Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Silvermoss Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just finished watching the first season of Valvrave the Liberator yesterday...

Cardcaptor Sakura was a part of my childhood too. :) It's been years since I've seen it though, and I can't remember if I watched it fully in dubbed, or subbed, or a mix of both. I know there's a Vietnamese version on youtube though, so I'm hoping to watch that one day in the near future.. ^^;

As for Yu-Gi-Oh! though... the most recent one I watched was 5D and I watched GX in my early years in H.S. I kind of miss that though. I also heard that they were planning on dubbing the last season of GX after they finish 5D. I'm not sure if they did or not though.... Oh well.

2. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for double post, but it was really burning at me, and need tag.Metazoxan , Joey’s sister, was it actually just her going blind, or was that a death censor? And how much do they change plot-wise in the seasons of normal Yu-gi-oh after Duelist Kingdom?

No I'm pretty sure that was just blindness. After all you physically see her with bandages over her eyes and later with them finally taken off. So she's in the clear. As for the plot there are various changes made so it's hard to say anything specific. There wasn't exactly any super major changes I guess just things cut or altered around here or there. Just that any reference to death or even any violence was removed. If someone so much as seriously punched another character it was edited out!

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today (12)
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 12
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 11
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 10
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 9
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 8
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 7
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ep. 6
    Kill la Kill ep. 7
    Kill la Kill ep. 6
    Kill la Kill ep. 5
    Kill la Kill ep. 4
    Kill la Kill ep. 3

Oh damn I finished Humanity Has Declined...

It is now one of my favourite anime of all time, and Watashi is one of my favourite female characters of all time.

4. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Ah okay, thanks Meta. :)

This morning, a friend linked me to a vid called The Journey of the Doge Episode 1. In it, they had a parody of the second Nichijou opening, which caused me to have the original song stuck in my head for half the day. XD

BlazBlue: Alter Memory. Ep 6.
    Haganai. Ep 6.
    Love Live! School Idol Project. Eps 11, 12, 13.
    Naruto. Ep 56.
    One Piece. Ep 176.

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Completed: Lagrange season 2. Now to wait for the dub of the 12.5 ep (AKA the OVA ep) Gotta say, I liked this anime, the ending in one sense while it made sense, it was still disappointing in one part sice it lacked more action and lacked something else. Also, that Yuri seen.
    Why we no get a kiss between Megumi and Madoka? :( We got the other two but not this one. Darn it Lon! Why'd you have to mess it up! >_:) And we have Time, me and that Lupin 3rd vs. Detective Conan special to thank for this. >:) (Since she's a Case Closed fan)

@Mafiacow: The dub of Cardcaptors wasn't cut off like MMP. All of cardcaptors is dubbed and I watched it all (anime itself not the movies) on Kids WB years back. (Even though I don't remember much of the 2nd season nor the ending sadly I know the WB aired the S2) The second season features
    her having to turn all the clow cards into the Sakura card otherwise all the cards will rampage and go out of control or be lost, I forget which.

Shame on me! >_< How could I forget about the Maid!? Anyway no I was referring to a character named
    Rika. Have you come across her yet?

What!? o_o Why the -_- face for how long you've spent watching anime? That's pretty good imo. :)

Btw, I'll have to respond to your PM when I get a chance, a LOT going on so it might be a couple more days before I can respond to it if I can't find the time later tonight. Sorry for the wait.

@Metazoxan: OH! That girl and her brother. Yeah, I got her and Akiza mixed up. Ok so Akiza never had a brother but that other girl did. Right yeah he actually was mentioned as you said, we never saw him though and now I can say that THAT was a BAD edit. Really in the dub it's as you said, he was sent away where in the sub you said he died. :(

Ok first I LIKE their "cheesy" catch phrases. Let's rev it up! Get your game on! It's time to duel! (The latter is actually many peoples' CP in the anime) but hearing they altered their personality is where I draw the line! Ho-How bad were they over written?

