Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

What Anime Are You Currently Watching / Recently Finished?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Sporadic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    To Love-Ru Darkness episode 8 and OVA 2, as well as High School DxD OVA, same reaction as @sir-maddy with the latter

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Azumanga Daioh ep. 12
    Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. ep. 11
    Girls und Panzer Specials ep. 5
    Yuyushiki ep. 9
    Aiura ep. 9

3. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finished Jormungand Perfect Order
    The void you feel when you get an open ending just leaves you with incomplete sensation, i hate that feeling. Still this was a great series and i enjoyed every moment of it. Season 2 is more plot focused instead of gun toting action but there is still that cool factor of awesome gunfights in almost every episode. One of the major strengths of the series would be balancing of several genres and giving them a seem less flow that will keep you coming back for more.
    I would recommend this to anyone looking for a series with thrilling action, nice humour and Edge of your seat drama.

4. M3Rush Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just finished watching "Dusk Maiden of Amnesia" and "Mysterious Girlfriend X" and now i don't know what other dubs to watch. guess i will have to look around for a good 1.

5. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    9 episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes out of it’s 110, i’m gonna be watching this anime for awhile… .

So @BlurredExistance, you took the plunge. The first 13 or so episodes are actually kind of boring but then and starts to get pretty cool with decisions and stuff if you follow along. One suggestion though... don't look at the end of the episode previews. Sometimes they spoil stuff.

6. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0

Spoiler:

The void you feel when you get an open ending just leaves you with incomplete sensation, i hate that feeling. Still this was a great series and i enjoyed every moment of it. Season 2 is more plot focused instead of gun toting action but there is still that cool factor of awesome gunfights in almost every episode. One of the major strengths of the series would be balancing of several genres and giving them a seem less flow that will keep you coming back for more.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a series with thrilling action, nice humour and Edge of your seat drama.

I remember when it just finished airing i was talking to evryone ''i can't wait for season 3!'' untill i got told that the manga actually ended like this :( I still want to see the world Koko was talking about....

7. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Wait. DxD OVA 2 is out? Thanks Maddy. :) Knew Keiichi's new sig musta come from it. Well, now I got to find it and watch it. :)

Anyway a few days ago I started watching Burst Angel, picked back up Dragon Drive since it'd been on my on hold list for a year (Due to circumstances and not the anime's fault) and lastly, started watching Rosario + Vampire! ^-^ I read the manga in SJ, well, what "little" they showed and I instantly liked it. I also got 2 or 3 free digital manga books for free thanks to SJ going digital only and due to me having more issues still but never read them and now, don't know if I ever will. Anyway I LOVE Rosario + Vampire. I also love vampires as well as Moka, both Mokas. :) The moments when Moka kisses Tsukune (Drinks his blood) are nice, funny and cute. Then there is the scenes where Moka and Tsukune say each other's names, it's not corny or bad but it is cheesy at times but still enjoyable. Oh and did I mention even though the boys in this anime are monsters it's interesting just how much like human boys they are when it comes to girls. Hehe :)

8. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stitches327 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I remember when it just finished airing i was talking to evryone ”i can’t wait for season 3!” untill i got told that the manga actually ended like this [​IMG] I still want to see the world Koko was talking about….

I agree with you entirely when she presses the button and it ends i literally shouted NO! at 4:30 in the morning i immediately went to check for the manga but then i got that bombshell and my heart just sunk, that open ending was just heart wrenching

9. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    BlurredExistence wrote:
    9 episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes out of it’s 110, i’m gonna be watching this anime for awhile… .
    So @BlurredExistance, you took the plunge. The first 13 or so episodes are actually kind of boring but then and starts to get pretty cool with decisions and stuff if you follow along. One suggestion though… don’t look at the end of the episode previews. Sometimes they spoil stuff.

Yeah man i thought it was either do or die on this one. I've been putting it off for so long based purely on how many episodes it's got but i decided last night that's a crappy reason to miss out on what could be an amazing anime so i decided to take the plunge (also there was the fact that i couldn't find ANY other sci-fi space opera animes that i haven't seen before! (Well none i fancied the look of anyway)). At most it'll take me two weeks to finish it so that's not too bad. Oh and the first few episodes boring? Dude it's been gripping me from episode one! This does look like it's gonna go down in my book of amazing recommendations made by Doom! ;)

10. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    10 more episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and i'll say right now get used to me posting that! = p

11. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    @BlurredExistence whoa wait if you think the beginning was good then I wonder what you'll say when the scope of the show starts to hit the "epic" vision of a true space opera. When I say epic I mean in the truest sense of multiple factions squaring off in complex political intrigue and military tactics. Understandably the start of a show like this would require some sort of setting up for the rest of the series.

Good luck hopefully you'll like it as much as I did.

12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Forgive the double post but this one felt too long to edit in the previous.

So I seen up to 9 episodes of Fafnar with my brother. Very similar to Rahxephon (which is superior to EVA imo). Like many mecha series it deals with teens fighting in robots against aliens\monsters that kind of thing. I know it sounds dull but its fun.

