Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Metazoxan wrote:
    bedheadred wrote:
    Metazoxan wrote:
    Okay I just finished Allison and Lillia and before that was Valkyria Chronicles. I looked on Mal for recomendations and Last Exile and Nadia: Secret of Blue Water seems like they might make good follow ups has anyone seen either of these? Nadia is a bit of an older series. For those that know my tastes would you suggest either of these? For those that don’t know I’ll keep it simply and say I don’t really like dark or tragic plots. So if these two are safe in that regard just tell me whatever else you can.I can’t find your MAL in your profile or sig…Have you seen The Third or Tide-Blue? The Last Exile bored me to tears until I dropped it.I use Mal to look stuff up but I never get around to updating it because I only started using MAL after I have been watching anime for a while and I have a LOT of anime I’d have to add to the list. So what about Last exile did you find boring? I only ask because I’ve been bored with shows other people liked so sometimes it’s just a matter of taste. Also no I haven’t seen either of those. Could you also tell me more about those?Last Exile seemed to have incredibly slow pacing the the characters weren’t interesting.
    The Third is a solid post-apocolyptic adventure with a small cast. The female protagonist was capable and they introduce a unique character. I honestly don’t remember a lot about Tide-Blue (which isn’t a very compelling incentive to watch.) I remember it was an average story without being tragic. It was a light watch but not brainless.
    I see...... well Thanks for the help. If anyone else has an opinion about these 4 then I'd gladly take more feedback.

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan I guess I can argue the opposite for Last Exile. It was slow but I really enjoyed the adventurous spirit of the main character. Also the setting was pretty unique, it reminded me so much of Skies of Arcadia if you ever played it. The plot is simple (though the end was weird), main guy wants to fly his plane to the "edge" of the world following in the footsteps of his father. In the midst of all this is a pirate airship and a war. Speaking of airships...there are lots of them and they are really cool.

This is an adventure anime with some action. I don't remember much humor, I think the anime takes itself pretty serious but overall still manages to feel upbeat. I gave this one a 9/10. I'll look into the others that were mentioned, I been looking for similar anime like this one so thanks for mentioning them.

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan I guess I can argue the opposite for Last Exile. It was slow but I really enjoyed the adventurous spirit of the main character. Also the setting was pretty unique, it reminded me so much of Skies of Arcadia if you ever played it. The plot is simple (though the end was weird), main guy wants to fly his plane to the “edge” of the world following in the footsteps of his father. In the midst of all this is a pirate airship and a war. Speaking of airships…there are lots of them and they are really cool.

This is an adventure anime with some action. I don’t remember much humor, I think the anime takes itself pretty serious but overall still manages to feel upbeat. I gave this one a 9/10. I’ll look into the others that were mentioned, I been looking for similar anime like this one so thanks for mentioning them.

No problem and thanks for the alternate opinion. No one person has the same tastes so when looking for opinions on something it's good to have more than one persons. If multiple people agree that something is bad then it probably is bad. If opinion varies then either pick a person who's opinion you value more or just check it out and see for yourself while keeping that the other people said in mind.

Between you and red I can guess that this is a hit or a miss series. It's slow paced and mostly character driven. So if the characters don't strike you as interesting or their world doesn't suck you in there is no high paced action to distract you.

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    (Revives month long popular thread)

Ironically I'm looking for an anime similar to the above lol. Something with airships or planes would be nice. @Metazoxan if you found anything else similar to Allison & Lillia then please let me know. Now I know where I got the urge to watch that one the other day, it was from here.

5. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have to admit, I cannot think of what to watch next. I have a huge list of anime on MAL (Link in the signature below). But, I'm not sure of what to watch next. Fate/Zero didn't really engage me very much. So I'm wondering what to watch next. Preferably a series where the first or every episode isn't 42 minutes long. It's a bit too much and I don't have the time to sit through lengthy programmes anymore.

Try and sell an anime on the list that you really like and encourage me to watch it.

6. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Sword Art Online
    Toradora
    Black Rock Shooter (TV series, OVA is optional)
    Sankarea
    Eden of the East (has two films at the end)
    Heaven's Memo Pad (You have it on hold, finish it as it's the only NEET thing to do)

7. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I have it on DVD because I thought buying it was the only NEET thing to do!

I have seen Eden of the East. But, not the films. I have been told they are not very good.

