Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Voting Thread #48

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Natsu, Jun 5, 2015.

?

Vote for Only TWO

Poll closed Jun 10, 2015.
  1. Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho

35.7%
  2. Strike Witches

57.1%
  3. The Familiar of Zero

21.4%
  4. Girls und Panzer

28.6%
  5. Full Metal Panic!

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Natsuru-san loli sexualisation, I don't stand for it. There are two series I've seen where I can overlook it but pointlessly sexualising loli characters is something I absolutely hate.
    Screw ecchi, give me actual plot. Will not watch, I'm going to watch more Hachimitsu to Clover

2. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Pilot OVA (Though it's not recommended) > Season 1 > Season 2 > Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow > Strike Witches: The Movie > Upcoming Strike Witches Season 3

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    What? Since when? O_O

And what series were those? Anyway, 1 twelve yo 1 fourteen yo, 4 fifteen yo 2 sixteen yo, 2 eighteen yo and 1 twenty yo. I want to remind you Knight that in Japan at just age 13 or 12 but pretty sure it is 13, you are able to legally consent and do "naughty" things. Thus pretty much an adult in many ways. I also would like to say that none of these are lolis , well, the 12 yo is pushing it and yes she acts like she was born and raised in the wild but this is usually done for comedy relief. Further more this reviewer on mal by the name 7jaws7 said this small part in their review which is found here on the "pilot ova's mal page" http://myanimelist.net/anime/1862/Strike_Witches_OVA

"If you just want to know what Strike Witches is like, I guarantee this OVA will tell you if you're going to like it or not (again, be prepared for plenty of fanservice if you decide to continue.) And if you're still not sure, the two seasons that follow more or less go like this:

16 episodes of character development
    2 episodes of wacky ecchi humor
    6 episodes of more serious battles and small plot twists

Storywise, the most you'll get out of the Strike Witches OVA is Yoshika's reluctant point of view on guns and war; something you'll definitely notice at the beginning of the first season. But it doesn't go any further than that - you'll have to watch the television series and see the other girls of the 501st Joint Fighter Wing that she meets to understand why fans such as myself love Strike Witches!"

Notice this reviewer said 6 eps of the more serious battles, there's plenty of battles throughout the whole series, just they were only listing the more serious battles but even then the lesser battles are still good. Tbh Knight, I did not care for the pilot ova and all it does is introduce chars, show us and talk about their weapons, who they fight etc. it's pretty much just telling ya. It does go into some details and show us a few thigns that didn't make the cut into the anime itself but it was rated a 4 by me and I watched it after seeing S1 which I rated an 8 (along with S2) just so u know. While it might not be worth watching and one shouldn't decide not to watch the series based on this, I can assure you, you do get actual plot in the SW series. (Just not in the ova pilot) In fact, though not subbed here is a trailer to show u various bits of some of the action you'll see in this anime. Lastly though, you should never judge a book by it's cover, or anime in this case.

Yea, I highly urge only to watch the pilot ova after watching season 1 *See above why* so really one can skip it altogether. As for SW S3, Maddy, it does not exist. it ain't on MAL (I rechecked) and I remember now that Operation Victory Arrow when it was announced back in 2013 was supposed to be S3 but later was reveiled it wasn't. SO yea, S3 doesn't exist and yes, yes I am right there with ya, I want a S3 too and I want it now! Dubbed of course, along with OVA and the movie which thankfully got or is getting a dub soon but now I gotta wait for OVA to get dubbed since it takes place before the movie. lol

#24 Natsuru-san, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    You mean perfect taste.

Don't even bother watching it, it's just a QUALITY mess.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-13/strike-witches-gets-3rd-tv-anime-series-ova

I'll take it you're not up with news.

6. Delta Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -0
    Looks like strike witches it is unless the polls still open

7. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Oh uhh, haha, my bad. I meant IF anyone was going to watch it. I agree the Pilot OVA can be skipped though, heck a rating of 4
    should indicate that. lol

Nope, I've seen that back when it was announced. I remember telling a now ex-friend but friend at the time that he should brace for it cus it was on the way. I believe I linked him that exact article. However months later more details came to light I recall and I believe it was said on ANN that the OVA series is the actual S3 that was mentioned in said article. It is confusing and complicated but, the jest is, someone screwed up or they changed their mind and what should've been S3 was actually the OVA anime we got. If u want more proof that SW S3 doesn't exist, look no further than MAL's SW anime pages. Not a sign of S3 on there, and remember that article came out nearly 2 years ago and MAL always updates their data base with any anime that gets announced no more than 24 hrs later. So I really hate to say it Maddy but, SW S3 has been shot down! I repeat, SW S3 has been shot down! :(

The poll has closed and Natsu announced the winner which was SW. See the prev. page for how long ya got to watch it all.

8. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Word as of last month is that the 3rd season follows the 502 Brave Witches.

9. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    You know what... I'm not even going to bother replying with actual news.