Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Uniqlo Marks Shonen Jump's 50th Anniversary With Manga T-shirts

Discussion in 'Anime News' started by Teknoman X, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0

Clothing retailer UNIQLO is known for its graphic tees that often feature designs from popular artists or showcase popular characters such as Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Luke Skywalker. UNIQLO has already released a variety of shirts highlighting manga including Ultimate Muscle and Naruto. Now, Naruto is returning with many of his popular Weekly Shonen Jump friends to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Shueisha's magazine through new T-shirts.

Here is a sample of some of the designs that will be available:

Bleach
    [​IMG]

Gintama
    [​IMG]
    (The text reads, "Sometimes Jump comes out on Saturday so be careful.")

Naruto
    [​IMG]

Yu Yu Hakusho
    [​IMG]

Hunter X Hunter
    [​IMG]

One Piece
    [​IMG]

Kochikame
    [​IMG]

Dragon Ball
    [​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh!
    [​IMG]

Captain Tsubasa
    [​IMG]

Death Note
    [​IMG]

Haikyu!!
    [​IMG]

Space Adventure Cobra
    [​IMG]

Saint Seiya
    [​IMG]

The T-shirts will begin debuting in UNIQLO stores throughout Japan on April 16.

Other celebrations for the magazine's 50th anniversary include a three-part art exhibition, reprintings of landmark issues, a CD, and a manga contest.

2. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Noobs that One Piece shirt, that is pretty much a must have. That is one of my most memorable moments of the whole show. @Shellbell doesn't that moment bring back memories for you as well, although I know you said that Vivi wasn't your favourite character but what about that specific scene.
    @Batosai wasn't the Gintama one an episode title way back early in the franchise as well? I could go for some Gintama merch.
    And there is even a very subtle Death Note one for @Kaede.

I kind of like that the face is even included in the design at the back of the collar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    just what is happening here! most of the great news are to happen in summer (my summer)! theres those anime movies, cells at work, and now this? we have uniqlo here so i might frequently visit that store just for that specific shirt. ill buy that regardless of price as it would be my second OP shirt.

4. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Yeah that does sound like one of the titles they had. Was it that episode where he got into a fight over a jump magazine? I know they did an episode like that. The Gintama one and One Piece one are my favorites. OP might take the crown even. Least favorite is Death Note. Like what were they thinking making it that simple. Might aswell just wear a plain black shirt...

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    could be because its the only thing that they can think of thats innocent looking. xD of the main casts, the apple is the only thing that is not closely related or attached to death. with how sensitive americans nowadays, using gory or promoting death would be too much for them.

6. Shellbell Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I need that shirt~!
    So I can wear it under my One Piece jacket~!
    Like I said once before, I’m rewatching One Piece I’m almost at that part again~!
    I need to convince my dad to find me some One Piece clothes and have him buy me them~!
    Haha...

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I had completely forgotten that you could actually go to this shop. Awesome, remember to spend wisely. That design though, I can't get enough of it.

You have a One Piece jacket? What's the design on that? But yeah I knew you'd like it and figured you'd have to be close to that scene again. Did you like that scene or did you have more of a "good riddance to this arc" kind of reaction?

It might be, I honestly can't remember everything Gintama. I know it is a shock not being able to remember everything in less than 400 episodes. You're probably right, I kind of remember him chasing down a single volume due to a late release with all shops being sold out. I think my least favourite one is the HxH one since I just don't understand it. Although the Naruto one featuring Kakashi is an interesting choice instead of the titular character or a mascot.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I guess that's true. People tend to go pretty far. Someone suicided, must be because he saw someone with a death note tshirt.

What about Luffy's hat? I have that one :D Although it's just a simple straw hat i really like having it.

I don't blame you. I don't remember 80% of the episodes. At highest small parts of them. I didn't understand the HxH one either, it looks kinda weird.

9. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    visited the shop yesterday and boy the normal prizes of shirts are now joke. $18-25 (converted.. screw you tariff!) but i must commit.

yep i can imagine something like that happening if they didnt use the apple.

10. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    so the time has come and i visited a uniqlo shop and i take back making fun about the death note t-shirt. turns out, its not only an apple thats there. ryuk is placed at the back and its strategically placed that you wont miss it. ive seen most of the shirts here displayed there but the sad part is that it didnt have the one piece shirt just yet. its almost the end of the month and im worried if those shirts would even arrive.