Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Yunumi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    ^lol [​IMG] Blazer’s avatar is ready for action in case someone doesnt like Mirai Nikki.

And whats wrong with Another? From what i remember evrything was explained and i was satisfied by it.

Yeah I thought the ending was pretty good in both the anime and the manga. I didn't see it coming. I was like

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Bump.

I'm surprised this thread fell off the first page.

3. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I totally forgot about this thread well I am about to finish Baccano! and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun I'm in the mood for a fantasy any one got a good one.

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    So that's what happened to this thread. Could have used this an hour ago (but made up my mind with no regrets)

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Baccano!

Check out Durarara! Same author and studio as Baccano.

6. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    RodRule wrote:
    Baccano!

Check out Durarara! Same author and studio as Baccano.

I am going to wait and watch it at a later time for now I just want a sword and magic type fantasy.

7. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys question: is OniAi worth watching? I'm considering watching the anime

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Ok so Inuyasha the final act. I see two versions, there's Animax dubbed and the official dub one but what I need to know is what is the difference'(s) between the two and how come there's even two versions? (I see them on a certain site I can watch them on) Please no spoilers for the show. I need to watch this anime at some point but I need to know which one is the right one to watch? (Official I'm sure but need to be certain)

@rodrule: I know for magic there is Familiar of Zero but I don't know if it has swords or not.

Hey guys question: is OniAi worth watching? I’m considering watching the anime

NO! I watched two eps and have put it on hold. I honestly don't think even if I give it 1 more ep a chance that it's worth watching. It so far is from what I've seen something that you can easily skip. There are PLENTY of better anime out there. I am very disappointed with that anime. But if I can, I will give it one more chance. Not sure though. Tell ya what though Natsu. If I watch it, however much then I'll let you know if what I said has changed and likewise if you watch it please let me know what you think on it and if I'm right or if it gets any better from the 1st 2 eps. Deal?
    Also, is there any other anime you need recommendations for watching?

9. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san I have seen season 1 of the Familiar of Zero but I am going to wait tell the all of the seasons are dubbed before picking it back up. And all I know about your Q? is that Animax is not that great at dubbing anime but they do have some dubs that others like Funimation don't.

10. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys question: is OniAi worth watching? I’m considering watching the anime

I put it on hold since I was watching other airing anime, but I went in 4-5 episodes, and it is meh. But you should watch it if you have nothing else better to do.

@RodRule
    Good luck, they aren't dubbing The Familiar of Zero anymore due to poor sales.

If you want magic, watch
    Magi:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/14513/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic
    Fairy Tail:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6702/Fairy_Tail
    A Certain Magical Index/Scientific Railgun:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/6213/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun
    Campione!:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/12293/Campione!:_Matsurowanu_Kamigami_to_Kamigoroshi_no_Maou
    Rave Master:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/246/Groove_Adventure_Rave

As muchas I could think of right now.

11. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san

Watch the official dub, they at least tried to bring back all the same VAs from the original, with the exception of the people who voiced Kagome and Sesshomaru (there might be some others im forgetting). The animax dubs are so terrible sound quality wise. And the VAs used are just all around horrible. We had a rule against adding animax dubs on JustDubs because they were so bad.

12. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info everyone, @natsuru-san you've got yourself a deal, one I finish the next few series I'll tell you my opinion

13. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @RodRule Don't bother waiting for a dub. Like Karma said, FUNi dropped the series due to poor sales, however the fourth season has been picked up by Sentai, though it's a subtitled only release.

14. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks for the info @sir-maddy. And someone told me that if I wanted a good yuri to watch you where the person to ask because I have watched most of the sword and magic fantasy anime that everyone was suggesting. So I decided to watch a yuri got any good ones oh and one with good characters and fan service I don't know why I want to watch fan service in a yuri I just don't know. I was going to put a Mr Bean picture here but I am being lazy.

15. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @RodRule If you want a Yuri anime with good characters and fanservice. I'd probably recommend Strawberry Panic.

16. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks Maddy gonna give it a go as soon as I am done with Baccano.

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I have finished watching DRRR!! and I need a new anime to watch. I already have a list of recommendations on my MAL which you can check out here:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VeritasOdium&status=7&order=0

Let me know if you think I should watch something from the list next! Or if you have anything to add to the list let me know. What should I watch next!?

18. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @veritasodiumparit Well, from your list I would Recommend Carnival Phantasm for good amount of comedy, and also The Sacred Blacksmith for some action and a little fan service.

That's what I'm recommending you to watch, try the former first so that you can relax a little

19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @veritasodiumparit mind if I ask how was Terra e? http://myanimelist.net/anime/2158/Terra_e...

I see you gave it a 7. Normally I hear rumors about certain shows but this one leaves me in the dark. Anyway about your list, this one http://myanimelist.net/anime/8086/Densetsu_no_Yuusha_no_Densetsu might be worth a shot if you want a show that combines light comedy and some serious undertones. Might be most similar to Scrapped Princess.

edit: Might as well ask this question. Can anyone tell me if it's worth watching Fate\Zero if I didn't particularly care for the first one? I know the series is highly regarded but the main character in Fate\stay night kind of annoyed me sometimes. This is a prequel though so...

20. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I gave Terra E (Towards the Terra) a 7 for one reason to be honest. I despise the ending. And I don't mean the stuff that happens throughout the whole of the last episode. It is just the end of the last episode, the twist that they throw at you at the end!! Other than that, the series was amazing!! The end was almost good, but then there is that twist... Otherwise it is a very gripping story, very serious, questions morals from time to time, and overall makes sense. Except for the last bit of the ending!! When you have seen it, I will tell you which bit I mean!

Hmm, not sure if I will like Densetsu no Yuusha or not. I'm getting a little tired of the main characters always being high school students. Unless they go completely insane or something.

I have been told that Carnival Phantasm has characters from a couple of animes that I have not seen. So I think I should check out at least Fate/Stay Night at some point. I might check out the Sacred Blacksmith or Sword Art Online.