Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Weekly Puzzle

Discussion in 'The Asylum' started by Sporadic, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    You sure? BK kind of unknowingly hinted "superfans" so i'm thinking it's a popular series. And honestly the more I think about it Noobs the more I think it's from Clannad since you said it. I'll have to re-watch it to be certain but thinking that this ties around Kotomi if this is indeed from Clannad. If it is i'm giving you the credit Noobs.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    im actually not that sure. since he used a somewhat popular anime for the previous game and i failed big time as a music anime watcher. this time i just kind of used a reverse pycho thingy that he will not use a popular show this time. well if you guessed it by using clannad, you may have the point. im sticking to my Kanon guess here. xD

3. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    @Vladnyx guessed right again. Beat me! It's Clannad episode 11.

The wrapping gives it away. The pie itself looks very similar to one in Say I Love You, however the later isn't wrapped. Still I took time to rewatch that episode to clarify.

It's funny that I just made some polymer charms for a Clannad necklace I'm making as a present for the holidays.

4. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Well to be correct you beat me. All I said is I think that it's Clannad the more I think about it, but only after Noobs brought it up. I had yet to lock that in as my answer. I was actually just rewatching it to be sure. Was on episode 9 so only had 2 more to go. My next guess would have been maybe Air TV. So you actually win this round Youngnozomi. The way i'll operate with my answers is i'll state the show & episode before the final day if iv'e actually found the correct answer. If I only have a rough guess that's when i'll just list a show. Since I never said it was the show I was using as my answer you take this round. Hope that makes sense to you.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Sorry guys, I forgot to call it last week. Thanks @youngnozomi for calling it. @Noobs you thought you could read me huh?! :p

7. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
  8. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    And here's to when I thought it couldn't get harder...
    tsk tsk tsk. Feel I could have a solid month and not guess this one.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Harder? Are you mad this one is real easy. First thought that came to mind was Ghost Hunt, the only hard thing was finding exactly when the screenshot was taken from. Even then that took me less than 10 mins because I knew it was somewhere from the final 3 eps.

So BK I'll take this one, Ghost Hunt and I have found the scene in ep 23 at around the 11:40 timestamp of the video. Great show, almost makes me feel like watching it again.

10. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Gotta hand you props. I'd never guess that. I only watched Ghost Hunt once in my life.

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It helps when I've rated it 10, got the DVD and have watched it a few times over the years. It is one of the series I watched before I began watching just about everything.
    It was kind of easy for me though, the shrine makes it almost automatically a supernatural series. This piece of drift wood was treated as a god or something in the final animated arc, so it gets a bit of a focus.

12. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that certainly does help. It's always nice to have that one special anime you can keep going back to. I knew it was apparently a shrine of sorts, but this one didn't look familiar to anything I remembered. The closest thing I found was "A Letter to Momo" but the shrines didn't match up. Not just that I haven't known BK to use films.

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I had a few series like that @Vladnyx but now that I watch so much I barely rewatch anything unless it is with someone else. Things change, and now it has grown to a point where stuff I haven't seen is more important than stuff I really liked in the past.
    The shrined wood was a dead giveaway, usually it would be something with more radiance than a daggy thing like that. I also didn't like Momo e no Tegami so if it had of been that one I would never have got it. BK would have known I'd get this, we use to have good discussions about this series years ago every time we'd get someone else to watch it. Such good memories of a great anime and active forum posting tied together, it is a great thing.

14. BK-201 The Black Reaper Moderator

Ratings:
    +124 / 1 / -0
    Ah, the good old times...why'd you have to get a job?! :p

15. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    It was Ghost Hunt. That was a good anime! I wasn't sure since it was pretty major in the anime I felt it was a trick image.

@Supernatural-Knight Are you familiar with the ending of the light novels of Ghost Hunt? It's weird that the anime cut off where it did since there was only one final arc in the series that ties together the storyline about who Naru is and who Mai is seeing in her dreams.

I'm currently reading scans of the manga. I think the UK has released the manga but I live in the US so I can't find copies. I would buy them since my friend and brother both also love the series.

16. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I know, I know. I ask myself the same thing every time I run out of hours in the day to even respond here. I'm a horrible bastard aren't I?

