Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Last night i watched 11 episodes of Bamboo Blade and finished that anime. All in all a very good series.

2. Dcmac Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Recently finished watching the second season of Oreimo and Evangelion 3.0. I'm currently watching Kimi no Iru Machi, Bakemonogatari, Attack on Titan, Valvrave, and Watashi ga Motenai.

3. Nonononoki Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +11 / 1 / -0
    Finished Special A - quite an entertaining anime ;D

What to watch now...?

4. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight I hope you are watching the way author wanted it to be seen (On DT 2009 title). Otherwise I can totally understand why you dislike it so much. Endless Eight is worth fast-forwarding btw.

And as for Uchuu Kyoudai... I saw that piece of cake coming when they started the flashback :D But it was funny how she tricked him when he was a kid lol

Last episode was so great that I personally myself opened the discussion thread on MAL ^^ First time doing this :D

5. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay so have a few things to mention this time round to mention.

I started the melancholy of haruhi and I have to say I’m not really a fan, I get that it is a slice of life and school based fun show with the premise of entertaining god but meh it kind of bored me. I wasn’t even paying full attention to it as I played a game whilst watching it but some of those voices too. I just dislike moe blobs that do nothing but take up space, that being said I did however like the characters of Kyon and esper definitely my favourite part of the show and her powers are pretty helpful to, well also the 2nd seasons OP. I currently have 5 eps to go for the 2nd season but I don’t feel like watching it for a while endless 8 was too much even though I wasn’t paying full attention to it. I rated it a 6 and currently probably a 5 for the 2nd one, come at me Haruhi lovers I’ve been preparing for your hatred.

@Ovyda, I caught up to Uchuu Kyoudai finally, great series it has to be one of my favourites I’ve seen by now easy 10. Newest plot twist, wow really I didn’t see that coming until that phone call of lesser importance occurred. Now I need to wait each week for this newest ep too, It’s a piece of cake.

And now I’ve started Rainbow like I said I would, and 2 eps in and wow. Immorality, abusive, violent, this show really starts out strong and even before the first episode starts a disclaimer about its explicit scenes is displayed, hell yeah this should only be able to get better.

It was alright when I watched it.

6. DemonEyesJoe Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @wampa

i decided to follow it with a the world god only knows becasue there is nothing i have in my to-watch that could possibly follow-up that show, so i just diverged completely from the genre, however, i have a strong urge to wear a lab coat and do google searches on time travel and john titor for some inexplicable reason now...

also, i need another amazing super natural anime, thats on par with Steins gate, Death Note, Code geass, and the likes, thats has to be some other SSS-Class anime out there.

@minisets should be proud

7. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Well I just finished Baccano, and still confused now I need to read the light novels and the manga if it has one.

Currently watching Needless which I really like almost done 2 more episodes then the specials.

8. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today I watched Sword of the Stranger on Blu-Ray.
    I really liked it.

9. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Started One Outs just now. Interesting first ep so gonna watch ep 2 now.

10. plantkingman Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Currently found and watching Brain Powered.

11. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Today (2)
    Shingeki no Kyojin ep. 15
    Monogatari Series: Second Season ep. 3

Yesterday (7)
    D.Gray-man ep. 9
    D.Gray-man ep. 8
    D.Gray-man ep. 7
    D.Gray-man ep. 6
    D.Gray-man ep. 5
    Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation ep. 2
    Love Lab ep. 3

Thursday (5)
    D.Gray-man ep. 4
    D.Gray-man ep. 3
    D.Gray-man ep. 2
    D.Gray-man ep. 1
    Tamayura: More Aggressive ep. 3

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    @Natsu-Dragneel, how you liking DGM so far?

Watched 3 eps of One Outs, 1 of Space Brothers and 1 of Danganronpa.

13. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    9 episodes of Btooom! and i've got to admit i've struggled a lot with this anime.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    ^ Weird, I loved Btooom, everything about it from the characters to the way the plot continued. I honestly want more of it as there can easily be a 2nd season.

I hope you are watching the way author wanted it to be seen (On DT 2009 title). Otherwise I can totally understand why you dislike it so much. Endless Eight is worth fast-forwarding btw.

And as for Uchuu Kyoudai… I saw that piece of cake coming when they started the flashback But it was funny how she tricked him when he was a kid lol

Last episode was so great that I personally myself opened the discussion thread on MAL ^^ First time doing this

Not sure what you meant @Ovyda by which way the author wanted it, probably by broadcast order right? Nah I didn't, I watched it via a DVD copy and placed the first disc in which meant that I was watching it chronologically. Well regardless considering some of the characters I still wouldn't of found it much better. I cheated while "watching" Haruhi anyway, I was playing a game for the same amount of time I watched it so my attention was maybe 40% ish towards it.
    Piece of cake, yeah kind of obvious when it was the title of the episode but still great, this series I swear, probably the best online recommendation I've received. Well time to start our discussion of it on here in Bato's thread.

I am still watching Rainbow, now 8 eps through and holy shit this has been one hell of a show already, it almost has every adult theme included at this stage and then some great strong moments about friendship too. Plus some of its sound track, seinen lovers I would recommend this show to all of you.

15. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight people who watched out of order were confused, people who watched chronologically enjoyed, people who watched the way author wanted - LOVED.

How to watch that you can check on DT (2009) version. I even included MAL link in the summary for proof. Both seasons are mixed up and thus it doesn't give you the full joy as it could.

16. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^ Weird, I loved Btooom, everything about it from the characters to the way the plot continued. I honestly want more of it as there can easily be a 2nd season.

It all comes down to the fact that i find any sort of violence towards women so absolutely abhorrent (rape in particular i find the most despicable of any act one could do to another) that even the mere depiction of it is enough to generate intense feelings of boiling anger and utter despair that it kind prevents me from fully enjoying the rest of the anime. It's been, what, 18/19 hours and a sleep since i watched episode 2 of this series and i'm still feeling the effect it's had on me very strongly.

Having said all that i can appricate that it is a very well written anime and i probably will rate it highly at the end (provided it doesn't screw up in any major way) for it's technical achievements but i certainly haven't enjoyed this watch nor will i likely be watching it again. In a way it's sort of like School Days for me.

17. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Completed Cowboy Bepop. Adding thoughts in Rate thread.

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
  19. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    As you wish.

20. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @Batosai I'm enjoying it so far, I'm going a little slow since I'm downloading the anime that I'll watch along with D.Gray-man. Anyway:

Today (2)
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya ep. 3
    Blood Lad ep. 3

Last Week (40)
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi ep. 3 (I kinda cried)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal ep. 70
    Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Episode N ep. 14