Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Interesting about Terra and now that you mention it I do recall some talk about some ending. Have no idea what it is though but this sounds like something I would watch. If you want something more serious...

http://myanimelist.net/anime/160/Ima_Soko_ni_Iru_Boku Now I know what you said about the high school kids. This one though throws that upside down on it's head and puts young children in screwed up adult situations. Pretty bleak atmosphere with a main character you can easily sympathize with and a villain that reminds me of Adolf Hitler. It doesn't go overboard though with "forced" images like Elfen Lied or something. More of the "implied" stuff that makes you think "did he just do that!?". This one is a hidden gem, not too many people I know have heard of this one.

Want more? I can go all day on serious anime that doesn't screw around. Or go with Natsu's suggestion which sounds good too if you see the related anime.

2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Well, the ending annoyed me. It didn't annoy anyone else who watched it with me. So maybe I'm just nit picking.

Pretty sure someone linked that to me a few days ago. I may check it out. You can throw more suggestions at me if you want to :p I will begin watching something tomorrow. So you have until then to persuade me to watch something else ^^

3. KalebK Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I just finished Nisemonogatari and the series before it.  I'm looking for a newer anime, Romance or Action, I'm not as fond of them when they are combined, they seem to water down one side for the other when they combine adverse genres.  I'm sorry to make this more difficult, but I'd like something besides the most popular ones that everyone suggests, I've already seen them, and to be honest the less popular ones, or the anime's that do not get dubbed seem to be more enjoyable to me.  Any help is much appreciated as always!

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Hmm, have you watched and of the ef series yet?
    As for action, go watch Ga-Rei: Zero, you won't be disappointed.

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Ga-Rei: Zero, you won’t be disappointed.

I still need to watch this :/

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Sir Maddy wrote:

It's been a month since I started it and I'm only up to episode 8.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    So its not very good or are you just not watching it very fast?

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    It's much better than the manga by a long shot.
    It's good so far, though it has some very conspicuous CG.
    Seriously, watch the first episode and tell me the CG monster does not stand out.
    But yeah, I'm just taking my time with it.

9. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what to watch next on my Plan to Watch list. Here is MAL:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VeritasOdium

I am thinking either watching Tenchi Muyo! or Darker than Black.

10. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @veritasodiumparit I would say Blood+ it has been a favorite of mine for years so I highly recommend it. And Darker Then Black I have seen season 1 so far and I would have to say it's another really good one.

11. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Now I have finished watching Un-Go and dropped Darker than Black for a while. I can't decide what to watch next. Any recommendations? MAL is above ^ Or check my profile for it.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I just finished watching Another. Now I need a new anime to watch. Here is my MAL for an idea of what I like: http://myanimelist.net/profile/VeritasOdium

**Note** I don’t like comedy or romance to be the main theme in my anime. I’m very picky. Also, feel free to add me on there.

Gogogo watch Mardock Scramble, Psycho-Pass, Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne (and Mirai Nikki)

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I can't go back to Mirai Nikki. But, I will add the others to my list as I need to sleep in a minute. So I will not forget them. I will check back here tomorrow if there are more recommendations.

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
  15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Oops, forgot about that thread :p

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Okay I just finished Allison and Lillia and before that was Valkyria Chronicles. I looked on Mal for recomendations and Last Exile and Nadia: Secret of Blue Water seems like they might make good follow ups has anyone seen either of these? Nadia is a bit of an older series. For those that know my tastes would you suggest either of these? For those that don't know I'll keep it simply and say I don't really like dark or tragic plots. So if these two are safe in that regard just tell me whatever else you can.

17. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Okay I just finished Allison and Lillia and before that was Valkyria Chronicles. I looked on Mal for recomendations and Last Exile and Nadia: Secret of Blue Water seems like they might make good follow ups has anyone seen either of these? Nadia is a bit of an older series. For those that know my tastes would you suggest either of these? For those that don’t know I’ll keep it simply and say I don’t really like dark or tragic plots. So if these two are safe in that regard just tell me whatever else you can.

I can't find your MAL in your profile or sig...Have you seen The Third or Tide-Blue? The Last Exile bored me to tears until I dropped it.

18. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Metazoxan wrote:
    Okay I just finished Allison and Lillia and before that was Valkyria Chronicles. I looked on Mal for recomendations and Last Exile and Nadia: Secret of Blue Water seems like they might make good follow ups has anyone seen either of these? Nadia is a bit of an older series. For those that know my tastes would you suggest either of these? For those that don’t know I’ll keep it simply and say I don’t really like dark or tragic plots. So if these two are safe in that regard just tell me whatever else you can.

I can’t find your MAL in your profile or sig…Have you seen The Third or Tide-Blue? The Last Exile bored me to tears until I dropped it.

I use Mal to look stuff up but I never get around to updating it because I only started using MAL after I have been watching anime for a while and I have a LOT of anime I'd have to add to the list. So what about Last exile did you find boring? I only ask because I've been bored with shows other people liked so sometimes it's just a matter of taste. Also no I haven't seen either of those. Could you also tell me more about those?

19. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    bedheadred wrote:

Metazoxan wrote:

I can’t find your MAL in your profile or sig…Have you seen The Third or Tide-Blue? The Last Exile bored me to tears until I dropped it.

I use Mal to look stuff up but I never get around to updating it because I only started using MAL after I have been watching anime for a while and I have a LOT of anime I’d have to add to the list. So what about Last exile did you find boring? I only ask because I’ve been bored with shows other people liked so sometimes it’s just a matter of taste. Also no I haven’t seen either of those. Could you also tell me more about those?

Last Exile seemed to have incredibly slow pacing the the characters weren't interesting.
    The Third is a solid post-apocolyptic adventure with a small cast. The female protagonist was capable and they introduce a unique character. I honestly don't remember a lot about Tide-Blue (which isn't a very compelling incentive to watch.) I remember it was an average story without being tragic. It was a light watch but not brainless.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Sporadic wrote:

Sir Maddy wrote:

It’s been a month since I started it and I’m only up to episode 8.

How can you not finish Ga-Rei in less than 12 days at highest? :|

@Sporadic, i rated it a 10. It's definitely worth checking out.

Now I have finished watching Un-Go and dropped Darker than Black for a while. I can’t decide what to watch next. Any recommendations? MAL is above ^ Or check my profile for it.

How can you stop watching Darker than Black? :|