I don't mind to a certain extent. I mean I'm a dub lover myself but I also love subs too. Its just with subs I have to rewind like crazy depending on how fast the text disappears, plus pause for translator notes. -_- So I try and only watch the dub to save time. However, up until this year when Toonami said they were airing for the 1st time Naruto uncut/unedited, I had no idea all those times when it switched to the sky that THAT was a blasted edit/censor. Talk about a waste of my life. -_- I would have much preferred the none edit/none censor version. Saw pics of Naruto having blood cme out o his mouth each time Sakura punched him where as the ones Toonami aired years back removed that. BAH! I HATE editing/censoring and theres very few things I hate in this world. :mad: Anyway, sorry rant over. It's doubtful I'd watch the sub due to the reason I said. Plus I won't re-watch something I've already seen once before but I mean it when I say thank you SOOOO MUCH for letting me know all of this. It means a lot to me to know this so really thank you Meta. :)

Hey can someone PLEASE either take the license away from 4kids from all their anime or take over 4Kids and just dub them the RIGHT WAY without edits/censoring? -_-

@Meta & Mafia: Been a lot going on. If I missed anything please let me know. lol

6. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Finally my friends will stop telling me to watch SAO

Today (9)
    Monogatari Series: Second Season ep. 20
    Sword Art Online ep. 25
    Sword Art Online ep. 24
    Sword Art Online ep. 23
    Sword Art Online ep. 22
    Sword Art Online ep. 21
    Sword Art Online ep. 20
    Little Busters!: Refrain ep. 7
    Log Horizon ep. 7

Yesterday (8)
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 35
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 34
    Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. ep. 7
    Strike the Blood ep. 7
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 33
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 32
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 31
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 30

Thursday (12)
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 29
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 28
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 27
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 26
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 25
    Kill la Kill ep. 7
    Bleach ep. 322
    Bleach ep. 321
    Bleach ep. 320
    Bleach ep. 319
    Bleach ep. 318
    Bleach ep. 317

Has anyone seen Zetman? If someone did saw Zetman is it better dub or sub?

7. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just marathoned through Level E. Sure was entertaining, no masterpiece, but I never got bored during it that's for sure.

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    So... my Facebook feed gave me some spoilers for Monogatari today... Hopefully I'll be able to forget about them by the time I watch it. Which reminds me...
    @Sir-Maddy Would you be the one to ask about this? After this newest Monogatari finishes, how long do you reckon it'd be until there was a batch by Coalgirls? (Just that that's the sub I've used for Bake, Nise, and Neko, and I'm afraid of change) Or do you think I should just start grabbing it now in its non-batched form?

@Natsuru-san
    1. Yeah, I know it was completed. I was just calling it a "cut-dub" cause of how scenes and stuff were cut up and stuck back together. I looked at the spoiler to see if I remembered anything like that, which I didn't to the slightest mention, so I think I'mma be out of nostalgias at the end of S1.
    2. Lols, smooth. Yeah, I'm a little over half way through, so that character has been doing their eccentrically-perverse thing. XD
    3. The "-_-" was due to the fact that I was enraged that all that stood between me and one month (/four weeks) of anime watched was one. Effing. Minute. One can not simply plan something like that.
    4. Yeah, now worries about the late reply.

Anyaway, today's watching was partially blocked by a day trip to some markets (and JB) with my parents, and by more BlazBlue playing. I have concluded that either Nu-13 is just a tough enemy, or that I just suck at Ragna, due to beating Carl with Noel without taking a hit. (Though I did beat Taokaka with Ragna first shot...)

Haganai. Ep 7.
    Eureka Seven. Ep 24.
    Naruto. Ep 57.
    One Piece. Ep 177.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @natsu-dragneel, I've watched zetman and all I can say is that it was incredibly average. I watched it while it was airing, and since it was nothing too impressive I didn't bother with the dub. Censoring some of the death scenes, and an almost complete cast of bland characters [apart form the two MC's] helps to make this show nothing that great. From what I remember I only liked the MC and that was because he wasn't absolutely pathetic.
    Honestly unless you're a huge fan of people transforming into creatures I'd probably advise people to not watch this show, this is another of those 'the manga is much better' shows that you can agree with without even having read the manga [like myself].

Anyway I am still watching Gintama' and so far I've seen 39 eps of this season, and loving it just as much as the first season now. That Sket Dance cross over has made me want to watch it even more now which I already had planned on doing once I finish this series, and not to mention that any screen time the shogun gets is nothing but hilarious. I wish this show could go on forever.

10. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I've just started watching Kill Me Baby and Steins;Gate.

11. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Today (19)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Second ep. 14
    Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Decolora Adventure ep. 17
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 51
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 50
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 49
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 48
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 47
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 46
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 45
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 44
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 43
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 42
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 41
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 40
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 39
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 38
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 37
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 36
    Magi: The Kingdom of Magic ep. 7

Now to start Zetman

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @Mafiacow Just start watching it in it's non-batched form.

13. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Okay, thanks Maddy.