I've got no idea what happens after the show ends. I was tempted to read the manga or whatever I was linked, only to be told that the artwork was terrible shoujo quality stuff and that I'd hate it. Since then I haven't even researched the end of the series.
    How is the manga anyway? And did you watch the show subbed or dubbed, I watched it Dubbed and found it hilarious how bad the Aussie accent was. But that only made the show even better for me.

17. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I watched it subbed before it was brought over by funimation. Then I got the DVDs for either my birthday or Christmas when it was dubbed. So I've seen both. Some voices I preferred in English others in Japanese. But both versions were good! John just speaks like a female in the Japanese version since he learned the language from females. So I felt the dub using an Australian accent since it's his native country was a good move.

The manga is good so far. I'm only on the Orikiri arc though. I wouldn't say the art style is a strong shoujo style. It seems more shoujo than shounen though. Actually the style looks a little like some of Yuu Watase's older works like Ceres. It has a traditional feel as opposed to being done on computers. For example Mai has big eyes in the black and white pages and some children that appear but the others only really look shoujo style on the colored spreads. Then again I might just ignore the shoujo feel because the story is good.

18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Before it was dubbed? Damn that means you've probably been an anime fan for years before I even began watching then, I only got started in roughy 08. I hope I've made up for some lost time though considering how large my list is now. Although I feel like I should fix up part of your paragraph:
    there is nothing much about a Texan trying to pull off an Aussie accent that comes off as authentic, but I loved it because it was so bad so I'm not complaining. Honestly didn't know/remember that John learnt how to speak Japanese from females.

Been a while so I don't exactly remember the arcs by name, apart front he Bloodstained Labyrinth that is. I'm also not a manga reader so I don't know who that person is, checking MAL I only recognise 2 titles. I'm not too much of a fan of big eyes now, that was one of the reasons I was told not to read it actually. Good to know that the source has a fan here though, maybe all is not lost for me reading it if you can give it a high score in the end.

19. youngnozomi Sparkles, Nosebleeds, and D'awwww

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    John learning from females was only in the subbed version. I feel the accent was just the stereotype of how someone from Australia speaks. I liked the idea of how they changed it for English speakers. It's like using a southern US accent for a person that has a Kansai accent in the original. (The dub of Rurouni Kenshin did this) It's not the correct way they speak but it still invokes the feeling of the character being from out of the area.

Yuu Watase wrote both Ceres and Fushigi Yuugi which are both shoujo that deal with dark elements. For example both have major characters die and have bloody scenes that many shoujo don't deal with. Her latest work is shonen though. So she has the ability to write to both male and female audiences.

I keep up with more manga than I do with anime because many series I like are only partially covered in the anime run or not animated at all. That's probably because I only recently as in this month got a smart phone, having manga on the go is easier than bringing a computer or DVD player around.

I've been into manga since around 2001. I'd watched anime before than but I didn't really realize what it was. I have my older cousin to thank for being introduced to anime. He got my whole family into it. Even my dad likes some like Death Note and my mom likes the art style but she's only really watched some Ghibli films. Actually my older sister doesn't like anime but 5 out of 6 of us is a good number.

20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @youngnozomi The subbed version, makes sense. Yep the stereotype but it isn't that it was offensive or anything, it just doesn't sound like an Aussie accent. I'm Aussie which is why I find it hilarious, and the character reactions as well. I see their logic for doing so but such a fake accent from a Texan just seems like a weird choice, but an accidentally great one for the sake of humour.

you sure know how to sell an anime to me, I am now intrigued by these shoujo series. Maybe I'l check one out when I run out of stuff to watch.
    I just can't get into manga, I can like the artwork and story but without colour, sounds and movement I lose a lot of my interest in it.

2001? No fair, that was the year Spirited Away came out, which is also way before I even had methods to watch anime. Kid blocks on TV had the popular childish ones, and some movies were in video rental places [how I first saw Spirited Away] but I didn't get the net until very late 08, and didn't really start watching more until midway through 09.
    But your family sounds awesome, my brother watches some on occasion [I mostly have to force him now though] but apart from that my mother won't watch anything animated at all and my sister flat out rejects anime because "it's anime" despite having liked Wolf Children and now Usagi Drop.