Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Nope, none of that shit. There are some awkward angles but no real ecchi, and for completely legit reasons rather than for the viewer.
    It was a good watch. It was awkward to watch certain scenes for other reasons, but then again if it wasn't awkward then that would have been a poorly executed scene.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    alrighty then. my body is ready for the feels for that movie. thanks for the heads up.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Only a bit more than a month to go then. Think you can wait that long @Noobs ?

I was going to start PA Works 2nd anime airing this season, Uchote Kazoku 2nd season this morning. But I decided I'l spam th forum instead so it'll have to wait until tomorrow now.

4. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    this quote just made me laugh. you are talking to a person willing to let episodes pile up for a year here man. the real question is whether id be able to see it as soon when its available. facebook feeds already made the hype enough for me to watch but ill just let circumstances dictate.

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Good point. Although it isn't a long running series so won't you want to watch it as soon as possible? Well not like there aren't any other anime for you to watch. Just don't forget about it and leave it unwatched for years.

6. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    no promises but ill try.

7. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Hey, where is the new season available to watch!!!??

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Why do they show Japanese anime movies in Australia? They'd never do that here.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Oh, just a magical little place called the internet. It really isn't all that hard to find new anime these days, especially if they are being picked up by companies and subbed immediately.

You know, I don't really know. In the past I know they had shown dubbed movies for very limited time showing. More recently they've been showing films in Japanese although all I had seen was Nauto the Last, Boruto the movie and Dragon Ball battle of the gods [in english]. They have even started to bring out some of their live actions which was surprising.
    Guess they feel there is a need in the market to bring them out. The small cinema was pretty full when I saw the movie. Definitely worth it. Maybe in the future it'll be possible for you, you'll have to wait and see.

10. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Just finished Oreimo season 1. Going to watch the "True End" OVA and then on to season 2!

11. Princess_Shirin Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
  12. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Just saw the latest episode of Rokudenashi Majustu Koushi to Akashic Records, among the second season of AoT (which I imagine shit tons others here are watching), and some others out this season.

Aside from seasonal anime, I just saw two episodes of Nekomonogatari (probably to the disgust of one @Supernatural-Knight.) I saw the first two Kizumonogatari movies when they came out, and got curious about it's chronological sequels, hadn't touched any of the Monogatari shows before last night. I don't understand the creator's choice in those jump cuts, but other than that, a fairly decent show.

13. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Still watching Oreimo. But I've started watching Monster Musume, again, because the wife wanted to see it. I also recently finished Black Lagoon for the second or third time (can't remember which).

14. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I am currently watching Attack on Titan season 2 and Gunslinger Girl.

@Supernatural-Knight I just watched a short clip of the dub from Ghost Stories. Man, does it sound so low budget.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Indeed you are right. Nothing but crap characters spewing dialogue. I must admit I like Shaft's creative sense with the series but I dislike almost everything else about it. I've got a few more entries to go for that franchise but I can't be bothered after what Monogatari SS did.

You're not wrong. The dub is fun because it seems low budget.... The way that any abridged version is fun. The official voice actors were given free range to do whatever they wanted. So it is essentially an official abridged version. I was sort of curious about the subbed version years ago but never tried watching it, apparently it is so boring a watch it isn't worth the time which made me stay away from it.

As for me I started Tiger and Bunny the other week. It isn't bad. Super heroes competing to see who is better for a live television show. I've seen 3 eps and haven't made it back to watch any more in a few days, but it is enjoyable so far. I want to see how these character relationships change.

16. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Revisiting some ones I've previously seen and some I never completed when they aired in the US, as well as a few that I've never seen before.
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
    The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (Spin off of Haruhi)
    Steins;Gate
    Rumbling Hearts
    Outlaw Star

And a few subbed anime that never got a dub and probably never will because of it's risqué content.

17. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    You know, this somewhat confuses me. I do agree that some series never get dubs but nowadays, ecchi series especially, get a dub because it sells. Going from what has been dubbed in the past, ecchi stuff has been relatively well received for a long time abroad. So how is it that some are too risqué considering Queens Blade and all that other shit?
    But alas I have some titles I can think of that fit straight into that category.

I wonder where America draws the line for their content being too much?

18. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure -- I mean, dubbed hentai is a thing.

Besides, I can think of a number of completely innocent series that have no dub, and ecchi series with a dub, or at least one in the making. Some of those sub exclusives are pretty good, as well.

Perhaps it's based off of sales?

19. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kodomo no Jikan. Need I say more? lol I see it as mere art. Others would argue that it crosses lines that shouldn't be crossed.
    And that's the reason I used risqué. A publisher didn't even want to continue forward with it, so they put it on hiatus and later dropped it.
    Digital Manga Inc. picked it up though around 2016 and the manga is slated for October 2017 for KickStarter backers, but I doubt a dub will happen. Not until a dubbing company I willing to follow Digital Manga Inc.'s lead.

20. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Finished Oreimo. Great show, but the ending can fuck right off.