Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Damn, you gave genres you've seen not genres you prefer @Shanarox, going from what I've seen you seem to like a combination of romance and action the most. Two options you may like could be the Familiar of Zero and Baka to Test. Both are somewhat action based with some sort of romance mixed in, also a mix of comedy as well.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/1195/Zero_no_Tsukaima
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6347/Baka_to_Test_to_Shoukanjuu
    There are no guarantees that you will like them because of how little info you provided about your favourites but these are probably my top picks.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Familiar of Zero isn't really action heavy though except for a few good points. I'll also suggest a few

@Shanarox

If you liked SAO you could try Accel World. They aren't really similar in terms of tone or genera but they are both from the same author and it's even hinted that Accel World takes place in SAO's future.

Log Horizon has the "Trapped in a virtual world" setting but it pulls it off much better IMO. It doesn't have a dub though so you'd have to settle for subs. But it's quite good so I highly recommend it.

3. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    @Shanarox Why you no have MAL? Make's it easier for recommendations haha. I'm not sure what you have seen or not D:

4. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    or AP. AnimePlanet went through a massive upgrade recently and it looks pretty good now. unlike MAL which looks the same as it did years ago. Sites need to upgrade once in a while.

5. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I keep my list of watched /finished anime on a piece of paper.

6. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It would be a real shame if that paper just disappeared one day >:3

7. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I hope you keep your hentai on a separate list that you keep hidden under the false bottom of your desk drawer. or else it might lead to an awkward situation.

8. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    OH HELL NO!!! not into Ecchi and definitely despise the forbidden "H"

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    suuuuuure
    [​IMG]

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Alright then, lemme list a few action/adventure genre anime, dunno which you watched or not and two are sub only:
    Toriko
    One Piece
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Fate/stay night
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
    Fairy Tail
    Hellsing
    Iron Man
    Wolverine
    X-Men
    Blade
    Trinity Blood
    Attack on Titan
    Blue Exorcist
    Devil May Cry
    Bleach
    Beelzebub
    C
    Afro Samurai
    Berserk
    Black Cat
    Black Lagoon
    Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    Steins;Gate
    Code Geass
    Gurren Lagann
    Darker Than Black
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Deadman Wonderland
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Black Butler
    Ninja Scroll
    Jing: King of Bandits
    Outlaw Star
    Sengoku Basara
    Slayers
    Soul Eater
    Tiger & Bunny
    Trigun
    Wolf's Rain
    Zetman
    Pretty Cure

11. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

I know you didn't ask for something yourself but if you liked those maybe try Kenichi the mighties disciple ?

12. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but I already watched the anime about a 2 years ago and also that list that I posted, was a recommendation list for @Shanarox, thought I'm currently watching an anime series

13. Commander Theriot Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I loved chaos;head, steins;gate, and robotics;notes. Is there another series that goes with these yet?

14. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Those three all share something in common. Unfortunately from everything I seen nothing really compares to that style. Even when I look at the recommendation list on MAL nothing particularity sticks out that seem smiler (though there are some good choices there)

As my avatar no doubt shows I really like the paranoid character from Chaos Head but good luck finding anyone who can hold a candle to that guy. Not a lot of anime try to go with the time traveling storytelling in Steins Gate either. I haven't seen Robotic Notes yet.

15. Commander Theriot Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know they're all connected but not (if that makes sense) I just wanted to know if they done another one yet. I highly recommend robotics; notes. I started watching it and couldn't stop.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I need a little help here, my plan to watch list is low and I watched a lot of good and epic anime, I'm planning to add a few anime so, are these worth watching:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
    Brynhildr in the Darkness
    Ladies vs Butlers
    Suisei no Gargantia
    Hayate the Combat Butler
    Gintama
    Kuroko's Basketball
    Sabagebu!
    Air Gear
    AKB0048
    Campione!
    Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Mayuu Hiken-cho
    Recently, My Sister is Unusual
    Walkure Romanze
    Kenzen Robo Daimidaler

Some are not even my tastes but, tell me if they're worth watching, just so that my mind can be ready for anything

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Gintama is a strange series in a way. It's not bad but it is so nonsensical and gag heavy. So if you don't enjoy the jokes you won't like the show much which is why people seem to be pretty well split between liking and hating this show. Although I will say that when this show decides to take itself seriously and do a serious arc it becomes incredibly awesome.

Air Gear-The humor is very crude at times which I am not a fan of but overall it's at least definitely worth watching.

Hayate the Combat Butler-This is a very reference heavy comedy anime. So if you'd seen a lot of anime then you'll enjoy this anime more than someone who hasn't. It can still be funny at times but again your enjoyment of this series depends on your sense of humor. If you don't find the show funny there won't be much else there.

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler-This is sort of a stupid fun series. I liked it but not for it's plot. I liked it because it was just so purposefully stupid I couldn't help but laugh at it a little. Myone complaint is they replace the MC for a while and I didn't like the new one.

Campione!-Meh.....if you really like harem anime then check it out I guess. Otherwise this show has NOTHING new to offer you. It's pretty generic.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Man if @Natsu-Dragneel don't know if Gintama is worth watching then I don't know what to think about his taste in anime. Gintama was 100% worth the watch, hilarious, bad arse, crude and random. What more is there you could possibly want? Not to mention the references it makes are plentiful.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And it also knows that it is an anime with its own source material
    [​IMG]
    In case it isn't obvious enough from this, yes it has become one of my favourite series, I have it listed in my top 5 on MAL.

Kuroko no Basket was also pretty damn good, I don't even like sports yet the matches in this show are filled with shounen awesomeness that makes people like them regardless. It is getting a third season sometime possibly next year too.

Suisei no Gargantia is a different kind of mech show, it isn't all action so it isn't everyones kind of series. I really enjoyed it even though I'm mostly over mech series now.

Hanasaku Iroha is a pretty good slice of life about a bathhouse, and the ecchi is minimal. I really enjoyed it for unknown reasons, I gave it a 9 so that must stand for something. It is also animated beautifully so that helps.

19. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Alright then it's official: I'll add most of these anime to my list, thanks guys

20. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Oh BTW one thing I forgot to mention about Campione!. The one thing I found interesting about it was how much it draws from greek mythos. and I don't just mean the common stuff that is in ever story like all the different Hercules movies. They mention the actual legends in how they were really told not sugar coating them.

Overall it's still a pretty Generic harem series but that one point is really worth mentioning.