Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. urayamashi Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I see a TRIGGER pattern coming. Why not watch TRIGGER animes then and who knows maybe you can marathon another studio's anime like a maniac (insert some ironic meme so I can put my finished anime in the next paragraph).

Wandering Witch - whole season is such a rollercoaster like (dude make up your mind is this anime cute? is it gore? wholesome? choose a lane already) well atleast you have a cute protagonist which I have no complaints. Now where is my comfort pillow.

2. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    After finishing BNA... I decided to just watch another Netflix one that doesn't have more than one season.

That of course being... Little Witch Academia. Of course... I have to watch the 'movies' first because they came first. I'll probably watch the actual 'series' next week.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well been a while since I've posted here. I haven't finished anything besides new releases recently. However, two days ago I got to see Kimetsu no Yaiba's movie in cinemas. Good experience. 8/10 because thats what I gave the series. Budget well spent I'd say.
    My only thoughts about the movie were
    "HOLY SHIT"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Double post
    Well Don't mind me quoting myself. I had to go back and find when I first started watching Yuu Yuu Hakusho. And that comment didn't exactly age all that well. It took me a year and seven months to get through 112 episodes. Ouch. Terrible just a terrible effort.
    The arcs grew tiresome and started to feel very long. The final 30 episodes took at least 6 months for me to continue. I really wanted to like this show but ugh. I did have some good times but the dark tournament arc was where I started to dislike it. The final tournament wasn't all that good either.
    I decided to be generous and give it a 6 since I still liked the cast. I still think it was better than Bleach too. Maybe now I'll finally continue watching Idolm@ster.

Man 2020 flew by, where did it go........
    "oh a fox girl singing scatman, yeah I'll click that. Why not"

5. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The Promised Neverland S2 began on Toonami this past weekend (english dubbed)

All I've heard... is bad things. Even the writers wanted to abandon ship. That's... not a good sign...

I guess I'll be finding out for myself one way or another

6. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I started watching Death Parade today.

I can't say much about it just yet. But I'll say it'd definitely interesting and unique so far.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I meant to see that, but didn't get around to it. I guess I'll wait for the bluray.
    Nice. Loved that one.

8. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    After finally finishing Fairy Tail and it's movies... I've decided to dive into some simuldubs myself as well.

Starting off with Wonder Egg Priority and the InuYasha sequel (Yashashime or however you spell it because it's hard to spell lol)

I'm not sure how long I'll do this though honestly because there hasn't exactly been a lot of simuldubs I'm all that interested in

i'm totally not stalling until TWEWY simuldub starts

9. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    MHA S5 started on Toonami last night. I can never get enough of this series.

10. DubAnimeLover Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Dr. Stone S2 (Stone Wars) started on Toonami last night. I love this anime quite a lot :D

11. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Two days ago i finished the Saekano movie (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Fine), and I gotta say I was heavily disappointed. I've been a fan of the show since the first service episode from season 1, but A-1 Pictures really messed up giving the show to their subsidiary Clover Works. Anything this studio touches turns out bad, and I'm not saying this as an A-1 hater (which I am), but as an animation fan.

When watching the movie the moment I saw "Clover Works" in the opening, I got so worried and went straight to complain to my friend of the trainwreck I was going to experience. Continuing on with the movie, it was not as bad as I expected to get, but it was a worse experience than I imagined getting. Watching the movie was a grueling experience as the animation was very limited to stay with the character designs and not look terrible. However, one of the great aspects of Saekano, was the very well animated comedic close ups, which Clover Works tried to mimic, but after realizing it was extremely choppy in the foot kicking scene, they decided to pull away from that and left the characters talking. But that itself was ok, there was another thing the show is known for, and that was the close up color palette changes used for comedy and important bits No can do, the directing was so bad, the scenes felt like they were being used randomly and didn't pull me into the show at all. So what is left with what Clover Works has done? What's left was the storyboarding and the story...well, while the story was intriguing, the storyboarding was so dull, and pair that up with the crappy directing, and you got the most boring movie i watched since Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai (I want to Eat Your Pancreas). The animation was so limited, and the camera barely moved, making a very boring movie...that was, until the ending!

Near the end of the movie, the best way to describe is when Yasuno Kiyono (Katou Megumi) gets a character song to play in the show, the movie suddenly got way more entertaining. Now why was this you ask? The directing and storyboarding became as they were with the show? It was as if, most of the movie was done by Clover Works, then the very end was done in A-1. Not what I would have liked to see, but it was better than watching the main movie. Then just when I was writing my review of the movie as the Haruna Luna ending song played, an after credit scene appeared.

The after credit scene was as if everything prior was a bad dream, and almost got me to raise the score of the movie. While the end of the movie was slowly creeping into the usual A-1 show style, the after credit scene was it 1:1. The directing was on point, the storyboarding was entertaining, and the comedy was wonderful again, hitting the mark with the jokes everytime. It was way better than the movie, and I wish it was separated so I could have given it a better rating.

Overall and all, 6/10 movie
    The VAs were amazing throughout the entire movie, but not even they could save the movie from being boring.

And thus another reason for me to avoid everything Clover Works touches.

Other than that, I think imma get back to my Precure watch, been trying to watch all of them since the beginning of this year.

12. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Hey, sure that Neverland S2 was steaming garbage and I don't know anything else about them, but Bunny Girl Senpai was amazing!

13. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I beg to differ lol

14. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    You didn't like Bunny Girl Senpai??

15. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not at all. I watched it cause many people kept saying to watch it. I started it, and only saw the faults with the writing, animation on part of Clover Works and oddly done storyboarding and sound design.

16. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Huh. I thought it was a masterpiece.

17. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I was honestly disappointed that I didnt enjoy it more.

18. Renegade30

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I finished watching all of Fairy Tail and Wise Man's Grandchild and The God of High School, Noblesse, and currently watching World Break Aria....

19. urayamashi Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Currently warching Shadow's House. 5 episodes in and it feels like something you can see in a video game but after a short research it isn't. It has a nice concept how of how the anime works and what it's about so to me it is highly recommended for some chill and mind puzzles or excercise (i dunno). Hope there will be season 2 after it finished within 13 episodes.

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I'm not sure if I've ever posted that I started Hunter x Hunter 2011. I've so far seen 1/3 of it and I can say I'm definitely liking it more than Hakusho at this stage. I went against watching the original one first, which was my main reason for not starting this franchise. I wanted to watch the older one but realised I'd never start it then. Been fun. I prefer when the series is darker and they just straight up kill people. Good shounen vibes.