Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Welcome New Members! Post Here!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Severus, Apr 5, 2013.

1. phillipanime Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys!

I am Phillip Ho, and I am an anime fan. I have been watching anime since the first anime I have watched as a kid, which if I remember was Pokemon when the anime first aired. I am currently 15 years old from Horsham, Pennsylvania, and I am male.

I enjoy watching anime for the past years, and I really like being a fan of anime. Some of my favorite anime series include Slayers, both Revolution and Evolution-R, Shakugan no Shana, Rosario + Vampire, School Rumble, Moonphase, Spice & Wolf....well, you name it.. I enjoy both English and Japanese dubs of anime, though I personally enjoy English dubs of anime that I love to watch.

In my spare time though, I play video games, play around with my laptop, and make Let's Play videos on my Let's Play channel, PhillipPlays. But, I will save that kind of information for a later time.

That really does about it for now. I hope I can have a good time here on this site and be able to make some friends here.
    Until then, I will catch you guys later!

2. NeoRider247 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Greetings to one and to all; the names NeoRider247 but for short feel free to call me by "Neo". I was introduced to the forum by a good personal pal of mine who some of you may know as "Roy Blue", so kudos to him for bringing me here. I'm eighteen years old and about to be out of High School in a few weeks, where I was President of my school's Anime Club. I'm a long-time fan of all things anime, manga, and video games--whilst a personal interest of mine lies with tokusatsu shows; y'know things like Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. To put an end to an already long message, I look forward to being here and I hope we all get along.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Greetings mortals! You have entered the realm of Doomguy. You may...
    1 - Worship me
    2 - Give me money
    3 - Worship me more
    4 - Feed my (in)sanity
    5 - Join my (in)sanity
    6 - Worship me even more
    7 - ???
    0 - Doomguy Profits!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaysp656 Artificial Intelligence

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I forgot to post here until now. As you can see my name is Jaysp656. I was on JD's forum originally but I had less than 10 posts in total. I joined Refuge after JD went down because I wanted to know if there were any future plans. Website stuff really fascinates me, despite the fact I have very little experience in it yet. While on Refuge I was temporarily the #1 top poster. I'm not going to try to reclaim the title on DTR as it takes waaay to much time and effort to do. While on Refuge I experimented with making avatars and sigs for myself

(the really nice one I only edited in my mask png to make it have a personalized hologram/projector look)

After a certain April Fools event , I started thinking that Refuge was lacking a little in looks. I mean it was good for what it was made for, but it was lacking an anime flair and had what I saw as a plain look to it. So I decided to look into this cool Google Chrome and Firefox browser addon called Stylish. This addon allows one to inject their CSS style code in place of a websites current CSS style code. To put it in shorter terms: You can make a website look drastically different with it. The only real theme I made for Refuge was one that gives it a JD-like look.

Pretty cool huh?

Well I'm making something similar for DTR too, but this one isn't just one theme that I like. It is a multi-optioned theme where a person can pick whatever options they want. It is mostly done at this time but I plan to continue to work on it in the coming months.

Customization is what I'm all about ;)

5. Lone-Gunsword Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am the Lone Gunsword, You can call me Sasuro, or Sas for short! Likes: Anime, Ecchi, CARD GAMES (Not on motorcycles), Playing sports, martial arts, swords, guns, girls, MLP (Don't judge me), Doctor who and RPs. Dislikes: Not much but i will let you know when it comes up...

6. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey hey, i'm BlurredExistence, otherwise known as Michael Thomas Clitheroe on the FB page. I'm English, 30, male, epically cynical, unyieldingly sarcastic and extremely passionate about anime!

Anime wise i'll pretty much give anything a go, tho if i hit a wall of frustration or if i just don't get on with the artwork or the main character i am not above dropping a series (sometimes ridiculously quickly i'll admit). However what i'm really after are animes with not only a great story but something that'll make me feel something so while i do enjoy dumb action and moeness it's the series that make me either cry in a corner, laugh until i hurt or walk away haunted by their memory that take up a special place in my heart.

To those anime noobs out there pls feel free to come to me any time if you have any questions or are looking for recommendations. I find great joy in helping others to discover the same pleasures that i have in anime. ;)

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Good tidings, I am Mafiacow, self proclaimed ambassador of Umbreons. I'm nearly 19, and I hail from the land down-under (and you now have that song stuck in your head ;) ). I was new at the time of the "event" in January.

I've been a fan of anime since around the year 2000 (shortly after getting conscious thought), but was limited to what was on Cheez TV of a morning until a few months ago, when I finished high school and went all out on anime. My fave anime is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and my fave genres are probably sci-fi, comedy, and slice of life. I find cat girls especially amewsing, and was constantly cracking up at Hanekawa in Bakemonogatari. I even nya some of the time. ;)

I'm new to vocaloid songs, but my fave is Hatsune Miku: Two-Faced Lovers.

I'm fine watching either dubs or subs, but will go with the sub if there's a lack of dubbing (eg, ongoing anime like Bleach that aren't fully dubbed) or if there are voices in the dub that annoy me (eg, Highschool of the Dead).

8. Yoishi Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I was on the old forum until about a year ago, hope to see some old faces about.

