Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today (16)
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 10
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 9
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 8
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 7
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 13
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 12
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 11
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 10
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 9
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 8
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 7
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 6
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 5
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 4
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 3
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 2

2. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural Knight & @mafiacow: My apologies. :( Didn't mean anything by what I said on the romance genre, esp to you Knight. :( As you said Knight, to each their own and you yourself have also made comments here and there when it came to romance that people could have taken offense too. lol See for me I love romance a TON! As a result it saddens me when people hate it. :( Hence what I said to Mafia. It was said out of sadness, nothing else but you were happy to hear Mafia say that but if you loved romance as much as I do then you'd be sad to hear someone say what Mafia said too. But you're right, nothing wrong with you hating it, or anyone for that matter, though I do agree with that I also can't help but be a little sad that others hate it. :( No hard feelings? Btw, there is one type of romance I can't stand, so guess I'm with you both when it comes to this type (Read the sky blue colored text below to find out) but the rest I love, harems I just like though. lol  Too many harems! .> They everywhere! o.0 lol

@Mafia: Oh, yeah...well if the awkwardness is at that lv and done like Nyan Koi! then I'm fine with it, but, that said there is ONE type of romance I just cannot stand, and you My good Mafia, reminded me of that. lol Ever seen the newest live action movie of "The Amazing Spider-Man?" The awkwardness of the two talking in that hall, standing there, with a grin on their faces, trying to speak but all they can say is each other's name and yeah, and hey and ok. DAMN! Get a room already, I dun wanna see that or hear it for that matter! It was like a miniature version of nails on a chalk board to me.
    Yeah, I like her even though she is annoying at times. (Ok a lot but still...) I think she was in the 1st ep, dunno though but she's shown in the OP & or ED song'(s). It prob is, we just don't see too many of them though and actually, now that you've explained it to me I remember that I have heard of a reverse trap before. lol Just forgot. haha Wonder why there's so much emphasis on trying to separate the two genders? :p I mean she's still a trap and how come the boy looking like the girl isn't called a reverse trap? :p Nyan Koi ep 7&8 lost it reference: I know right? I was shocked myself when they did that Future Diary reference, esp when it actually was true. xD Oh and I spoilered what I spoilered to avoid spoilering anything for others. lol

@Sir-maddy: Was that an Ein reference you posted with that pic? :)

3. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Putting Kimi ni Todoke on hold. It's too cheesy right now and I would rather watch something else...

...Like Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga episode 1. Although this anime has already garnered a TON of hate *COUGH COUGH* after only 1 measly episode... I actually quite enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more!

There's other stuff as well, but eh...

4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Finally I can post, I finished all of the FMA & FMA: Brotherhood OVAs and Mayoi Neko Overrun, they were all very interesting and funny, next on my list is R-15, hope I don't die of a nosebleed

5. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Natsuru-san Lolwut? I wasn't expecting an apology at all, let alone anything like that. I saw it as something completely trivial. And lol, you and romance sounds like me and kittehs and Haruhi. XD
    @Supernatural-Knight, what do you think of this whole topic and the apology and whatnot? I was under the impression that the "I take offence to this" was sorta satirical? Oh, and while I have you here on this topic, I think you're gonna love my thoughts on today's Nyan Koi!. ;)

No, I haven't seen any movies in cinema for quite a while.
    Perhaps the "reverse" is just for added clarification.
    I didn't really see it as a spoiler though?

