Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Okay so I'm bored of looking for new series for me to watch and I thought why the hell not just ask the forums, and so that is why I'm necro posting this thread.

What do I feel like watching, let's go with anything. I'm not asking for a series for me to watch immediately but for something that could be fun a bit in the future. The more farfetched the better, and please no completely generic titles such as FMA or GITS, I'll get to them when I get to them.
    Strict romance is off limits as well, because remember my hatred for that genre, so if anyone even utters that 7 letter shit that starts with a C you are dead to me.
    I want zany, experimental, confusing and just plain weird suggestions. If I haven't heard of the show then that is even better. As always my list is in my sig.

Let's bring some people here to help with this, I'm not really too sure who to think about asking though...
    @Metazoxan @VeritasOdiumParit @Noobs @Batosai

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'll recommend more later when I have time but have you tried Yakitate!! Japan ?

I haven't watched it myself but it seems zany, experimental, confusing and just plain weird based on images and clips I've seen.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
  4. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I would say an impressive list. But, then I know 80% of what you watch is like 1 minute YouTube video clips and music videos that shouldn't count :p I would recommend something 'out of the ordinary'. But, everything like that you seem to give a low rating. Otherwise, I would have recommended watching Kaiba or Boogiepop Phantom.

I guess I could recommend Terra e... or Shigofumi. Maybe Welcome to the N.H.K.? OR .hack//SIGN failing that, Haibane Renmei. Hope this helps @Supernatural-Knight (and yes, I did check against your MAL to recommend something you haven't seen).

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I would say "hey" but you aren't exactly incorrect, although I've only got 217 pieces of music on my list of 1732 completed so it is more like 12%. I have got a total watch time of 178 days after all.
    This is exactly why I tagged you, I know you've watched some interesting stuff so I wanted to see the weirdest of the weird recommendations possible as well.
    If you can believe it, I am actually interested in watching both of those so they aren't the worst recommendations I've ever been given.

Are you in my head? That was one of two possible choices I was thinking about watching next. That's it I'm going to start walking around with an aluminium hat from now on.

I completely forgot about this series, I've read the bio for it a long time ago. I think it might be a bit too shounen for me to watch while catching up on Naruto so I'm thinking this is out for at least the next 2 months. I won't forget it this time though.

I've always wanted to try these 3 but never knew anyone that has rated them high enough for me to trust them. Which one did you enjoy the most?
    Believe it or not this is the only option I've not heard of before, it sounds interesting.

I'll consider all of these but first keep the suggestions coming.

6. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I highly recommend watching Kaiba out of everything I recommended!! Out of the 3 I think you will enjoy Welcome to the N.H.K. the most as it is more 'up your street'. For me, I enjoyed Haibane Renmei most, because of the ending, and the way it is left open to interpretation :p Shigofumi was also good, and another I think you will enjoy!!

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    What? That's crazy. Your crazy. I'm not reading your mind or anything......BTW you'll need more aluminium than that and a little bit of lead if you want the hat to work.
    Yeah it's pretty much standard Shonen. It's a nice series and I enjoyed watching it but for a shonen it's not really a must watch and more of a "you should check this out sometime". Because it does have some fun moments. My main problem with this series is the MC is the only real fighter of his team. A couple others can hold their own but the last one is almost completely useless. But again it's worth watching if you have time to kill.

8. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
  9. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
  10. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Kaiba huh, I may just take you up on that since I just finished Tsuritama and would have to look for something else to watch anyway. It is short enough to be watched in a few days, experimental and pretty weird considering some of the clubs that are linked to it on MAL. This will also tell me how much I can trust your recommendations, if it is good I'll probably follow yours slightly more often but if not oh well.

So it is a normal generic shounen title then, basically filled with Sakuras, I think I'll ignore this series for now because 1 Sakura is more than enough [even though Naruto has a few characters that fall into the useless damsel category].

I can enjoy an anime from the past, but yeah finding them is a real bitch some of the times. Without me downloading I'm afraid series like these might be impossible to watch so it is out unfortunately.

@Natsu-Dragneel wow those are some pretty well known series you recommended me there, not quite what I was after when I wanted recommendations. Although I have seen the Ninja Scroll movie, it was good.

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'd say more like the cast of bleach except their powers aren't nearly as cool. In otherwords they all win battles occasionally but the MC is still by far clearly the better fighter.

12. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    God if that is true for the Law of Ueki then it might be better if I ignore it. Bleach I am rating a 6 currently after having watched 229 episodes of it. Honestly I don't like very many of the main cast so this could be an issue if they are even worse in Ueki.
    Ah well whatever, I'll still keep it in mind.

Anyone else have any other shows they think I wouldn't know about?

13. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    havent watched bleach so i cant compare. its interesting the very least. the thing to be traded in that series is talent. you earn/loss a talent every fight.

14. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    CLANNAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, i had to.

Now serious, i'd recommend Planetes, as if you didn't expect it :p And also One Outs. Sports, but different than you've seen before. Focusses on the psychological aspect of baseball and it's very seinen-like with a really cool main character.

15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    My response: [​IMG] (Yes, I am actually a grey squirrel)

I didn't pick up on this until now. Terra E is amazing!! I loved it all the way through!! The only thing that stops me from giving it a 9 or 10 was the ending after the credits... But, I highly recommend watching it!!

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Bye Bato, you will be missed....

Only thing about Bleach is that I disliked the main cast, so hopefully Ueki will have more likeable characters despite them being weaker. I won't write the series off but I don't really consider it high priority as long as I'm watching Naruto.

I knew it.
    Well damn, amazing is a bloody strong word to use and you're using it to describe something you only rated an 8? Hmm I might see how I go with Kaiba before watching something double the length that you also rated the same. The only thing that could persuade me is which one of these two series did you like more?

Now back to yours, you didn't think I'd really ignore your suggestions did you? I had to at least kind of go through with my threat. I keep forgetting that I want to watch Planetes, I think I want something more different due to the general feeling overall not where it is set. And I always get recommended One Outs by MALgraph, maybe I should consider watching it sooner.

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I prefer Kaiba tbh. Only because of how Terra E ends if you watch the bit after the credits on the last episode...

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    ^that small part must be really terrible since it had such a huge impact on you.

@Supernatural-Knight , i had it coming, don't worry xD Based on what exactly do you get One Outs recommended? Your complete list or just a couple of specific series? I had trouble watching it at first myself untill i started understanding baseball more.

19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Okay I need to get back into some viewing habits.

Does anyone want to give me a pitch for Robotic Note (or whatever it's name). I did highly enjoy both Stiens Gate and Chaos Head. I never make the mistake of comparing two animes so don't worry there.

Aside from that I'm also looking for an anime that has an excellent soundtrack. This is highly subjective but if there are any anime that has a great soundtrack or maybe just a great theme music some thoughts would be welcomed.

Give me a moment to update my MAL list

20. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Yeah here's my pitch for Robotics;Notes: It's shit. I can't even be bothered to finish it; honestly it's just so boring. It starts out decently enough for the first 4 episodes, but then it progressively grows more boring as the plot meanders around and doesn't accomplish anything of substance. The characters come off as really try-hard at attempting to capture the same quirkiness of Steins;Gate, but they just don't have the same chemistry as S;G's characters. If it weren't for the fact that this is tied to the same universe as Steins;Gate, I wouldn't still be contemplating on whether to give it a second chance.