Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Welcome New Members! Post Here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Severus, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TheAuraKnight Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
  2. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi I'm Dave The Barbarian. I am 18 in Australia of Earth. I have recently (First full year) become an anime enthusiast, with there; Characters, Orchestra, Plots and Designs. I have been on holidays for a while now awaiting my results from my exams, and I'm spending most of my time watching anime, looking for a job, organizing things with friends and sorting out my area.
    I'm into most anime such as Ecchi, Harem, Fantasy, Comedy, Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi and Mystery. Top 5 anime off the top of my head from those I have watched would be Date A Live, Spice and Wolf, Unbreakable Machine Doll, No Game No Life, and the last one keeps changing depending on my mood:p. I am not very tolerant of badly done subtitles:kami:, especially if I can relate them to the Dubbed version, hence I really like this website. I look forward to getting involved in this community (It looks awesome:arisu:).

3. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Dave The Barbarian from one Aussie to another, welcome to the forums. I remember that phase, although in my case I was lazy and wasn't even looking for a job. All of the anime, none of the social life/responsibilities.
    I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    @Dave The Barbarian

Welcome Dave The Barbarian! hope you have a great time on here with us :)

5. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Haha I was pretty lazy when I first started, but then I was informed of the amount of our internet broadband I had used:( Then I had to find other things to do to break it up, so I had enough left by the end of the month.
    Its nice to be welcomed in by a fellow Aussie:D What side of Australia you on? (West, East or Middle) I'm Western. Looking forward to talking more.

6. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to all the new people who have joined us since the last post, hope you all find a place to call your own here like so mean have all ready have done, please feel free to ask around an the staff an community here are all great.

#1106 Delta, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    See there's your issue, mine is meant to be unlimited so I just sat there and watched almost endlessly without a problem. I have no idea what these other activities you're referring to, I'm still just as into anime as I was before, actually scratch that I am more into anime than before.
    NSW is the place, there aren't too many of us around now. Sad really considering the few others that had come and gone. @Mafiacow come say hi.

8. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    You know the thought that just occurred to me? That it'd be great if members could have the option to be notified if a particular word is in a post. Eg, summoning me at the utterance of "nyan"~ @Kiri any possibility of that? XD

Anyaway, to welcome ze new Aussie person! Good tidings @Dave The Barbarian I approve of your No Game No Life taste!~ I is from around Melbourne.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    @Dave The Barbarian Welcome to JDO. I approve of Spice and Wolf being in your top 5, I'm sure we'll get on well!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I got a pretty wide taste of anime, but ever taste has its best. I'd still say anime is my main activity and we'll leave it at that;)
    Great to hear that some of my top 5 are appreciated:arisu:
    Oh and I'm looking for a anime to lift my motivation and spirit a bit. Like No Game No Life, and somewhat Date A Live. Any suggestions?
    Haha learning new things about the messaging every day.

11. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Post in this thread for recommendations http://justdubsonline.net/forum/threads/what-anime-should-i-watch-next.8/ You'll get more recommendations.

Also, do you have a MyAnimeList account?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to JDO!
    Isn't your username from a cartoon?

13. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't know exactly, but I got it from giving my avatar for a medieval game a name. My friend was over and suggested it he also sung a little song that went with the name. Ever since then it suck. So yeah could be from a cartoon, I'm really not that sure.

14. Bloop Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Howdy everyone. I'm Bloop, real (middle) name Alex, a 20 year old computer technician (sort of) who has been into anime since the age of 11. My first anime was Naruto but I've gotten into bigger and better series since then. I'm currently watching Eureka Seven, as I saw a few episodes on Adult Swim a few years ago but never finished the series. My other interests is mostly programming, fixing computers and gaming. If I had to choose a favorite anime, that would be Bleach (I <3 the Espada :D).

As for my computer hobbies, I know how to code in HTML, CSS and PHP and am about to be CompTIA A+ certified, soon I'll be learning a little bit of Python. Currently I'm working on a little social network project to start a portfolio on so I can get some good programming jobs. Thank you for reading and I hope to meet you all sometime. :)

15. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the JDO Forum my good sir and please remember to have fun!

16. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!
    I tried programming, but after learning there were so many different languages, I was discouraged. Then my brother got interested and he wore me out on the subject.

17. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hey, guys. Welcome to the community. Glad to have you along. :3

18. Dave The Barbarian Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the community bro:D I'm relatively new to the community as well, so we can be buddies in that category that we're both starting here:arisu:
    I can't say I've seen the anime you have talked about in the above, but then again I haven't really been aiming to start a long series with more than two seasons at them moment:confused:
    Let us know if you need any directions or help:arisu:
    Probably ask the higher ranked first though (Like I said I'm new to):)

19. Frank134 Trophy Collector

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello am new and just started watching anime and if anyone has any ideas on which anime to watch plz tell me am new here and to watching anime

20. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the JDO Forum. I do hope you've enjoyed the anime you started watching. If you have any particular genres you like/dislike please don't hesitate to share. It'll only help everyone to recommend anime you could watch next for your enjoyment especially if your new to watching. If you need assistance or have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Were always willing to help.