And finally, @Sir-Maddy, I just remembered something that Super and I were talking about a little earlier; I was saying how Slice of Life is a safe genre for me, in that I'm pretty much guaranteed to like it. Super said there must be at least one Slice of Life I didn't like, and then I remembered; Yuru Yuri. I didn't like it, I didn't not like it. It was just rather average. We're just curious about your thoughts regarding my thoughts on it please?
    And just remembered @Wampa would probably want to say something here too. XD

Anyaway, today's watching:
    Naruto. Ep 105.
    Bleach. Ep 305. Boring filler ep.
    Nyan Koi!. Ep 9. I just thought of the perfect way for this anime to get better! (You know, aside from there being actual kitteh people) What they should do is kill off one of the main characters! It can't be whatshisface cause he's the protagonist; it can't be Kaede cause that'd be too simple and they wouldn't stop whining afterward; it can't be whatsherface the short black hair chick cause then I'd have no one to dislike; so, by deduction, it has to be whatsherface the long hair childhood friend. Shame, cause she's the most likeable out of the mains. XD
    Log Horizon. Ep 14.
    Attack on Titan. Ep 10. Psshh, strategic things like this seem to bore me. If it goes to plan, it's boring, if it doesnt go to plan, it's expected.

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @mafiacow I liked Yuru Yuri, I watched it for the lesbians.
    I understand why you wouldn't like it, the jokes get repetitive and old and the second season is meh compared to the first one.
    Slice of Life anime is very good, especially if you've had a bad day, you can watch a Slice of Life anime and feel better.
    I remember having some pretty shitty days while Non Non Biyori was airing, and whenever I watched it, I felt better, and now it's one of my favourite Slice of Life shows.
    Hidamari Sketch is also another one of my favourites, I really do recommend it if you like Slice of Life.
    But I also have a few I didn't like, I didn't like A-Channel much.
    Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's just very forgettable, plus, I didn't laugh a lot.
    But the OP is very, very relaxing.

7. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Mafiacow indeed i did enjoy yuri yuru probably more than i should have. I honestly have little explanation to why i enjoyed it so much honestly i just couldnt help but smiling and watching the next episode. Maybe its the perverted yuri aspect in it from Chitose because i did like Maria holic very much as well but cant be sure. I can also agree with Maddy point on it that second season was meh compared to the first. I also watcheed A channel and hidamari sketch and while they both were ok neither really stood out much. I remember the openings to them both the most although i cant say i watched every season of hidamari sketch so i cant really say much.

Since this is the watching thread watching the dvd of lain i got from that random dvd box. also decided to watch the gup ovas that i missed and am also considering watching the sword art extra thingy....why i am not quite sure

8. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    rewatched corpse party tortured souls and its much more enjoyable now that i watched it with english sub xD.
    and ouran host club too.

9. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Sir-Maddy, yeah I get that feeling with Slice of Life too. And okay, I'll check out Hidamari Sketch. ^_^
    @Wampa Hehe, sounds sorta like me and Haruhi. XD

Now, could anyone please tell me why it's 1:36 in the morning, but I'm wide awake? Oh well, internet seems to work, so I'll check here and facebook and go back to bed after. XD
    Yesterday:
    Naruto. Ep 106. Minor filler arc: finished.
    Bleach. Ep 306. Good, back to the story. And wow, did Gin actually just do what I think he did?
    Attack on Titan. Ep 11. Tch, plans again...
    Nyan Koi!. Ep 10. When suddenly... magical girls!! XD
    Space Dandy. Ep 1.

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @mafiacow It's coming out on Blu-Ray really soon.
    In America though, no one in Australia has decided to pick it up yet.

Today (11)
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 12
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 11
    Super Sonico The Animation ep. 1
    Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta ep. 1
    Nobunagun ep. 1
    Tonari no Seki-kun ep. 1
    Saki: Zenkoku-hen ep. 1
    Nobunaga the Fool ep. 1
    Noragami ep. 1
    Space☆Dandy ep. 1
    Log Horizon ep. 14

11. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Sir-Maddy So the standard "Aus doesn't get it for ages after"?
    And now that I'm properly awake, I can remember that while I didn't much like Yuru Yuri (and was annoyed by the "protagonist" being so presenceless), I do still enjoy memes of it.

