Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Actually Hidamari Sketch has been out for years now in DVD format.
    I think they’re just re-releasing the entire series on Blu-Ray before they release the 4th season.
    Anyway funny how you mention Dragonball and Yuru Yuri because there is a reference to Dragonball in Yuru Yuri.
    Akari goes Super Saiyan.

Ah okay. Know of any good 720p torrents with good subs please? I had a look and the only proper 720p one I could find had people in the comments saying the subs were shonky or something. PM me if it's classified.
    And what? That in S2, or am I just forgetting? XD

Natsuru, I think they're talking about season 2 of OreImo. I've only seen S1, so I can't say.

Anyaway, today:
    Just about finished downloading Corpse Party, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and got the first ep of Nobunaga the Fool.

Naruto. Ep 108.
    Bleach 308. Is it just me, or was this episode absolutely effing amazing?
    Nyan Koi!. Ep 12. @Natsuru-san
    Much too little, much too late. Couldn't you have just told me something like "There is a kitteh, but not until like the last couple of episodes," so I wouldn't have been quite so disappointed?
    Oh, and I read your spoilers now. Ummm... thanks for telling me to not read the first one, for being told it had an open ending would have ruined it for me (which, btw, I didn't consider this too open an ending). Regarding the second one, I have to disagree with you there too, and I gotta tag Maddy regarding.
    @Sir-Maddy Just regarding what Natsuru told you regarding Nyan Koi:
    This is definitely a harem anime, though slightly less than a usual harem. The standard oblivious guy with multiple girls after him, but he's clearly only interested in one. I guess, think Clannad.
    Corpse Party: Missing Footage. I had no idea what that was, but then I remembered I saw some comments when I was downloading it that this was like just giving a little background to the characters' relationships or something. Oh, and the gore; like always, I was really disappointed by the censoring of the good bits, but I guess the realistic sounding screams and the blood splatters and that split-second eye stab were almost enough to satisfy my bloodlust (yes, I am that sadistic when it comes to my gore ;3 ). Oh, and @Supernatural-Knight, you just told me about the genitals censor thing this morning (when I read), but is there the same sorta zero-tolerance policy when it comes to gore like this??...
    Nobunaga the Fool. Ep 1. Meh...

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @Maddy: Do I spot with my eyes a Josie and the Pussy Cats gif? :3 Kinda a shame that girl never made it into the live movie. She had so much spunk. lol

Yes, it is indeed Josie and the Pussy Cats.

@Okabe and Maddy: Uh, Oremo, kinda considering watching it but from what ya’ll have been talking about it’s making me question if I should or not?

It's fine for the first season, it references many Anime and eroge games.
    It's a little bit funny and is enjoyable.
    However the second season is quite shit, as they focus more on the romance more, and then the three OVAs completely ruin the entire series.
    They just shat all over what they had, and trolled everyone.
    So pick it up if you're ready for what's going to come.

Higurashi eps 1 – 22 so far. Got to say pretty good so far. Also i think i found the ultimate archetype: the Yandere-Moe! So cute yet so deadly and psycho at the same time. Also would someone explain what happened at the end of 21. a certain thing happened, if that thing happened BEFORE another thing in the story arc that co-insides with this arc then how did the second thing happen??? If the 1st thing happened after the 2nd thing then i makes sense and the case closes its-self. Anyone following me on the “thing” part or did i just confuse you all? @Sir-Maddy you are the higurashi expert around here a little help please?

It's been a while, but I think I have a clue as to what you're talking about.
    But if you post it in the Higurashi thread, I'll answer it.

@MiniSiets @Sir-Maddy
    I’m glad to see that the ending was unsatisfactory for more people… i also wish he said screw it and just went with it. I have heard that the creator did want to go all out but the higher ups and what not wouldnt let him go through with it or else they wouldnt put up the episodes.

Based A-1 Pictures.
    I now know why they only had one good Anime last year.

@mafiacow PM me and I'll give you the links to all of Hidamari Sketch.
    Also I still won't watch Nyan Koi.

3. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Sir-Maddy Coolness, thanks.
    And yeah, I was telling you that cause of how you said you hate harems; making sure you didn't watch something that'd only be a hateful waste of time for you.

