Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Should I Watch Next?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. MotherJugsSpeed Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    MotherJugsSpeed
    hi every one, im new to the forums but i have been watching on here for a while. im still playing catch up and finding new shows all the time. im about to start hamatora, but im always open to suggestions. i like action, shounen with some comedy sometimes but if any one wants to leave a suggestion on some shows to watch that would cool. if its been on netflix or was a real popular one then i have most likely seen it but i go through periods where i wont watch any anime so when i start back i usually have a good bit to catch up on, so any help is appreciated.

2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Nice to have someone new here.
    Here are some I have seen:
    -DNAngel
    -Kill La Kill
    -Tenchi Muyo: Ryo-Ohki
    -Full Metal Alchemist
    -Full Metal Panic
    -Yu Yu Hakusho

Not sure what you have seen, though I am sure you have seen more than me.

3. MotherJugsSpeed Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hey, and i havent seen DNAngel, Tenchi, or yu yu. i will ccheck them out. i loved full metal alchemist and kill la kill was insane. i was always worried about starting that tenchi because i always like to go in order and didnt wanna watch all the older ones. im watching hamatora right now and its good, almost done with the first season, definitely worth the watch.

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind: The Tenchi series goes by different continuities, so the story is rather...unstable. 3 different ways on how 2 people would meet, for example.
    Yu Yu Hakusho and DNAngel have conclusive endings too, compared to some anime. Kinda like Kill La Kill would have, few things left unsaid.
    I think I will try Hamatora when I get the chance.

5. MotherJugsSpeed Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    so how should i start/watch the tenchi. i have seen the one where he was in space, not sure if its the first or what but it use to be on netflix.

6. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I started off with the Ryo-Ohki set. A couple of them involved him being in space.
    I had my own questions about this, and Sporadic answered them for me, about the order of it. The link is here:

https://justanimeforum.net/threads/tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-3.3753/

• Like Like x 1
  7. MotherJugsSpeed Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thanks, im just glad i finally got on the forums, i have always liked anime but dont get to talk about it much so this is nice, thanks again for all the help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Just glad to be of use. :D

9. MotherJugsSpeed Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i have a question for anyone/ all that would like to respond. i have wondered about trying one piece for awhile now, well trying again. i tried watching the very first episode awhile ago and i dont think i gave it enough time. im a huge fan of shounen and action series. i think part of it was that i couldnt get past the animation its self. does the animation in the series get better? i really like the newer style of anime that has been coming out, but like most i have my favorite classic animes. and my last question is how is the story line in one piece? anything like naruto? any and all opinions are welcome, thanks.

10. obizeta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i know the feeling i love the looks of fairy tail the moment it gets different in animations i get easley turned away i dont know why i'm pretty new at anime i might be very picky tho XD Also tried other languages but i still cant handle it its english dub or i feel like going crazy :(

11. giraffee Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First anime I watched was Death Note. Simply an amazing anime. I have to admit I was bit skeptical about animes at first, I didn't really understand why people watch animes. Isn't it supposed to be for kids? I mean I watched pokemon and DBZ as a kid but I was never an anime fan. But one of my friend told me to watch Death Note and it changed my world. I soon found myself googling for 'animes like death note' and code geass came up on search and so I watched it. I loved it even more than death note. I just finished watching 'monster'. Although it was good, it was ted bit long and kinda lost my interest towards the end. i have to say it wasn't really my taste. Any recommendations on what I should watch next?

12. The-Writer Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I already know. Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood. Yup. ^^

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I need some recommending of what to watch next. Take a look at My Anime List to see my Plan to Watch. Also, you can recommend me something if it's not there.

14. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Here's what I can recommend:

Nichijou: If you like anime that are just to funny and with slice of life, then this one's the one for you
    Log Horizon: This one's almost like Sword Art Online, just alter a few things and it's a little better than Sword Art Online
    Samurai Champloo: Now if you like comedy, a little hip hop and samurai, then this is just what you're looking for
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Finally, this one is just as epic as hell, once you start watching it you'll enjoy the complete story of it

There are a few others but, I'm gonna leave these for now

• Like Like x 1
  15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Wow @VeritasOdiumParit I was about to say something about Natsu's recommendations but you actually have them there. What made you add some titles that are so common you surely wouldn't enjoy? Guess I'm just more use to seeing your unique/mature taste being mentioned more so than these ones.

From your plan to watch I'd say go for King of Thorns. It wasn't a bad movie and it had certain elements I know you'll enjoy as it makes you question what the hell is happening a few times. Quite a lot actually.

Now as for more interesting series, I'll just mention a few that are animated very differently. No guarantee you'll like them, whether of not they are even possible series for you is something you'd have to tell me later.
    The Tatami Galaxy was an interesting watch. Nothing standard about that college life.
    Ping Pong the Animation while focussing on the sport wasn't entirely about playing it. You'll understand what I mean if you check it out.
    Mononoke is an artistic one about spirits. From memory I didn't think I liked it too much but I rated it a 7 so who knows.
    Kuuchuu Buranko is a series I loved. It is wacky, experimental and full of "huh" moments. While rated well on MAL not too many people I've encountered know about this show.

The main thing with these ones is to keep an open mind and not judge them solely on animation within the first 5 minutes. I doubt you'll find them as deep as Kaiba but some may suffice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I will def watch Kuuchuu Buranko as I love psychological anime like that!!! Welcome to The NHK is also a good psychological and sociological anime and one of my personal favorites!!

17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I added some more popular ones because I have Netflix, and I may decide to watch them. Do you mean Princess Mononoke? I watched that a while ago, it's a good movie. As for the others, I have not seen, but have looked them up on myanimelist before. I'll check them on MAL again to see if they interest me.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @VeritasOdiumParit nope, don't mean the Ghibli movie. I mean Mononoke the supernatural medicine seller anime. It is very bizarre and I can't remember it properly since I watched it years ago now.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/2246/Mononoke?q=mononoke
    But you've searched the others before? Interesting, here I thought Kuuchuu Buranko sounded right up your alley. Maybe not though because it is comical or at least I found it to be.

19. ilanghoula Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Mirai Nikki(Aka Future Diary)
    I wish there was a 11 star rating you could give a show, because Mirai nikki deserves it.
    With a surprise around every dark corner and love that is so twisted its scary,
    How far would you go for someone you cruelly love.

20. Blackleopord Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So far SAO is my favorite anime. I really need help choosing my next anime to watch, I liked steins;gate, death note, psycho pass, Samarai champloo. Anime with great story lines and romance are my favorite.