Naruto. Ep 107. I was a little excited when at the end I thought Sakura was gonna get caught in the crossfire, but then I remembered that she's alive in the pics I've seen of Shippuden...
    Bleach. Ep 307. Wow, just wow. Was not expecting Gin to do that. :O
    Nyan Koi!. Ep 11. All I've got to say is; hmmmmm...
    Attack on Titan. Ep 12. Well... it's better than plans. XD

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @mafiacow Actually Hidamari Sketch has been out for years now in DVD format.
    I think they're just re-releasing the entire series on Blu-Ray before they release the 4th season.
    Anyway funny how you mention Dragonball and Yuru Yuri because there is a reference to Dragonball in Yuru Yuri.
    Akari goes Super Saiyan.

13. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Just finished the Oreimo 2 OVAs. 0/10. I have never seen such a troll ending in my life. This even beats out Berserk's ending in maximum trollage, and it does so effortlessly. That almost takes a special kind of talent.

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Just finished the Oreimo 2 OVAs. 0/10. I have never seen such a troll ending in my life. This even beats out Berserk’s ending in maximum trollage, and it does so effortlessly. That almost takes a special kind of talent.

We should have expected it Siets.
    We really should have.
    Then we wouldn't be mad at it as much.

15. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I really should have expected it, but I didn't. I mean they went 9/10ths of the way there already, so I figured if they were going to cop out for fear of controversy, they would have done so long before they actually decided to do the asspull. But nope, they just had to traumatize me instead. I literally sat there exclaiming "Woooow. Wooooooow." Peter Griffon-style for like a minute straight, followed by banging my head against my couch several times after I finished. And I'm not saying "literally" like in the figurative sense that people mistakenly use it for. No, I literally did all that with some hair-pulling in between.

This is going to take some time to cope.

16. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I really should have expected it, but I didn’t. I mean they went 9/10ths of the way there already, so I figured if they were going to cop out for fear of controversy, they would have done so long before they actually decided to do the asspull. But nope, they just had to traumatize me instead. I literally sat there exclaiming “Woooow. Wooooooow.” Peter Griffon-style for like a minute straight, followed by banging my head against my couch several times after I finished. And I’m not saying “literally” like in the figurative sense that people mistakenly use it for. No, I literally did all that with some hair-pulling in between.

This is going to take some time to cope.

There there.
    I'll help you through this, cause I felt the same way as you did when I watched it.

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So continuing K-on! Ep 5 if I recall right was the most best and most funniest ep so far. I put it on hold for a while at ep 2 and wasn't sure it was worth continuing (Almost dropped it) but ang am I glad I continued watching it. :)

@Maddy: Do I spot with my eyes a Josie and the Pussy Cats gif? :3 Kinda a shame that girl never made it into the live movie. She had so much spunk. lol

@Okabe and Maddy: Uh, Oremo, kinda considering watching it but from what ya'll have been talking about it's making me question if I should or not?

18. ThatRandomGinger Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Higurashi eps 1 - 22 so far. Got to say pretty good so far. Also i think i found the ultimate archetype: the Yandere-Moe! So cute yet so deadly and psycho at the same time. Also would someone explain what happened at the end of 21. a certain thing happened, if that thing happened BEFORE another thing in the story arc that co-insides with this arc then how did the second thing happen??? If the 1st thing happened after the 2nd thing then i makes sense and the case closes its-self. Anyone following me on the "thing" part or did i just confuse you all? @Sir-Maddy you are the higurashi expert around here a little help please?

19. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Just finished R-15 and also since Sunday I started watching Saki and Super Sonico, I really missed the former and the latter was a funny first episode.
    On my list the next anime is Maken-ki

20. Wampa Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ThatRandomGinger i would say go post your question on the higurashi thread so you can leave out the whole "thing" part because i thing i know what your taking about but cant be sure.

@MiniSiets @Sir-Maddy
    I'm glad to see that the ending was unsatisfactory for more people... i also wish he said screw it and just went with it. I have heard that the creator did want to go all out but the higher ups and what not wouldnt let him go through with it or else they wouldnt put up the episodes.