Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    FINALLY! After a year or more hiatus I am FINALLY able to watch Rockman EXE. Stream again. I had to stop watching it when all the places to watch it on had the vids taken down but I have found it again. Sadly this particular season isn't finished being subbed and the stuff I read says that the series came out like 8 years ago and STILL hasn't been fully subbed yet. Subbers out there what in the heck are you waiting for? Go sub this awesome anime if you are able to please. So yeah, unless the other half of it gets subbed I know I'll have to put it on hold again along with Beast & Beast+ till the rest of Stream gets subbed. (IF it ever gets subbed) Anyway watched ep 8 since 7 was the last ep I watched a year or so ago.

Finished Lagrange the Flower of Rin-ne S1 and now waiting for the dub of S2 along with the dub of S2 for Index and Railgun.

Finished Strike Witches OVA and thank GOD I decided to watch it after the 1st season since what the heck is this OVA!? o_O The things more like a short (Like 5 or less mins) summery about who the SW are and the rest od the 18 or so mins is basically a blue print for what the show has in it, basically they used this OVA to make the actually series is what I believe. Anyway something like this woulda bored me however because I watched the 1st season first it didn't and so I gave it a higher rating which is a 4 though it'd have been an even lower rating if I had watched the OVA first. Incase your wondering S1 I gave a rating of 8 so that should tell you a lot. There was something that were not used in the actual SW series that was in the OVA and the character designs and animation was a bit different, most notably Miyafugi's design was different such as her hair for example.

In short you decide whether to watch the OVA or not but I HIGHLY recommend that if you do watch it to watch it AFTER the 1st season of SW. Imo this is hardly even a real anime given what I said it's about and MAL you REALLY NEED to update the info for the OVA since it's a LIE!

2. Yoishi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Started re-watching Pokemon, it's still god like >.

3. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It took me a day longer than it should have but i've finally finished Tales of the Abyss and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, all in all it was just average and that makes it probably so much worse for someone like me.

Now i could go into all the faults i found with this seires, the many many plot holes or the fact that the cast do so many retarded things, but i'd rather explain what i mean by having to watch an average anime means having a worse experience than watching a bad anime. You'll start watching an anime like this and tho you're not really enjoying yourself you'll persevere cause, tho it's not good and it's actually frustrating you a lot, it's by no means bad so you carry this hope in your heart that it'll actually pick up and get better down the line. So you watch it for 10 or so episodes still clinging too that hope and then eventually come to the conclusion that it's not going to pick up but by this point you've watched so much of it that you might as well finish it because you've already watched more than half of it so you continue on. Come around the 17th episode you realise that you really don't care about the characters or the story at all and you're now just watching each episode to get thru them but still you can't stop watching because you're so close to the end and you might as well finish it to clear it off your list. By the final episodes you're absolutely bored, you're so far beyond caring about anything that you're not even getting frustrated or angry with it when it does stupid shit any more and all it's doing is just taking up your time now but that's fine because 2 more episodes and it's done! While on the other hand if it had been a bad anime you would have recognised it was such within the first 3 episodes and dumped it for something else.

So average animes can kiss my arse and burn in a special layer of hell as far as i'm concerned!

Wampa wrote:
    I honestly didnt expect this much emotional stuff from this series it was almost like it had two faces, the funny no one can die so strap rockets to the chairs stuff to the emotional and sad back stories of the characters and the ending itself. I feel like i’m not going to be able to think about this anime without getting a bit sad. Also i ended up watching some Oreimo and Yuru Yuri to calm me done but sadly the Oreimo episode was one of the minorly sad ones as well…. guess i’m gonna go start Ga-Rai then
    Edit: well it seems double quoting doesnt work very well

That's exactly how i felt when i first watched it as well, very taken aback by the emotional stuff that hit really hard, you just don't expect it at all. You kinda get fooled by that first episode that that's what the tone of the anime is going to be and then you discover come episode three that it's soo not, if anything it's more about the emotional stuff than this surface hilarious comedy.

4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Finished the first season of Yuru Yuri and the special, starting the second season. I give it a 9/10

5. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Watching Fate/Zero and I love it. Also tried out Cat Planet Cuties and it's... different

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today I watched the first episode of SYMPHOGEAR in order for the second season.
    Let me just say, first episode was really good.
    Shit has hit the fan and it made being a magical girl look gross, not PMMM gross though.

7. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Now watching Black Cat. I saw a little of this last year but due to circumstances had to stop watching it. Only saw a few mins of the first ep last year but now I've seen the 1st ep fully. :)

Also Strike Witches S2 I have no choice but to put on hold. Everywhere I go it's either deleted OR the baka site's players won't play it right and atm I can't find a place to watch the next ep on so unless a miracle happens it's on hold. Last ep I watched was ep 3. Might be my adobe flash player since this is happening with many anime and not just this one though I have been updating it so I don't know what's going on here...

8. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My haul this week (which isnt much of a haul at all)

Today (1)
    Hataraku Maou-sama! ep. 1 Edit 2 hours ago

Yesterday (8)
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 5 Edit 5 hours ago
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. ep. 5 Edit 6 hours ago
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 4 Edit 6 hours ago
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 3 Edit 7 hours ago
    Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride ep. 4 Edit 8 hours ago
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 6 Edit Yesterday, 1:33 AM
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep. 4 Edit Yesterday, 1:05 AM
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep. 3 Edit Yesterday, 12:38 AM

Wednesday (3)
    Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride ep. 3 Edit 05-15-13, 9:14 PM
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 5 Edit 05-15-13, 8:25 PM
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 4 Edit 05-15-13, 7:32 PM

Sunday (2)
    Karneval ep. 1 Edit 05-12-13, 2:43 AM
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep. 2 Edit 05-12-13, 1:52 AM

9. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @natsuru-san

+++ this quoting system...

Give me some time and I could probably process that ++++ for you and get it up...

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Ga-Rei: Zero episode 2

Um..

Yomi is best girl, but I don't want her to kill Kagura.
    Or maybe she did kill her in the final few moments of this episode.

UPDATE: Just watched episode 17 of Nanoha StrikerS.
    Best episode by far.
    Subaru was so badass.

11. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I finished the second season of Yuru Yuri, that's one of the anime that made me laugh a lot, I give it 9/10. Time to watch the latest:

Devil Survivor 2
    Hataraku Maou-Sama
    Photo Kano
    Namuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Zettai Bouei Leviathan
    The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat
    Date a Live
    Oreimo 2
    Attack on Titan
    Bleach dub
    Pokemon dub
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal dub

As well as to wrap up Eureka Seven

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well I finished Ga-Rei: Zero. I'm probably one of those rare people that really didn't like this one.

Anyway I decided to pick up again on the Tenchi Muyo series. I have to thank this site for reminding me of it since it's all over the homepage.

Edit: Oh yeah @Sir Maddy that gif of yours exemplifies my facial reaction to many shows. When I saw it I realized now why my brother thinks I look crazy when I watch anime lol.

13. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:
    I finished the second season of Yuru Yuri, that’s one of the anime that made me laugh a lot, I give it 9/10. Time to watch the latest:

*Devil Survivor 2
    *Hataraku Maou-Sama
    *Photo Kano
    *Namuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Zettai Bouei Leviathan
    *The “Hentai” Prince and the Stony Cat
    Date a Live
    *Oreimo 2
    Attack on Titan
    Bleach dub
    *Pokemon dub
    *Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal dub

Finished those marked, plus Tamako Market: Dera's Bar episode 2

14. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:I finished the second season of Yuru Yuri, that’s one of the anime that made me laugh a lot, I give it 9/10. Time to watch the latest:

*Devil Survivor 2
    *Hataraku Maou-Sama
    *Photo Kano
    *Namuchigiwa no Muromi-san
    Zettai Bouei Leviathan
    *The “Hentai” Prince and the Stony Cat
    Date a Live
    *Oreimo 2
    *Attack on Titan
    Bleach dub
    *Pokemon dub
    *Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal dub

Finished those marked, plus Tamako Market: Dera's Bar episode 2

Those marked and episode 42 of Eureka Seven

15. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I've finally finished Eureka Seven, might consider watching AO once it's dubbed, next on my list is another 50+ episode anime: Beelzebub

16. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Just to give an update I updated my Adobe Flash Player manually and it's still doing the same things as before for Strike Witches season 2. I was talking to someone and they said it also did the very same things on those exact same sites as it did to me so It's not just me but the players themselves on those sites. ^_^;

17. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @Natsuru-San If you have Adblock on maybe try disabling it? I noticed lately some video players don't play when it is on. Not sure what the deal is with that but it helped me on a show I was watching lately.

Anyway I started on Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. Still early but looks like I don't need to know anything from the past series.

18. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I just finished the latest Date A Live, Beelzebub OVA and Beelzebub episode 2, it was (respectively) crazy, funny and epic

19. Uallandme Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    i'm in the middle of Steins;Gate i also took a little peak at that lucky star spin off Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku. im going to start the world only god knows.I know i ask this often but should i watch it subbed or dubbed?

20. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Started Marmalade Boy today.

First impressions: This is a huge throwback for me. Main characters remind me of Sana and Akito [Kind of like it's picking up where Kodocha left off] and the dub isn't too bad.

Needless to say, I think i'm going to love this anime. I don't know what it is about older anime, but I always seem to love them [Probably because of the similar art styles to Kodocha xD].