4. Crazy Potato Designer

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    On and off:  Princess Jellyfish, Girls Bravo, B Gata H Kei and  Moonphase.
    I also need to update MAL but too lazy at the moment haha

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @mafiacow, it is unfortunate but yeah it kind of is, it isn't exactly zero tolerance since there is an 'okay' boundary but it is kind of tame for people with tastes such as us. Apparently breaking a neck is fine but losing a limb is not safe to be shown on television. Most gore titles get fully uncensored with the DVD release [thank you Another, you would be the same with the censors I first watched it with] but there are still titles that don't get fully uncensored like deadman wonderland. I can't imagine how different shows like elfin lied or gantz would be had they of aired last year now with these stricter regulation. It sucks but if you want a gorey show basically you have to find an older title or one that was released straight onto DVD like corpse party. Zero censorship in the 4 episode OVAs, enjoy.

Okay what I've finished

Kyou no asuka show 8/10, I enjoyed this little ecchi short about an innocent girl, Asuka is adorable with her ecchi antics and that last episode got me to laugh so it completely recovered from that shitty Takkun episode 2 back

Initial D extra stage 7/10 it was good but not as good as the main show I guess I had my expectations too high. The race was too short and without Takumi appearing at all there was little else but Mako's feelings involved. I still liked it because extra screen time for Mako and Sayuki but it really was missing something. Also boobs made an unexpected appearance, as was the end of the OVA being a slight christmas celebration

6. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I actually didn't have a problem with Oreimo's change in focus during the second season, but that ending was such a massive cop out just to dodge some stupid controversy, it completely breaks the story. I want to punch my monitor screen every time I think about it. Sooo much broken logic.

7. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Do you want an Internet hug Siets?

8. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

WAIT WAIT... it's not like I want a hug or anything...

9. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I'm definitely screwed

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    OK now I'm screwed, I watched the first Chunibyo season 2 and finished Maken-ki season 1 and they were both great, and the next anime I'll watch is: Kodomo no Jikan

Well what can you do, I also lost a Call of Duty battle, but at least I'll also watch Little Witch Academia and Attack on Titan OVA so, wish me luck guys

11. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i had planned on watching the sao extra today but a friend told me most of it was recap or fan service swim suits and said to watch just the haf hour if anything.... probably just gonna change my plans and watch the first episode of chu2(2?).
    @Natsu-Dragneel i am curious about kodomo no jikan because i have heard some....interesting things about it but never actually talked to anyone that has watched it so share if you watch it

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Crazy, Siets, is your text glowing, or is it the glass of wine talking??

@Supernatural-Knight Wow, didn't even uncensor DMWL? That might have even redeemed it by up to half a star. And okay, I couldn't give half a shit about the genitals, but by censoring gore, they're messing with a sadist's hopes and dreams. I'm pissed. I'm coming for you, Japan!
    Oh, and I clicked at random points in my Corpse Party vid, searching for gore to make sure it was in fact uncensored. Got to a point. There was a body standing there. No torso, just waist down. Intestines hanging out. Mother. Effing. Glorious. *w*
    @Nonononoki Super and I have been discussing that neko Shana pic you posted the other week, and we both agree; well done, Nono. :p

Naruto. Ep 109. Lols at Sakura, stupid bee. XD
    Bleach. Ep 309. Well then... I wonder where it's going to be going now...
    Attack on Titan. Ep 13. I wonder if what I'm hypothesising will turn out correct...

13. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Sir Maddy wrote:

[​IMG]

WAIT WAIT… it’s not like I want a hug or anything…

Oh Siets, you so Tsundere.
    I'm still giving you a hug.
    http://anixp.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/134101274112.gif%3Fw%3D584
    By the way you must tell me how you got so orange.

On topic.

Today (19)
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 26
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 25
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 24
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 23
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 22
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 21
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 20
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 19
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 18
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 17
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 16
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 15
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 14
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 13
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren ep. 1
    Hamatora The Animation ep. 1
    Robot Girls Z ep. 3
    Robot Girls Z ep. 2
    Robot Girls Z ep. 1

14. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So, been watching a lot of Nana. After having hardly touched it for many months. here's hoping I can finish it up. (It is good, just others are better, thus the hardly picking it up part. lol)

