Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

FAQ Video Trouble Shooting

Discussion in 'Customer Support' started by Sporadic, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    ====Frequently Asked Questions====

Q. Videos are loading really slow. What do I do?

A. This is probably just a temporary issue with the host. If you believe it's your connection or computer, try restarting your browser or checking if any unnecessary programs are running.

Q. Why do I see an error message that says, "This file is temporarily unavailable (but not deleted). Try again later"?

A. Videos that say "This file is temporary disabled (but not deleted). Try again a bit later." are not deleted they are disabled because the servers are being worked on. If you click the link on the player you can usually see the maintenance message. We will not be fixing these links as they are not broken, there is also no way that we can tell you when they will be back up. But they do indeed come back eventually.

Q. Why don't I see a fullscreen button?

A. Sometimes the player does not display the fullscreen button because of being blocked by an ad. If this happens, refresh the page until it loads.

Q. Why am I hearing an ad but not seeing one?

A. Sometimes the host will display an ad which is located in an unviewable area of the embedded video. Simply refresh the video until the ad changes.

Q. Why am I seeing weird black blocks, green lines or other distortions in the video?

A. Your codec is likely not up to date or you've installed two conflicting packs. Try downloading K-Lite Codec Pack. K-Lite is a free software bundle which contains everything you need to be able to playback the most popular audio and video formats.

Q. I was prompted on how much local storage I should allow?

A. Video players from some sites tend to need more temporary storage space on your PC due to the resources needed for the latest software. If prompted to increase memory space for these sites drag the slider to the "unlimited" option to the right so as not to be prompted again.

Q. Why does the player not stop buffering and appears as though it is loading the entire time?

A. This is an issue with the host. Clear your cache, restart your browser, and play the video again. If it does not work, please report it.

====Ads====

We do not own the video players being used on the site. We have no control over the ads posted on the video players. If a malicious ads does happen to present itself, which isn't very often, we can contact the host and have them block it.

Never click on things telling you to install codec, software or any other updates before watching the video.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you're unsure how to navigate correctly on the video without clicking an ad check out these instructions for the players we use.

Mp4Upload:

Start by clicking on the play button (Circled Below). There WILL be a pop up ad that will show up in another tab or window. Close the pop up ad and then click play once more to start the video.

[​IMG]

#1 Sporadic, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2018
  2. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    Another tip for troubleshooting. If you see this message pop up on the player:

http://gyazo.com/314b698707415c36dbf743c307db3c7c

It is likely because your internet timed out at some point when trying to download/stream the video I think. Please correct as is necessary if I am wrong @Sporadic

To solve this problem, simply refresh the page and wait for the video to download again.

3. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Normally when I see that message it is because the video has been removed. Although if you are able to refresh the page and get the video to load, it is not broken.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Laximus could you replace the info for mp4upload? Seems the images are broken. I'm going to open this thread back up for discussion as it is being brought back to help with video player issues.

5. Laximus Espada | Anime Dealer

Ratings:
    +965 / 0 / -0
    Sure thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.