Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

U.S. 2016 Election

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Timekeeper, May 7, 2016.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Oh this is great!
    Now Clinton has reached into the the darkside of politics by saying that half of the voters for Trump are basically those things I pointed out in the earlier in this thread.
    Keywords such as "Racist, Xenophobic, Islamophobic, Deplorable" types of people. Deplorable, gotta say I forgot to mention that one earlier.

You know you're losing when you have to resort to calling voters against you these sorts of things.

Now the fun part begins. I want to see just how many people are going to decide to decide to lose their critical thinking skills and decide that this sort of disgusting and baseless attack on VOTERS is somehow justifiable.

So how many people are going to put on the tin foil hats and blame the rise of "Alt-Right Facism"?
    Or maybe they'll finally realize that this incredibly lame game of "You're a racist! You're a racist! I don't have to listen to you totally legitimate concerns about immigration and border security!" has finally started to wind down to it's inevitable conclusion.

People are sick of that game and decided the only way to get their point across is to break the social rules forced upon them by the so called "intellectual elites" in order to basically shut down discussion.

Gut check time guys. It's time to ask yourself, do you really honestly believe that MILLIONS of voters are that unbelievably racist and quite frankly sick human beings in the head?

Oh give me a break, you're a lost cause if you believe that and I make no apology for saying that.

This election is so incredibly interesting!

Here's a poor quality video. Also gotta love the CNN headline as if this was normal. If it was Trump it would read "Trump Attacks Hillery Clinton Supporters"

#81 Doomguy, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  2. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I fear no man. But that thing...
    *scoots closer and whispers*
    It scares me.

I can't help but feel that, with all of the anti-Clinton sentiment and suspicion, she is going to win, somehow.
    Just look at how Obama got voted in a second time.

3. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Well we can always blame Russian hackers.
    Why not? You can bet they'll do it if they lose too :p

4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    And while we are at it, we can also blame the Chinese for... something. The Mexicans too! They don't want a wall, neither of them!
    China wants to maintain the title of having the wonder of the "Great Wall", and Mexico wants unhindered immigration! =P

5. Wilhelm-von-HU Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I love the morons that think the wall is racist. (sorry if this is old). Mexico's laws about illegal immigrants is 2 years in jail and if you help an illegal immigrant 10 years in jail.

6. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to restart this discussion somehow, and to do it, I'd like to ask this question: to the people who are choosing not to vote this election, what exactly is stopping you?

1. "My vote doesn't count."

I guess a lot of people think that way. But guess what? If EVERYONE thought that way, the only person who'd vote is the one drunk guy who wanders into the polling place carrying a bottle of Jack Daniel's. Your vote DOES make a difference, but ONLY if you choose to.

2. "I don't know how."

Hank Green has made a pretty in-depth playlist for every state, DC, the territories, and Americans living abroad/military on how, when, etc to vote.

3. "Both the candidates suck."

Yes, it's true that both Trump and Clinton are not very favored nationwide and even globally, but you need to remember two things:

• There are more than just the Republican and Democrat candidates running
    The two biggest ones are Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party and Jill Stein of the Green Party. And trust me, with this election and how unlikable the two main candidates are, a LOT of people are looking into voting third party.

• Even if you hate all the candidates, your state and local elections still mater
    A reminder that election day is NOT just for the presidency. State and local elections are also held on that day for some districts and they also matter greatly

Lastly, and this has been said numerous times in this thread, but if you do not vote in the election and a law gets passed that you didn't like, you have about as much of a right to complain as those who decided to abstain in the Brexit vote in the UK did.