@Mafiacow and @sir-maddy: Ok, Maddy I know you've watched Freezing S1 like I have. So you're aware of how it is when the main character only likes 1 person yet someone else or others flock to said main character. Now in this case We don't have 1 person flocking to the main character but many, in this case though, it's toned down BIG TIME to the extent it cannot be compared to the "usual" harem where all the characters go crazy over said character and do crazy things, hang all over said character etc.. Nope not with Nyan Koi! It's REALLY toned down. Now is it like Freezing? Only if you look at the harem and compare it there since obviously the genre is very different from Freezing and same with the story, very different. Comedy is it's main focus I think, after that romance but that's really toned down on the romance part. There are anime references here and there and it's very enjoyable, but, if you aren't looking for comedy, then steer clear of it. lol Mafia, have you even SEEN Freezing? I have so I can compare the harem to it. I've not seen Clannad "yet", but will someday but until then I can't compare Nyan Koi! to Clannad. lol I do know even though Freezing is marked as a harem it's hardly even such an anime. Just 1 girl flocking to the guy even though he only likes the other girl and has basically said this (If I recall right he told her this but even so it's obvious he likes her and the girl flocking to him knows this) I know me and others recommended Freezing to Maddy and she really enjoyed it but before hand was put off by the harem tag but thankfully she watched it because of what many of us were saying. Btw in the spoiler to Maddy you made it sound like I said it wasn't a harem, I never said that. It's a harem alright but is VERY toned down compared to most and you know the focus is small on the harem part. (Still focus, but still toned down) As for your spoiler to me. No one read unless you've seen all of Nyan Koi!
    But Mafia, had I of said that, it'd have spoiled a part of the ending/show. lol In the beginning we know he could be changed into a cat, it even showed this in what either was temp or was a dream of him turning into one. If I'd said what you said I coulda said then well, you'd have figured it out but still be hoping for a girl kitteh. So to avoid soiling it for you, even though I knew you were hoping for a cat girl, I had to say what I said. If it were me and the roles were reversed here, well, I'd have been upset and possibly mad that someone, esp a friend spoiled part of the show for me, more so since it was near/at the ending. lol So no I couldn't have said what you said. lol And look on the bright side, the manga is still on going if I recall right, the ending tells us of a S2 and one of the songs has cat girls in it. We also know the curse can spread to others and cause them misfortune if they find out about the curse, so perhaps in S2 they get turned into temp cat girls. (In other words, "what if" that song was hinting at a future event? Either way, you KNOW you enjoyed Nyan Koi! even though there was only 1 kitteh and only cat girls in the song. Sure you're disappointed of the lack of cat girls but try focusing on the good parts of Nyan Koi! rather than the what it didn't have. lol

Your welcome, I hate spoiling others so I do my best not too. lol Still, I know there were other spoilers aside from two. (I think) If I recall right I posted spoilers next to certain eps I'd watched along the way. Saying what was in them. (Such as the future dairy reference and some other reference for the magical twins ep)

@Maddy: Hem, thanks. I know what you mean kind of. DxD S2 took away the perfect balance of ecchi and story and made it so it focused more on the ecchi than the story, which while it was still good, DxD S1 was better imo. Still Glad I watched S2 but wanting a S3 that restores the lost balance. :( So if it's similar to or worse than S2 of DxD then yeah, maybe best I not pick it up, just depends on how they went about it I guess.

And I know why your crying, it can only be cowboy bebop.
    Yeah, I wasn't happy with that ending either, from what I heard though, the creators might make a continuation for it and were saying that Spike didn't really die there at the end. I hope they do and I hope he really didn't die, I'd be more so sad if it was Faye that happened to at the end there though. lol

15. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I’m still giving you a hug.
    [​IMG]
    By the way you must tell me how you got so orange.

I. Er. Uh. BAKA! ...Thanks Maddy. I'm actually feeling quite a bit better now. I wrote a scathing review and it got voted straight up to the front page of the OVAs on MAL in just over 2 hours, lol. Glad I'm far from the only one who felt gypped. Now I guess I'm gonna get started on Death Note since I am long overdue for watching this series.

Oh, and about the orangeness. I had a little help from the great Jeremiah Gottwald of course. OK, actually I just got a message from Crazy one morning and he told me to make a post and then I was all like OOOoooo shiny. :3

16. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Natsuru-san It's more just you seemed to be describing it as less of a harem than it actually was. In my opinion and memory (which may be, and probably is, faulty), they flock and cling more than I noticed in what I've seen of Monogatari.
    No, I haven't seen Freezing. Clannad's just a good comparison cause they're both harems, they both have the MC only interested in one, and they both have the romance that I hate between them.
    Actually, no, I'm perfectly fine with kittehs of either gender, as long as they're eccentric enough. Like, I didn't really consider Eris to be quite eccentric enough to like her that much. If you had told me there was a kitteh, I may have eventually expected a male one, but I would have been "hoping" for either. I was just really disappointed by the sheer lack of kittehs after expectation, that it brought my rating down by like half or maybe even a full star of what it would have been if I wasn't expecting much more kittehs. In all honesty, it probably would have been better if you told me that there weren't any kittehs outside of the OP at all, then I probably would have been pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed.
    If there does turn out to be an S2, I'm not sure if I could be bothered watching. Even though the humour and references were good, and Kotone was a brilliant character, I can't stop thinking about how I hated that romance and how a fair few of the characters just annoyed me.