I like all types of Anime, but my favorites are Mahou Shoujo & Slice of Life. Same deal with Manga but I mostly read Shoujo romance these days.
    As for games I play STGs & Rhythm games (Imperishable Night & osu! mostly) I've been slowly getting back into Visual Novels too, about to start DRAMAtical Murder.

That's all for now, nice to meet you ^_^)/

9. Belsfir Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys finally moved over to here. Hope to see everyone else who was on the old forums, as well as new people as well! My time has been super crunched lately so don't expect me to jump into most topics yet. However, when summers finally here, Ill be a normal poster again.

Btw, Angel Beats! and Madoka are still awesome. Go Kanade

10. NevaehAnn Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm NevaehAnn and I'm fairly new to the otaku world. If you were to ask my family, they would say I'm already an addict since I watch anime almost every moment I'm home, however I haven't really made it beyond the stage of my computer yet. I also enjoy reading manga and love to discuss my likes and dislikes with people, especially when I'm looking for a new anime :D

11. sujugirl Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello i'm Sujugirl. I'm from Chicago. I enjoy almost every genre of manga and anime. My first introduction to manga was through Angel Sacuntray. After that i was hooked into the world of manga and anime

12. Shunikuno Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello! I'm Shunikuno and if you decide to use honorifics with my name please shorten it to Shuni so I don't get called Shunikuno-kun again. I'm 23 and live in the best state for logging and the world's #1 place for growing wheat. I work as a librarian assistant and as an actor; I'm a volunteer firefighter and am pursuing a masters in library science. My favorite genres are comedy, action, slice of life, harem, and romance... Other than that I don't consider myself a nerd because that implies tech skills that I don't have! So I'm demoted to dork. I usually don't have much to say or someone beats me to it so if you don't see me don't fret I'm sitting right over there.

13. Mountain56 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks. There seems to a lot of young folks here (I'm 50+). So I hope y'all don't think I'm a perv. I am retired now after a couple of heart attacks and give much credit for my recovery to anime.

My kids got me started with Kenichi which I thought was hysterical. I recently found JD and of course we all know what happened there (which was too bad). Before it went down I did get through about 15 series and can't wait for DT to be fully operational so I can indulge in my new passion.

By the way, I would very much like to thank the people who are putting this site together. I truly appreciate all the effort and hard work you are putting in for all of us.

THANK YOU

14. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Mountain56 wrote:
    Hi folks. There seems to a lot of young folks here (I’m 50+). So I hope y’all don’t think I’m a perv. I am retired now after a couple of heart attacks and give much credit for my recovery to anime.

My kids got me started with Kenichi which I thought was hysterical. I recently found JD and of course we all know what happened there (which was too bad). Before it went down I did get through about 15 series and can’t wait for DT to be fully operational so I can indulge in my new passion.

By the way, I would very much like to thank the people who are putting this site together. I truly appreciate all the effort and hard work you are putting in for all of us.

THANK YOU

We will only think you a perv if you act like one, and then you'd fit right in ;)
    There is no age limit on enjoying an art form. I'm glad you discovered it, no matter how late in life. Welcome ^^

15. KarmaDelta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Welcome new people.
    May you all worship me, the only god of this plain.

16. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I am JenovaCell.

I am very irritable, and sometimes hard to get along with. Or just always hard to get along with. Either way, I say this I won't sound like a fun person. I enjoy long walks on the beach, and having at least 4 to 5 Women with me at all times, mainly when I am drunk. I hope we can all learn to love each other on this forum. Because there is a whole lot of love here.

Sincerely, JenovaCell

P.s. My real name is Joshua.

17. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Welcome new people.
    May you all worship me, the only god of this plain.

New people ignore him, he's delusional.
    He's a massive lolicon fan.

Instead, you should worship me.

You know I never introduced myself.
    I should do that now.

Hi, I'm Sir Maddy, or Maddy for short.
    I'm 15 years old and currently reside in Australia, and yes I am a girl.
    I'm a content manager on the Dubtopian website.
    But I also have a life outside of Anime and the internet.
    I work part-time at a supermarket, as well as hang out with friends (sometimes, otherwise I'm just your typical anti-social teenager).
    I started watching Anime at Grade 6 and have finished 117 Anime.
    My favourite genres are Yuri, Horror and Psychological, Slice of Life, Comedy, Action, Romance (when done right) and fantasy.
    My favourite Anime is Higurashi.
    I'd also like to point out I have a guilty pleasure anime, it's Strike Witches, there I said it.

18. AliceRawwwrr Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ello ^.^ i am alice and ive venture here for the sole purpose of discovering new anime that i so foolishly have neglected to watch. yes i look forward to reading forums and commenting . indeed i predict good things from this here site. i expect many obsessions will be introduced due to all of this.. so until then, fair winds.

19. Dcmac Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, finally found this place. I went by the name Moses for a while before switching back to this name. I'm 20, from Canada, and I know nothing about recent anime!

20. Abnormalize Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ignas aka Abnomalize, aka 2HD, aka PureEvil
    Im to lazy to do that introduction soooo..... If you think you want to know me, you will write to me