Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else notice the dub of Akiba's Trip is now slyly 1 week late every week? That whole "dub release at the same time as sub!" thing lasted two weeks.

2. Arcueid I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gintama. episode 4
    We were finally able to see Katsura being all badass.

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Hell yeah we were, we all knew he was a bad arse but to finally see him in all his glory instead of just comic relief was great. I'm looking forward to the Sakamoto episode, he definitely needs more screen time.

4. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Completed
    Erased - Liked it at first but I didn't like where it went after the first 6 episodes. It was too inconsistent.

The first time he tries to save Kayo and fails he comes back from his "Revival" after he freaks out about seeing some of Kayo's things in a garbage bag, and then when he gets arrested he gets another chance. This time he manages to save Kayo but never wakes up from his Revival and ends up almost dying. The problem I had was they never explained/showed how he survived drowning in a car with a seat belt on that he couldn't get off, and they never explained why he woke up from the first revival at the slightest bit of trauma but this time almost dies and never wakes up from the Revival. The biggest problem with the show for me though is I liked the present day 2006 parts a lot better than the past 1988 parts, and at least 75% of the show took place in 88.

I also felt like who the killer was made no sense. If the teacher wanted to kill Kayo why was he encouraging Satoru to become friends with her? This directly contradicts him being the killer because they even stated that the killer likes to pray on little girls who are alone. Helping her make friends obviously leads to her being alone less, and makes her suddenly disappearing more of a big deal. He even went so far as to help Satoru save Kayo, a girl he wanted to kill, just to try and get the viewers to think he couldn't be the killer cause he's a good guy. Still not a terrible show but I had many issues with it.

5. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Finished Linbarrels Of Iron. Now watching Karas.

6. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I watched the most recent episode of Gintama.

I also found out that Gintama season 3 is being dubbed with some episodes already dubbed. I believe they are starting with season 3 and then dubbing the earlier seasons.

#3686 Whitefang19, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  7. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Done with Karas. Now watching Log Horizon. For some reason, was just in the mood for it.

8. Jarren Drahn I Got A Trophy!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just finished Dreameater Merry.

9. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    I just finished my first anime in two years, Space Battleship Yamato 2199. What started off as an exciting new beginning in anime watching crashed and burned into an utter troll logic ending.

I like the anime. I want to give it a 7 but looking at how I normally rate things I feel like that's too high. That ending was bogus. The anime is guilty of destroying my sense of belief. I can accept the space battleship being the ultimate badass of the anime. I can accept the captian being a badass captain. I know the drill from Gundam, I can suspand my sense of belief when it comes to fighting and stuff. It's when however...
    and spoilers abound
    You freaking kill people and then bring them back to life for the sole purpose of "drama". Then you kill them again because you only needed them to serve a missed plot hole that I was okay with but you made it worse by addressing it this way. Then there's the complete illogical reason why they brought back the dead brother from like episode...5? And then somehow made him relevant by the illogical reveal that he impregnated the alien chick from the destination planet 15,000 light years away. That's some total bull and of course by the power of magic he revives (he's a ghost in the ship now) the Yuki girl who was stupidly shot from the previous episode and frankly never should have survived based on the ending of that episode but....

gah!@##!!

Screw it. Now I'm pissed again.
    That spoiler review of the guy giving it a 5 on MAL sums up my thoughts exactly.
    :sigh:
    Back to the drawing board

10. KnowMeFrom Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Fuuka episode 3 - I don't get why Yuu didn't bring Fuuka with him to meet her idol Koyuki.
    Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid episode 1 - I don't really like the MC but its good enough so far
    Interviews with Monster Girls episode 2 - Not as good as episode 1 but I liked the "date"
    ACCA episode 1 - kinda boring so far

11. Yoishi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Finished Iron Blooded Orphans s1 and started Zeta Gundam.
    Waiting for new eps of the few shows I picked up this season.

12. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Done with Log Horizon. On to season two.When I'm not fishing.

13. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    i finished Hibike Euphonium franchise as my grand return to watching anime. i have to say that i pretty much enjoyed the series. i loved the pacing of how it was delivered. character development is superb. the only thing that irks me is the yuri element hinted/added to the series. well i cant complain since its from kyoani.

caught up also to the last episode of one piece which is ep 775. the loyalty of minks made me tear up.

14. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Done with Log Horizon season 2. Moving on to Ikki Tousen.

15. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    What did you think of the series?

16. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    It was fun. Not like SAO, or . Hack/ Sign. I'd recommend it.

17. Dylanar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +238 / 1 / -0
    Oh, I've already watched it, I just wanted to hear your opinion about it.
    And it did do better in the trapped theme than SAO did for sure, I still love those two regardless.

18. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    I meant for anyone else. To be honest I liked Log Horizon more than SAO.

19. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    finished watching cowboy bebop and the movie yesterday and its an ok ride for me. characters are ok on their own way. saw some cliche episodes and scenes. i expected too much of the series that it became a let down. the series is not bad but its not something that i would say great.

20. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    What I got from the teacher allowing Satoru to grow closer to Kayo was that the teacher wanted Kayo to become so attached to him that when the teacher got the chance to kill Satoru, his death would hit Kayo psychologically harder as she already was physically and emotionally abused by her mother, in other words, to provide himself sadistic pleasure. That is why he allowed Satoru little leeways to acertain information about Kayo.

#3700 jmriz, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2017