Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    So I started on "The Galaxy Railways". Only one episode done but I can already say that this one seems really unique. Trains in space. Yeah. Trains...in space. Oh yeah and one of them had battleship looking cannons and was shooting stuff in cool space explosion stuff. Hopefully the characters are going to be likeable as the show goes on.

2. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Watched Canaan, pretty awesome for what it was, and the synesthesia was really neat.

3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Dropped Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I wish it was more serious. I was told i should turn my mind off and just watch it, but i can't. The best character died and they never put anyone as good as him in return. Nor did they make the show better after his death. I kept telling myself i'll finish it, just because many people said it's so good, but i just can't get myself to watch anymore. 5/10 because of the good characters.

Started Great Teacher Onizuka as replacement.

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today (5)
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... ep. 8
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In the Distance, That Day, When the Star Became Music... ep. 7
    Love Lab ep. 8
    Teekyuu 2 ep. 8
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation ep. 7

Damn, another Symphogear cliffhanger.

5. SoulEater Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Starting 3rd episode of Another, rewatching Howl's Moving Castle and watching the Gaiden OVA series to Darker Than Black.

Another is proving to be very intriguing so far with all the dolls and horror and all. The Gaiden OVA series is good so far, but considering I've heard bad things about the 2nd season there is a chance I may not watch it.

6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    I'm nearing the end of Ghost Hunt, enjoying it quite a bit.

7. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Dropped Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I wish it was more serious. I was told i should turn my mind off and just watch it, but i can’t. The best character died and they never put anyone as good as him in return. Nor did they make the show better after his death. I kept telling myself i’ll finish it, just because many people said it’s so good, but i just can’t get myself to watch anymore. 5/10 because of the good characters.

@Batosai So I wasn't the only one unsatisfied with this one. I really thought I was the only one. I gave it more of a benefit of a doubt, a 6-7 but only because the whole over the top characters. Oh well at least we get GIGA DRILLL BREAKERRRRRR out of it.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Starting 3rd episode of Another, rewatching Howl’s Moving Castle and watching the Gaiden OVA series to Darker Than Black.

Another is proving to be very intriguing so far with all the dolls and horror and all. The Gaiden OVA series is good so far, but considering I’ve heard bad things about the 2nd season there is a chance I may not watch it.

If you watch Darker than Black, you will have to watch it all. 2nd season isn't that bad. I still enjoyed it alot. From what i've heard the biggest part people can't get over is how Hei changed. But that has a very good reason. I think if they ever made a 3rd season it would change people's opinions drastically. @SoulEater

Batosai wrote:
    Dropped Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I wish it was more serious. I was told i should turn my mind off and just watch it, but i can’t. The best character died and they never put anyone as good as him in return. Nor did they make the show better after his death. I kept telling myself i’ll finish it, just because many people said it’s so good, but i just can’t get myself to watch anymore. 5/10 because of the good characters.

@Batosai So I wasn’t the only one unsatisfied with this one. I really thought I was the only one. I gave it more of a benefit of a doubt, a 6-7 but only because the whole over the top characters. Oh well at least we get GIGA DRILLL BREAKERRRRRR out of it.

lol and i also thought i was the only one.
    I enjoyed when Kamina was still there, but after his death i couldn't find anything enjoyable anymore.
    Well the beach episode was fun. @Doomguy

9. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just got done watching Blood Lad episode 8 and Highschool DxD New episode 8.

10. Marhuto Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Watching Darker Than Black.

11. Kiri Retired staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Daganronpa - 8
    Kiniro Mosaic - 3
    AoT - 20
    TWGOK - 7
    Watamote - 7
    RailgunS - 19
    SAO* - 4
    Soul Eater* - 27
    Bleach* - 312

*I'm wathing these as they air on Toonami

12. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    watched Highschool of the Dead: Drifters of the Dead (Dub) I watched the sub a while back btw.

EDIT: Yes they finally dubbed the OVA. And if you're wondering, yes she still says to be continued in season 2 and all that good stuff. So, maybe there's still hope for a HOTD S2 after all.

13. Tsuyushi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since I recently started to collect pokemon cards again (random nostalgic urge) I've decided to begin watching the anime from the beginning. I have no idea how much of it I saw as a kid, I know I saw A LOT of episodes. But I have no knowledge of the more recent series so it should be fun :)

14. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Finished Full Moon wo Sagashite. I gotta hand it to this anime, the beginning was very difficult to become invested in, but the ending was absolutely fantastic. I'm 99% sure this anime is dubbed, so this is going to get a review one day, but I did watch it subbed. Sure, there were some inconsistencies that just don't make sense, but you can't fault the anime for trying as it did evoke a pretty powerful emotional response from me. Solid 9/10.

I may just watch whatever is available for Blood Lad, and that'll be the end of my summer anime binge. It was a good run this year, but next year is going to be even better!

15. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Finished S1 of Shakugan no Shana and have just watched S2 ep 1. In coming rant here. I HATE that they started it off with a dang recap though it was done with a new character/had a meaning to it I still hate seeing recaps like this. On top of that ALL or just about every single character had DIFFERENT VA! Yeah, I HATE their new voices, only Shana's new voice sounds remotely like her old one and all their old voices were WAY BETTER! Their new voices don't even MATCH the characters. (Watching the dub fyi) All that on top of questioning whether to continue watching this anime or not.

Really why in the HELL did they replace all the VA? It doesn't make ANY dang sense whatsoever! I want to know what the hell they were thinking/doing when they did that crappy move!? So if anyone knows, please tell me. Thanks. With all that said, rant over. Unbelievable! -_-

16. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Finished S1 of Shakugan no Shana and have just watched S2 ep 1. In coming rant here. I HATE that they started it off with a dang recap though it was done with a new character/had a meaning to it I still hate seeing recaps like this. On top of that ALL or just about every single character had DIFFERENT VA! Yeah, I HATE their new voices, only Shana’s new voice sounds remotely like her old one and all their old voices were WAY BETTER! Their new voices don’t even MATCH the characters. (Watching the dub fyi) All that on top of questioning whether to continue watching this anime or not.

Really why in the HELL did they replace all the VA? It doesn’t make ANY dang sense whatsoever! I want to know what the hell they were thinking/doing when they did that crappy move!? So if anyone knows, please tell me. Thanks. With all that said, rant over. Unbelievable! -_-

@natsuru-san What the heck what a coincidence I started rewatching the whole series today! About the voice actors if I understand it the second and third saga were dubbed way after the first saga. I guess they didn't want to bother to bring the old cast along from the previous group (Funimation picked up the license from...someone forgot the name). If I remember correctly I think the second saga focused more on the school aspect of things with a little less action. I don't know if the change of pace would suit you more or not. Or is it that the new voice actors were so bad you couldn't take it anymore? I know that feeling (I'm looking at you DBZ!)

17. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Doomguy: If that's what really happened then makes sense but also doesn't. I mean why the long wait to dub S2&3 in the first place? SURELY it couldn't have been the awesome VA's fault in S1 if sales etc. were the prob? Which makes me wonder the company that had it before musta been in trouble or something. I dunno. I just wish I knew what happened for sure and WHY they switched all the VA? It's insane. Why do that and RUIN their voices/the characters/anime like that? And actually the new voices certainly didn't help but it's just, here we have an anime which can be a LOT better, I like it but there are times when I don't due to how the show has progressed so far. It's slowly progressing, not a bad thing but come on Yuji! ERRR!!! And they call ME dense! sheesh! So yeah, in all fairness the 1st ep was mostly a recap of events (Or half of it anyway) so I'll give it 1 more ep and go from there. (Maybe 2 because of the preview for next ep) and hearing there's less action isn't good imo.

18. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    All I know for sure @natsuru-san was that Funimation didn't want to go out of there way to hire the original cast and instead went with the ones they already had under their payroll. It doesn't make much sense to me either since the cost couldn't have been that much of a difference (this is Funimation we're talking about, these guys have there hands on everything).

You want to be even more confused? An older and lesser known series called Slayers had 3 seasons made with the same cast for a quite a few years. Now fast forward to the present and Funimation got the license for the Slayers series. The 2 new sequels were dubbed way after the original 3 seasons but had the SAME actors for the main cast. Only one of them couldn't get on board but he wasn't necessarily the main character so no big deal. Stranger still was that the huge time gap between the first 3 dubs and the last 2 was actually noticeable. It was obvious that the huge time that was elapsed between them gave the voice actors the extra experience to make them really stand out on the later dubs. Crispen Freemen wasn't exactly a household name early on voicing one of the main characters, but later on bringing him back was a great idea since it was obvious that he was a pro at this point.

Not a good decision made with Shakugan no Shana I agree. Unless the original guys were terrible (which they weren't), they should have taken the effort to remain faithful with the original cast. Anyway I thought the first season was really great. The second season (I saw subbed from here on out) was not the same quality but overall good enough. The final season though...oh hell no. I hate to say it but what the heck happen here I don't know. I'm rewatching the whole series with my brother because I wanted his opinion on the show.

Halfway done with the first season of Shana and he thinks the potential of the show is excellent.
    Wow wall of text!

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Watched 1 episode of the double released eps of Naruto Shippuden. This was the first anime episode i watched in 3 days.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today (12)
    Gin no Saji ep. 8
    Gin no Saji ep. 7
    Gin no Saji ep. 6
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou ep. 8
    Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou ep. 7
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya ep. 8
    Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu ep. 9
    Love Lab ep. 9