close or at range, and two extremely mobile ranged enemies that spew damaging ooze everywhere that blinds you. I know NG2 was hard, but at least that felt more like the game was telling me to get good. This just felt like the game had decided I didn't need to see the rest of the game. Ever.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Fucking Watch Dogs, when I finished it I was disappointed. Tempted to trade it in and get Mortal Kombat X.

19. Railgun Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    WHAA? I respect your opinion but that was a really solid rpg. I must know what you hate it.

Wouldn't the trade in value of watch dogs be like, 2 dollars by now? haha...
    I liked that game though. It was interesting.

I regret buying xbox one on release day, and titanfall on release day.
    Also Lunar Silver Star Harmony for psp. I played like 2 hours then never played it again.

I must say, there are very few games that really hold the $60 full retail release value these days. You're setting yourself up for a regretful purchase if you pay that much imo. That's hoping they even work properly on relase day *glares at master chief collection*.

20. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    The Only Reason I'm Getting a Wii U is for X (the next in the Xeno saga) have it all preordered and everthing.

Anyway I have a very few games I regret buying, more regret trading them in but one i do hate are MS Flight Sim X, Stardrive, Iron Clads. and Evolve an old 360 game.