Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Finished the OVA and episode 4 of Tamayura, pretty interesting if you ask me

2. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh i love that anime! It's so touching.

3. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:

Oh i love that anime! It’s so touching.

I'm enjoying the anime, I've just finished episode 8. Glad I decided to watch the anime before the second season is released and before I watch some crazy anime

4. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    4 episodes of Shiki done tonight instead of a full 9 or 10 thanks to my housemates being utter wankers!

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    ^ When you finish it Blurred, can you make sure to use the @ function to get my attention as I would like to know how good this show is without spoilers as I still can't quite get myself to watch it yet. I don't know I think I am just waiting for something to give me the extra push.

In relevant news to the thread now, I have just finished my first ever viewing of Monster and I have to say it was great, those characters, that situation, hell the way the story progressed by seemingly jumping around was all excellent and I am glad I finally started it. Thanks BK, you saying you started it made me start if for some reason and I thank you for that since this was really a must watch for me.

By the end I liked almost every character, yes that even includes Eva and Johan which is surprising [esp Eva since I really hated her to begin with]. I ended up rating it a 9 because even though it was that good at times it did get a little harder to watch due to necessary pacing. So while I agree that it is a masterpiece personal enjoyment made me rate it only a 9 [partly my fault for taking a half forced break].

Now once I catch up my weeklies from the last 2 days, and the movie that was just released too Nerawareta Gakuen I can finally get back to Uchuu Kyoudai.

6. GreatOak Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just finished Darker Then Black, now for the special, then on to season two!

7. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Finished Aiura, Girls und Panzer specials and Tamayura Hitotose, gonna watch the special soon and after that start watching Sankarea

8. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^ When you finish it Blurred, can you make sure to use the @ function to get my attention as I would like to know how good this show is without spoilers as I still can’t quite get myself to watch it yet. I don’t know I think I am just waiting for something to give me the extra push.

Will do dude!

Finished Aiura, Girls und Panzer specials and Tamayura Hitotose, gonna watch the special soon and after that start watching Sankarea

Final thoughts on Tamayura man? Also did you enjoy Girls und Panzer? I thought that was a really fun and excellent anime!

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Did not have the chance to watch anime for a bit. Some weird media player issues I needed to fix (got it!). I'll edit in my impressions of the start of Soukou no Strain if I feel like it. Girls und Panzer...I need to add that one to my list, I keep forgetting.

10. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Dang, my dad took me to work when I was about to start the Tamayura special, took 6 ours to finish and now I'll finally start, that and I also watched the two Senran Kagura specials.

@blurredexistence The anime was fun, I have to thank the summer chart for having the second season of the anime and caught my attention. Good comedy, nice moe characters and the story was great, I gave the anime a 9/10 in MAL

11. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    9 more episodes of Shiki done.

@Supernatural-Knight: If you're fine with a halfway done preliminary opinion then so far this anime has been very good and it looks like i'm going to be rating it very highly. It's got a rather unique take on the whole vampire thing and yet is doing it with all the classic rules in place (no twinkly sparkly vamps are these) which you don't get a lot of these days and so makes it even more interesting. The artwork's rather unique (tho i'm sure i've seen something like it before... tho i can't place in what anime) and the voice acting is top notch (i recognise quite a few of the voices). I'd definitely say it's worth the watch man, but again i'm only halfway thru it's possible they throw it all away at the end.

@Natsu-Dragneel: I'm glad you enjoyed it man. I do feel it's one of those unique lovely animes you come across every now and again. Soft and warm like a good hug.

12. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Today (7)
    Aiura ep. 12 [COMPLETED]
    Yuyushiki ep. 12 [COMPLETED]
    Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:1 Ghost Pain ep. 1 [COMPLETED]
    Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Kirameki no... Slapstick Noel ep. 1 [COMPLETED]
    Girls und Panzer Specials ep. 6 [COMPLETED]
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu ep. 12 [COMPLETED]
    Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu ep. 11

I want a new season of Yuyushiki now.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Blurredexistence, I'm fine with a progress report, and judging by things it is exactly what I thought it'd be like. I know it is a dark tale which is what I thrive for in anime and unique artwork makes me all the more intrigued since I like odd animation uses too. But I do have to ask, top notch voice acting do you mean the dub or sub? I'm more hesitant to watch newer dubs since I hate the use of "teenager slang" which has been becoming ever more present with newer releases, also dub vs sub is a large debate everywhere so yeah I like to be as well informed as possible without spoilers.

@sir-maddy, weirdly enough I actually agree, I could go for a 2nd season of Yuyushiki now too. It is by no means within my expected range since its genres are nowhere near what I prefer but even still for god knows why I actually enjoyed it.
    Probably had something to do with the fact that even though it was an all female cast there was basically no fanservice included, well and my expectations were really low for it.

14. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But I do have to ask, top notch voice acting do you mean the dub or sub? I’m more hesitant to watch newer dubs since I hate the use of “teenager slang” which has been becoming ever more present with newer releases, also dub vs sub is a large debate everywhere so yeah I like to be as well informed as possible without spoilers.

@Supernatural-Knight: I'm talking about the dub, i wouldn't comment on sub voice acting as i believe it's impossible for a non-Japanese speaker to properly discern whether it's good or not (altho i suppose it is possible to have an opinion upon whether a voice suits a character or not). As for "teenager slang" i haven't encountered anything like that in this... or at least i don't think i have. The setting is a rather isolated village so i reckon such things would be inappropriate anyway, so it's incredibly unlikely. As for subs verses dubs i do tend to verge on the subbed side of things but every now and again i throw a dub into my routine to either give me a rest (particularly after a very long subbed series) or if i've been told it's a particularly good cast.

15. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    After finishing Soukou no Strain in one day which was good, I then saw 3 episodes of Haganai. No comment yet on that one.

16 episodes in one day! I broke my personal record of 13! If I had my house and giant tv to myself I would probably top that if I plan ahead and download a series beforehand. I got to try that one day, sprawl out on the sofa and watch anime all day long.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I had no internet for a while and I was forced to watch OniAi early, I finished the anime and the specials very entertaining and somehow I wish for a second season, I also finished Yuyushiki and like some of you I want a second season.

Time to finally start Sankarea

17. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    7 more episodes of Shiki done and sod me this anime is bloody good!

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    @sir-maddy, weirdly enough I actually agree, I could go for a 2nd season of Yuyushiki now too. It is by no means within my expected range since its genres are nowhere near what I prefer but even still for god knows why I actually enjoyed it.
    Probably had something to do with the fact that even though it was an all female cast there was basically no fanservice included, well and my expectations were really low for it.

Glad you agree with me, though apparently it's not doing well in Japan.

Today (3)
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. ep. 11
    Mushibugyou ep. 12
    Aku no Hana ep. 12

This wasn't necessary.

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @blurredexistence, I see so you are watching the dub hmm, I tend to watch most of the darker anime in sub now as I do think that the emotional portrayal of the events playing out before them are done much better in Japanese unless I'm told otherwise, although it could just be that because I don't understand the language their fluctuations in tone appear to give off a better vibe to the scene. So no teen slang, thats good, though it probably wont matter if I watch the sub since fansubbers don't really include it as much as the new scripts do, but it would make sense that an isolated village be without that type of communication.

@sir-maddy, I'd believe that Yuyushiki isn't doing well in Japan, it is an all female cast yet fanservice is incredibly low despite being a comedy. This would be inexcusable to them because if I've learnt one thing it is that they love their female cast being as sexual as possible.
    Well perhaps if it does well outside of Japan it could get that 2nd season, but it would still be unlikely. I'm still confused for why I liked it though, all female, comedy about nothing....
    Low expectations and being able to link some events to similar occurrences in your own life do miraculous things for how much you like something.

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I have serious catching up to do. About 30 behind. Just caught up with Devil Survivor and Majestic Prince. I have a ways to go.