Anyway this show started to get me to rage at the people who are in charge of the operations. I know that the mission is important and all and that saving the mecha is a top priority but eriously though what of the pilots? The whole save your machine over your comrade bugs the hell out of me. In some other mecha shows there was always some guy that was willing to break orders to save his friend regardless of consequences. Screw regulations and be proud of your actions. This show? Not so much. The main guy (I'm not even sure if there is one) does not do enough to challenge authority or his friend who is an authority freak. I'm still early on though and it's good that I'm so involved into this series. Of course I'm watching it with my brother so it's bound that I have to hold a conversation.

So there is my little rant. I want to see where this show would lead.

13. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgive the double post but this one felt too long to edit in the previous. So I seen up to 9 episodes of Fafnar with my brother. Very similar to Rahxephon (which is superior to EVA imo). Like many mecha series it deals with teens fighting in robots against aliens\monsters that kind of thing. I know it sounds dull but its fun. Anyway this show started to get me to rage at the people who are in charge of the operations. I know that the mission is important and all and that saving the mecha is a top priority but eriously though what of the pilots? The whole save your machine over your comrade bugs the hell out of me. In some other mecha shows there was always some guy that was willing to break orders to save his friend regardless of consequences. Screw regulations and be proud of your actions. This show? Not so much. The main guy (I’m not even sure if there is one) does not do enough to challenge authority or his friend who is an authority freak. I’m still early on though and it’s good that I’m so involved into this series. Of course I’m watching it with my brother so it’s bound that I have to hold a conversation. So there is my little rant. I want to see where this show would lead.

Things like that did bug me early on in that series as well but i recall it getting much much better.

14. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I've (finally) finished To Love-Ru Darkness, need to catch up on the new Yuyushiki, Devil Survivor 2, Hataraku Maou-Sama and Photo Kano

15. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday (9)
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 10 Edit 5 hours ago
    Devil Survivor 2 The Animation ep. 9 Edit 5 hours ago
    Naruto: Shippuuden ep. 316 Edit 5 hours ago
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica ep. 2 Edit 10 hours ago
    Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 4:11 AM
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. ep. 10 Edit Yesterday, 3:09 AM
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. ep. 8 Edit Yesterday, 12:30 AM
    Fairy Tail chap. 334 Edit 11 hours ago
    Area no Kishi chap. 117 Edit Yesterday, 1:22 AM

Thursday (13)
    Hataraku Maou-sama! ep. 10 Edit 06-06-13, 11:46 PM
    Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince ep. 10 Edit 06-06-13, 7:00 PM
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. ep. 7 Edit 06-06-13, 8:32 AM
    Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. ep. 6 Edit 06-06-13, 8:10 AM
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge ep. 10 Edit 06-06-13, 7:31 AM
    Chihayafuru ep. 1 Edit 06-06-13, 4:58 AM
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai ep. 1 Edit 06-06-13, 12:24 AM
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ep. 30 Edit 06-06-13, 12:23 AM
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge ep. 9 Edit 06-06-13, 12:04 AM
    D.Gray-man chap. 187 Edit 06-06-13, 9:52 PM
    D.Gray-man chap. 186 Edit 06-06-13, 9:37 PM
    D.Gray-man chap. 185 Edit 06-06-13, 8:50 PM
    D.Gray-man chap. 184 Edit 06-06-13, 8:04 PM

Wednesday (5)
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge ep. 8 Edit 06-05-13, 10:47 PM
    Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge ep. 7 Edit 06-05-13, 10:14 PM
    Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ep. 12 Edit 06-05-13, 4:23 AM
    High School DxD OVA ep. 2 Edit 06-05-13, 2:29 AM
    Bleach chap. 540 Edit 06-05-13, 4:20 PM

16. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And another ten episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes done.

17. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I’ve (finally) finished To Love-Ru Darkness, need to catch up on the new Yuyushiki, Devil Survivor 2, Hataraku Maou-Sama and Photo Kano
    Done with those, time to start the next anime: Battle Girls - Time Paradox

18. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Done with those, time to start the next anime: Battle Girls – Time Paradox

Oh that is a goooood anime! I was pleasantly surprised by how good when i watched it for the first time. Needs another series!

19. M3Rush Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree that "Battle Girls – Time Paradox" is a good anime and would be great with another series.

watching
    full metal panic - ep.22
    haganai - ep.3
    accel world - ep.8
    zetman - ep.8
    fate/zero - ep.8
    lagrange the flower of rin-ne season 2 - ep.8

I sure hate waiting for the last 4 to be dubbed but it sure is worth the wait.

20. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Natsu Dragneel wrote:
    I’ve (finally) finished To Love-Ru Darkness, need to catch up on the new Yuyushiki, Devil Survivor 2, Hataraku Maou-Sama and Photo Kano

Done with those, time to start the next anime: Battle Girls – Time Paradox

If you're going to watch Battle Girls, do it with your brain turned off, and don't expect alot from it. Then you'll enjoy it, and don't watch it dubbed.

Today (11)
    Shakugan no Shana III (Final) ep. 11
    Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-Falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then... ep. 5
    Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Specials ep. 3
    Nisemonogatari ep. 6
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS ep. 19
    Kiddy GiRL-AND ep. 16
    Ga-Rei: Zero ep. 6
    Cowboy Bebop ep. 1
    Candy☆Boy ep. 5
    Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku ep. 6
    Azumanga Daioh ep. 13