Haganai. Ep 8. I find it interesting how (very minor spoiler)
    They are perfectly happy to show top-half nudity of the lolis, but aren't so much to show top-half nudity of the trap. Shouldn't it be more socially acceptable?
    Naruto. Ep 58.
    One Piece. Ep 178.
    A Certain Magical Index. Eps 1, 2, 3, 4. I managed to get Rushi addicted to this one now, which is good. But what's not good is that he insists on watching the dub (despite my telling that the JP voices are better), and the English voices are painful to my ears in comparison.

14. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    Finished:
    Maken-ki!
    SAO part 4

Starting:
    Btoom!
    Girls und Panzer

15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Finished the Calamity Trigger campaign of BlazBlue. And wow, they compressed all dat story into the first two episodes?? And I find it strange that after I thrash Hakumen's arse the first time, he gets back up, is weakened by Kokonoe's thing, I'm all hyped up from the Grimoire thing, and yet he kicks my arse repeatedly...

Haganai. Ep 9.
    Naruto. Ep 59.
    One Piece. Ep 179.

16. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Watched Pokémon Origins ep 2... *sniff* Never has the Cubone/it's mother story ever been so dang touching and sad. I liked to cried a few times. *Sniff* Ep 3 and 4, oh I wonder how they're going to go about em.

@Mafia: Sounds like you like that character then. >:) As do I. >:) hehe

Uh, did you set a goal and not reach it due to that 1 min or something? o_O I don't get why your upset about it?

Haganai. Ep 8. I find it interesting how (very minor spoiler)

Spoiler:

They are perfectly happy to show top-half nudity of the lolis, but aren’t so much to show top-half nudity of the trap. Shouldn’t it be more socially acceptable?

Anyone who knows me knows I love gender benders/traps/cross dressers and the like. As such I've spent a lot of time researching them amounst others and I can say even outside of anime people, no, rather Society treats those people like crap. SO yeah Mafia, it all should be more socially acceptable  however it sadly isn't. :( However, it is my believe that the more people who accept them, the more things'll get better for them. As to the anime itself. I didn't think anything of that scene except it was used as comedy/to improve the trap factor. A similar scene happens in Baka & Test. >:)

17. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    @Natsuru-san Yeah, I'm finding most of the characters likeable, with Sena being my favourite. Though, probably the only character I'm finding a bit dislikeable would be Yozora, I just don't really like her.
    That one minute thing was because of My Mission, where I decided I needed to bring my AP total up to a month by yesterday. It actually only ended up at four weeks cause only Feb has a plain four weeks rather than what I think is a month's average number of days. I was aiming for a twelfth of the year spent on anime, but ended up with a thirteenth, which I like better cause thirteen is my favourite number.
    In response to your spoiler
    I was just more thinking along the lines of how it's commonplace for boys to only wear swimming trunks (thus being top-half naked), yet they didn't do it with him even though the nun and whatshisface's sister have been shown naked (which I think is just creepy).
    From my vague vague memory of being considered (in newer-day terms) as trap-like as a kid, pretty much all I remember was being annoyed that people kept misrecognising as a girl.
    Oh, and when you said research, I just remembered this thing I made about a year ago. XD (P.S. Not the content of research, just the word)

Haganai. Ep 10.
    Naruto. Ep 60.
    One Piece. Ep 180.
    TMoHS. Broadcast order, ep 1: "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina". Started Haruhi again today cause it's exactly a year since I first started it. This time in Japanese so I can compare the voices between dub and sub. So far, Mikuru and Haruhi sound better, Kyon and Koizumi sound worse, and Yuki sounds just as good. Watching it on the big screen now (rather than my laptop) with the actually awesome Deluxe Complete Collection DVD. The neat thing about it is that for season one, it's got them on separate DVDs for broadcast order and chronological order. I'm so uber psyched for this!! ^w^

18. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just saw the Fairy Tail movie in English. It was pretty good! :)

19. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    watching , Golden times and Kyoukai no Kanata. Both pretty good, nice detailed animation! Awesome art work as well :p

20. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Today (15)
    Zetman ep. 13
    Zetman ep. 12
    Zetman ep. 11
    Zetman ep. 10
    Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru ep. 7
    Zetman ep. 9
    Zetman ep. 8
    Zetman ep. 7
    Zetman ep. 6 Edit 12 hours ago
    Zetman ep. 5
    Zetman ep. 4
    Zetman ep. 3
    Zetman ep. 2
    Zetman ep. 1
    Kyoukai no Kanata ep. 8

Yesterday (1)
    BlazBlue: Alter Memory ep. 7