@Siets Ah, okay, good, so I wasn't hallucinating. XD (Sure still feels like I am though)

Btw, @everyone, I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I sure have; that I've exceeded my standard playful eccentric self lately, and more just been plain annoying and incovenient. For that, I do apologise.

Naruto. Ep 110. Damnit, Sakura! Your interruption has slowed the whole team down!
    Bleach. Ep 310. Well I'm glad it wasn't amnesia. XD
    Attack on Titan. Ep 13.5. I knew it was a recap ep going into it, but still felt obliged to watch it.
    Attack on Titan. Ep 14. Ick, the new OP and ED are crap in comparison.
    Attack on Titan. Ep 15. Holy crap, they get ALL of their energy from the sun, with no need to eat or drink?! That's it, I wanna be a titan!!

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Sir Maddy wrote:
    I’m still giving you a hug.
    [​IMG]
    By the way you must tell me how you got so orange.I. Er. Uh. BAKA! …Thanks Maddy. I’m actually feeling quite a bit better now. I wrote a scathing review and it got voted straight up to the front page of the OVAs on MAL in just over 2 hours, lol. Glad I’m far from the only one who felt gypped. Now I guess I’m gonna get started on Death Note since I am long overdue for watching this series.
    We all felt gypped.Unless you were a Kiniro fan.By the way, tell me how Death Note goes.Oh, and about the orangeness. I had a little help from the great Jeremiah Gottwald of course. OK, actually I just got a message from Crazy one morning and he told me to make a post and then I was all like OOOoooo shiny. :3
    Wish I could turn blue.Wish my text could be blue.Wish I had two girls kissing shown everytime I post.Why is there no love for the News Person?Today (12)Sakura Trick ep. 1 Gin no Saji 2nd Season ep. 1 Kill la Kill ep. 13 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 12 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 11 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 10 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 9 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 8 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 7 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 6 ef: A Tale of Memories. ep. 5 Pupa ep. 1

18. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Now I guess I’m gonna get started on Death Note since I am long overdue for watching this series.

Oh, and about the orangeness. I had a little help from the great Jeremiah Gottwald of course. OK, actually I just got a message from Crazy one morning and he told me to make a post and then I was all like OOOoooo shiny. :3
    Let me know how you like it and such too. I watched Death Note back when it aired on Adult swim. I really enjoyed it, save for a few things which were big imo but, eh, this was the first anime where I was cheering and rooting for the bad guy so yeah... (Truth be told though, with who I am now if I had watched it now I might feel differently and not of cheered for the bad guy and same with if I rewatch it)

Woulda been nice to see that Shiny text. lol (I only see the plain one here lol)

Wish I could turn blue.
    Wish my text could be blue.
    Wish I had two girls kissing shown everytime I post.
    Why is there no love for the News Person?

[​IMG]

You could make your avi blue or use a none harmful face/body paint and turn blue
    [color=blue[/color just add the missing brackets and do this to your text each time you post and it can be blue
    Seeing as you're staff and from what I've heard, ask Crazy for some help there since the other Mods/staff have theirs, all you'd need is the pic I'm guessing for him to do that for you, so you can have your kissing girls there each time you post :)
    There is love for the news person [URL="http://anixp.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/134101274112.gif%3Fw%3D584"]http://anixp.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/134101274112.gif%3Fw%3D584[/URL]
    In regards to your last pic. lol
    [​IMG]

Seriously you ever need to talk, just send me a PM.

19. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Excuse the double post but DTR be glitchin on me not letting me fully post what I want too. lol

@Mafiacow: See the above pic and the words followed after it. lol (I'm referring to the last pic in my last post, the above one that is where I'm talking to Maddy, since that pic and the words afterward are also for you too)

Yet another anime I intend to watch but haven't yet. lol
    Yeah, sorry, guess next time I'll just reply with, expect the unexpected. ;) After all, I don't like lying so no I couldn't have told you that as I'm an honest Kämpfer or dropping the Kämpfer reference, I'm an honest person. lol

Well,, my future dairy says there'll be a S2 and that you'll watch it. ;) I know I will be. :)

20. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Up to episode 6 & first OVA of Kodomo no Jikan plus for the past week:

Today (2)
    Wake Up, Girls! ep. 1
    Wake Up, Girls! Shichinin no Idol ep. 1

Yesterday (2)
    Strike the Blood ep. 13
    Sakura Trick ep. 1

Thursday (3)
    Log Horizon ep. 14