I didn't like Toradora very much. As for the others. I may check them out.

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh how did this happen? I no longer watch anime that I've already seen before and that INCLUDES watching an anime that was redone so it's nothing but a recap, yet, here I am, SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING/ABOUT TOO watch such an anime. Needless to say, I NEED anime recommendations and good ones! >_> Normally I'm not to picky however, I have to insist, absolutely NO recommendations for slice of life anime, school anime (As in takes place in a school mostly or half the time) and PLEASE I need it to have some good ACTION in it! Oh and they have to be dubbed anime, sub I refuse to watch at this time. lol Why? Because... T^T I've been watching TOO MANY anime that don't have action in them and that are slice of life./school anime and it's finally getting to me. :( Plus dub is easier for me to watch. lol

So please, anyone, list your most epic/awesome anime that you LOVE (As long as it meets what I said above) because sadly, I'm running out of dubbed anime to watch. :(

9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Natsuru, post your MAL or AP so I can sift through what you have already seen. Then I can recommend to you some good anime! :D

10. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @VeritasOdiumParit: I just want to say, arigato. ^-^ I won't say how but thanks to your post I was able to find some dubbed anime that should keep me tied over for a while. So, till I get close to finishing all the anime I found, I won't need any recommendations for now. :) Arigato again for that and for something else too. :)

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    No problem. ^^

Something else? o_O

12. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yup, something else. Tehe I'll tell you when the time comes but that could be a loooong time. lol Till then, my secret. ;)

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    How long is a long time? ={ I don't know if I can wait that long!?

For some reason I have a feeling you have seen Kaiba. o_O

14. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    How long is a long time? ={ I don’t know if I can wait that long!?

For some reason I have a feeling you have seen Kaiba. o_O
    @Veritas Odium Parit A long time, even I'm not sure how long but, all in good time as they say. lol

Only if you mean the one in yu-gi-oh! yet i think you were referring to the following link in which case, noooope!  http://myanimelist.net/anime/3701/Kaiba

Btw, best @ me otherwise I might not get the reply. lol (That's why it took me so long to reply lol)

15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san Ah, I see. When you at @ me, my account name is all one word. It's only the user name that I have spaced out so people can read the words individually.

Yes, I meant THAT Kaiba! He he, but I don't think we are allowed to talk about anime that isn't dubbed on this site.

Also, telll meeee!! It's gonna bug me not knowing what this other thing is!! >_< Also, I think we should move this conversation to PM's rather than in this thread.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san If it's action anime you need, here's a list of good anime that are NOT Slice of Life or School, dunno which ones you watched or not, just ignore the ones that you've already watched:

The following list most of them if not all anime will be of action, comedy, drama, ecchi, violence, maybe a little romance and mecha, watch them at your own discretion

Afro Samurai
    Black Cat
    Black Lagoon
    Blade*
    Blue Exorcist
    Claymore
    Corpse Princess
    Darker Than Black
    Deadman Wonderland
    Devil May Cry
    Eureka Seven
    Freezing
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Gurren Lagann
    Hellsing
    Ikki Tousen
    Iron Man*
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!#
    Kaze no Stigma
    Ninja Scroll
    One Piece
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
    Rave Master
    Sengoku Basara
    Slayers
    Sonic X
    Sword Art Online
    Tiger & Bunny
    Trigun
    Trinity Blood
    Wolverine*
    X-Men*
    Zetman

*Based on the Marvel Comics
    #Start Slice of Life, gets serious later on, sub only

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Veritas Odium Parit: We are allowed to talk about subbed anime. lol I talk about Kämpfer often and THAT'S a subbed anime only.

In due time is all time and me can say for now. Best just forget about it for now. ;)

Actually I was about to suggest that but, I think this is the last of it and if not PM me. lol (Only mentioned here because of the subbed anime convo bit you said lol)

@Natsu: Thanks but I'm good for the time being and you listed some really good ones that I've seen. :)

18. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    -raises hand- I'm in need of a recommendation. Just finished the first season of SAO(waiting for 2nd season to be dubbed)

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm always up for a challenge @Shanarox, but first what do you like to watch? What genres do you prefer, what have you seen? I like knowing these things before recommending any series. I need at least this much info otherwise I can't help with a series that you'll probably enjoy.

20. Shanarox Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well... hmm... genres I've seen are romance, comedy, mystery, action, and slice of life