Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    Currently watching: Knight's & Magic, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar

• Like Like x 1
  2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    what went wrong? it could be me putting my hopes way too high or them not meeting peoples expectations. of the 5 MC, yoshino and ririko are the only ones that grew. maki could be added but she didnt solve her problem which is her fight with her father. it would be evident if they made her return to her house with a peaceful meal with her family. inb4 she is an adult that needs no man on her life argument, yes she is an adult but and dont have to live with her parents anymore but there should be a scene of them that shows they are in good terms (the camera thing in the end doesnt count). Sanae and Shiori are just relevant when needed. Shiori is a 50/50 if only they properly executed the "house" crisis.

3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    finished excel saga last week. it was alright. not for someone who looks for a serious series.

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    behold! i am watching princess tutu and now at ep 5. and as a grown man, without shame, this is how im liking it so far.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Recently finished Tsuredure Children, Restaurant to Another World, and A Centaur's Life.

Currently watching New Game! and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

All of the above are thoroughly wonderful, btw.

6. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    Currently watching: Fullmetal Alchemist, Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara

Recently Finished: Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul

Rated: 9/10

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    So been a while since I've posted in here, I also see that I forgot to respond to Noobs about Sakura Quest..... oops.

But to update my recent anime total, I've finished Capeta which turned out to be fairly enjoyable. It was fun watching the characters grow up and start aiming for goals. It reminds me of when I...... actually I've not yet had a goal to aim for. The races towards the end were a lot more intriguing for me. I gave it a solid 7. Wish it could have a 2nd season.
    By my brother's recommendation, and some convincing from youtube clips, I started Demi Chan. And that was definitely something. Cute girls doing cute things, only they were monster girls with their own insecurities and hang ups they had to overcome. There was also a strong male presence so it wasn't just watching 13 eps of girly fluff. I grew quite attached to that cast and even supporting characters I found to be likeable [I just can't remember their names]. After a little debating I gave it an 8 since I watched seven eps in a row without complaints. So yeah finished that today. Want another season so I'll be waiting forever for that as well.
    I also started the old series Attack No. 1 out of curiosity. Since the fansubbers are releasing it fairly consistently on a weekly basis now I figured I'd watch it as a new release. Obviously since it is 40 years old it isn't going to be the smoothest ride. From one episode the pacing seems quick with awkward cuts to random locations for the next conversation. Characters seem fairly unlikable for now. I'm hoping they were saving the coherent story telling for the matches they will inevitably play. The animation didn't look bad for the amount of motion they need for the moves either. @Batosai you may be interested in this since I saw it on your PTW. Although I've only watched a single episode for now.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Aired: Winter 1970 lol. Fun fact i read about it just now, the manga was published in 1968 in the magazine Margaret (magaretto) which was primarily read by girls of the age 11-15 xD

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Yep, I be watching something double my age, I'm just hoping it isn't too bad because I'm in it for the long haul now. 103 episodes to go, I'll be watching it for the next two years. Plenty of time to love or hate it.....
    But I figured that, it is definitely full of shoujo themes. I may have to cringe through a lot here. Wish me luck.

10. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Lol good luck with that. Do they focus more on the sports or on the girly themes so far?

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Hard to say, I've now seen 3 eps and it looks like it wants to be focussed on the sport. They were training for an episode for a match in the 3rd episode. There is a lot of movement in this old series so I'll definitely give it credit for that. But they are reusing scenes as well so that is a negative. I'll keep posting updates as I continue.
    Oh and girly stuff probably isn't the right word that I originally used but it does fit to some degree.

Also today I started Denki gai as my brother had recommended for a while now. Since his last suggestion was fun I thought this might be good as well. And well, it isn't the best. We are randomly thrown into a quirky group of characters without much background apart from the story of they work in a manga shop. It isn't bad but it could be much better.

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I use my own words XD

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Batosai well the catty acting of the characters is most definitely girly but some of the other parts are just weird. I watched episode four of Attack no 1 and it has MC get sabotaged, backstabbed, and slapped only to immediately forgive new girl when she apologises. Not sure if she means it, who really would after that? But it all happened so ridiculously fast.

I also finished Denki Gai and meh. It was no where near as good as I had hoped. An unfunny comedy series about otaku working in a manga shop, with references I should add. I love when a show references stuff, even if it is a horrible show making a pointless reference like Love Kome's Psycho Pass reference. Denki Gai was just bland to me. I was mostly watching it for the Hio tan x Kantoku pairing to see what else they'd write for them.

Also also @Dylanar you'll be happy to know I started Grimgar today. I watched 5 eps. It is okay but I'm not really enjoying it. I do like how it looks though. The passionate red haired guy is fun but I haven't warmed up to the rest of them yet.

Also also also I watched the movie Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, basically the sequel to the Tatami Galaxy. It was a lot of fun. Just as crazy as the Tatami Galaxy but without the super high speed dialogue of it making it a little easier to watch. We also had a few returning characters which were good to see again.

14. Samet Chan Altair-imperial

Ratings:
    +131 / 1 / -1
    Currently watching,
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Reflections
    Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Premium Collection
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Specials
    Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

Recently Finished: Fullmetal Alchemist - (2003-4)

Rated: 9/10

15. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    Ah, just give it a bit more time.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Dylanar okay so I've now finished Grimgar and I'm still on what I said earlier. It was okay, but it didn't quite impress me as much as it did you when you watched it. Turns out I like Ranta, Mary and Yume to some degree. MC got a bit annoying for me always worrying with his inner monologues.
    Although I will give it credit for some of the character development portrayed and the background art, I think the animation for the important fights was where this series excelled. I was definitely impressed during the goblin hunt in ep 7 I think it was as well as the final episode. But I think part of the negatives of its animation also goes in how it would often time turn into a scrolling music video during slower scenes. I get that they had to save budget for the important parts but I hate the lazy animation of moving the camera for effect. This isn't the only series to do it, but regardless of what does it I hate it every time I see it.

Overall I didn't like it as much as I had hoped, but I don't regret watching it. I would watch a second season if it got one but I probably won't rewatch this season unless I am with someone watching it for the first time. But I don't rewatch much at all these days so that kind of ruins my last sentence.
    I ended up giving it a 6

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well courtesy of @Noobs I watched the OVA Angel Densetsu today and I enjoyed that quite a bit. I knew I loved older anime for a reason. I want more even if I know that will never happen. Kitano is too pure [dense] for this world. If it had more episodes I could have loved this show, I feel that as the characters interact more it would only get better.
    I noticed that @BK-201 watched it the other day and rated it the same as I did so it is good to see that we still think alike.
    So Noobs when are you going to watch it?

18. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    It does need more. Someone should make a full series with him building up more allies as people understand him, I can see this becoming as popular as GTO.

19. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    finished watching and i loved the the misunderstandings involving Kitano. he knows of his predicament but that still didnt deter his good nature.

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I would definitely watch that. I wouldn't say as popular as GTO, but then again I don't see anyone mention GTO these days. Guys, has GTO died now to the point that new fans won't watch it because it is "too old"?
    But it would be a hell of a lot of fun. I was actually wanting to see what would happen next after he delivered the wallet since the no 2 thinks he still wants to fight. Also that girl in the last scene is important for a reason, give us something for that.
    The beauty because he didn't understand the whole predicament, great misunderstandings indeed. I loved the moving the tree part, it had to be my favourite scene. Although from the time the cat growled at him in the very beginning I already had a big smile on my face.

If some older series like Kiseijuu and Ushio to Tora can get an adaptation in recent years I'll hold out hope for this too.