Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

U.S. 2016 Election

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Timekeeper, May 7, 2016.

1. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Clinton's wealth was practically given to her by the democratic machine and the love it had for Bill Clinton. She used that status to it's fullest extent. She would have won the presidency before but the Democrats pulled the chair under her and went with Obama.
    Clinton "needs" wall street and the democrats because that's where her wealth comes from.

Trump on the other hand built his empire and is legit rich. Even if you think he owes it all to the crony capitalists he still got to where he is on his own.

Trump has nothing on Clinton's corruption, this isn't even close and is completely disproportional. At worst you could get Trump in a civil lawsuit while Clinton could land in a federal prison.

To answer your question ...
    Yes he used the system he's been dealt with. If that somehow absolves Clinton of her ties with special interests and wall street then I'm at a lost. I rather take the American thinking capitalist beholden to no one then the rent a politician who doesn't have the pride or self reliance needed to run a country.

I get the feeling we're not going to get anywhere else with this. Still I'm relieved this didn't turn into mudslinging as so often happens(although I did commit that faux pas to start).

How about we shift direction? I think I made my point anyway to the best of my abilities, anything else might just end up in a circle. Nice discussion, you got the last word maybe?

=====================================

Let's talk about the media. It's a major topic we haven't touched yet and it plays a big role in American politics. I got a problem with them these days, I just don't believe anything anymore from the big networks. Political discourse on t.v is nothing but a bunch of fail and I don't like it. The internet may have it's perks but talking heads still give a voice to issues.
    I get the feeling more people learn from relatives and friends then the actual media outlets.

2. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Trump inherited his business from his wealthy family, bought politicians for special favors to his company, exploited bankruptcy loopholes 4 times to get out of debt, and has outsourced labor to low wage countries. Being born into a rich family, dodging financial obligations through legal loopholes, and getting government quid pro quos hardly constitutes a self-made man, much less is his life story particularly so morally contrasting to Clinton's. Now has Trump perhaps maintained and expanded his company? Yes, to his credit he has, but still a far cry from being as independent as he is perceived.

Holding Clinton accountable for taking special interest money while allowing Trump a free pass for giving special interest money is absolutely an arbitrary double standard and there is no justification for drawing a distinction. That was my only point here.

Also, you do realize that lobbying and big money fundraisers aren't actually illegal right? The legal status of bribes isn't what makes them corrupt; it's simply the fact that they are occurring at all, and in fact this is what's a key part of the problem right now that most of the corruption is completely legal. If Clinton has the potential to end up in federal prison, it would be due to her ongoing email investigation right now, which is an issue of negligence, not corruption.

It absolves Clinton because she and her supporters use the same argument to justify taking the money. They claim it's just the way the current system works and the only way to win; you can't raise the necessary funds to run a successful campaign without it. And now with Trump all but finalizing his nomination at this point, we already see his campaign starting to adopt the same position.

My point is that it's a bad argument to begin with whether you use it for Trump or Clinton. It's the kind of logic not too far removed from military personnel avoiding responsibility for genocide on the basis of "we were just following orders". Obviously the actions are less egregious here but the reasoning is more or less the same.

On the topic of media - The cycle of access, political favors, and big money interests unfortunately extends to mainstream TV news as well. If a reporter presses a politician too harshly, they can be denied access to further exclusive interviews and events, discouraging them from doing their job and holding officials accountable. If anchors say anything deemed too inappropriate by advertisers that fund the channel, they can threaten to pull funding. Everything is made sure to never go too far in challenging conventional wisdom of the establishment, so obviously I don't get my news sources from television anymore. I find independent news sites and commentators online to be the most reliable sources.

#42 minisiets, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  3. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in here. This e-mail investigation is my biggest issue with Clinton. The bribes and corporate payoffs being a close second. The bribes are bad, but they aren't major incompetence bad. Hillary has twice proven that she doesn't have what it takes to be in the office of the President. First with the Benghazi incident, then again with this e-mail issue. I also believe that anyone with an active federal criminal investigation shouldn't be allowed to run. Especially when that investigation has to do with national security.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Not Hillary! Not the Hillary! (Tantamount to this)

I just don't feel comfortable about her. Sanders or Trump, but not her.
    If there was only one reason, it would be this:

Hillary is... Hillary. No other word to best fit her, if "Hillary" could be use in place of a negative word.
    Trump sounds insolent and arrogant.
    Sanders is... don't actually know much about him, actually. No news is good news, right? No? Maybe? Oh.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-35974537
    Trump's plan to get the US out of debt sounds nice, but I have my doubts it will really work, sounds risky at the very least.
    Obama promised a lot, but didn't do much. I fear the same will happen with Trump, though it may be different with his attitude. Maybe.

I would like to consider a president as a tool. And I want to use a tool to lessen the national debt.
    In this case, I will go with Trump, since he has that... "plan" (and because I have a tie with his name/brand name on it. *derp*).

Well, that's my meager thoughts on what I know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you!!! Not to be uncharitable, but Hilary Rodham Clinton is the biggest liar I have ever seen!!!
    Don't agree totally with Trump's attitude but he's the only one at this point I could vote for.......but his comment about Elizabeth Warren's Indian ancestry, hysterical!!!!

6. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The more anti-Trump protesters attempt to riot, the more people side with Trump. Have you seen some of these protesters? Most are illegal immigrants from Mexico making bold moves by inciting more criminal activity and flying the Mexican flag. What the idiots like Hillary don't understand is the more they pay these clowns to attack Trump and creating the violence themselves, instead of the Trump supporters, the more people side with Trump. People who would have normally voted against Trump are siding with Trump. It reveals a lot about your opponents when supporters of the Democrats are at Trump rallies and are creating the violence, constantly trying to attack police when they're trying to disperse the unlawful assembly (protests turning into violent assemblies).

Also, I'm sick and tired of Mexicans flying their flags. If they're so happy with their country, they need to go back to Mexico and get the hell off US soil. Mexican law when you're in Mexico, the law dictates that you cannot fly any other flag except the Mexican flag. This is further proof that they are stealing our resources, our money and our rights and if any candidate is for these criminals, then they are not the candidate we should be putting into office. All of these asshat illegals have no respect for the country that has been generous to them longer that we should have. In no other country would this behavior from illegal immigrants be acceptable, especially if you've illegally entered Mexico.

I think it goes without saying, I'm going to side with the candidate that will put US citizens and legal residents above anyone that is illegally here.

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Reminds me of when people find a good deal on EBAY and stupidly bid several days in advance and jack the price up in hopes of getting a good deal.

Xenophobe! Wait, that's not it.
    I see that frustration. My dad get's frustrated with illegal immigrants like this. He gets the image that they just do not care about American ways and things. Also, employers that make use of illegals for the sake of saving money is frustrating, reducing jobs for Americans while paying immigrants dirt pay. It was already bad enough like when steel design companies decided to outsource to India (in the end, it ended up costing about the same to have American workers do it). Outsourcing American jobs, annoying. I hear about big companies using illegals for work, and when these illegals are busted, somehow the company gets little to no trouble about it.
    I see no problem with people showing off their native flag, but if they show just that, it makes you think that they should go back to the place that they love so much. If they are legal, well, that is not so much of a problem, if it is a problem. They worked hard to become legal (I think).
    This all from what I hear.
    And that is something I will agree with. It get's annoying hearing about how an illegal get's deported several times.
    Thing is with illegals, not all of them are bad. Sure, we can all figure that out.
    I don't know, I feel mixed about. I guess enough bad people from a particular group will make people shun or fear them, kinda like the fanatic Muslim terrorists. Makes people start wondering if that Muslim right there is safe or not.

8. blaze1514 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I agree. America has long been taking care of other countries and people. Unlike some, I think it's a privilege to be considered the world police force. Even countries that hate us turn to us for help when they need it most. Just like the real 5-0. However if we don't take care of ourselves first, then how are we supposed to carry out that duty that the world both loves and hates us for. "We should be more caring." is a common quote I here from anti-Trump activists. Well, we can do that 10x better if our own house is taken care of first.

9. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't matter if they are good or bad, they are still criminals when they illegally enter the US and that's what I want fixed. We need initiatives in place that keep illegals from coming in, and only have incentives for those who are here legally, either by US citizenship or legal resident. We also need to kill the "anchor baby" clause. We need to disown any baby that is born in the US that is not born by parents of legal or US citizenship status. We need to kill every incentive that encourages illegals to flood here like the damn plague. When we do that, our crime rates will dramatically drop, especially for border states and border towns. Hell we need to increase our border patrol numbers and incentives and tell Obama to shove his "immigration" orders up his ass, since he's the one that put us in this mess with his orders to ICE not to detain illegals.

10. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    After what happened in Orlando, I'm supporting Trump. I believe he has our best interests in mind (to an extent). I'm tired of all these people apologizing about what happened in Orlando instead of DOING anything about it. Most (not all) of these people want people like me dead because of my lifestyle, and I am so baffled by why the community I'm apart of supports these people.

11. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    First of all, what exactly did you mean by " my lifestyle ", and what people are you referring to that the JustDubs Community supports?

12. Heizengard AKA Cernel Joson

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Nonono. I don't mean the JD community xD. I was talking about what Clinton and Obama support. And by my lifestyle, I mean that I'm not straight, so when I said community I'm apart of I meant the LGBT community.

13. jmriz Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok!!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    By that you mean you have a crooked spine!? I feel for ya man bad backs are the worst!

hahaha I jest I jest my good sir

Re-reading this joke I see now that it was an epic fail :confused: I need to refine my materiel!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Well, what did you expect?

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.
    He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.
    He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse,
    And they all lived together in a little crooked house

Had to be someone around here.

16. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I need to step out of here for a sec, I feel kinda offended right now, plus I've got a bad feeling about what will happen if Trump wins the elections, a really bad feeling

17. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0

What will happen is the world's doom's day clock will be set to midnight! and the end of the world will begin....

Zombies will rises looking for brains kinda of like this

anyways that's what I think will happen if Trump gets elected.....

18. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I'm gonna vote for the one that does not lie.

19. Cpt_K3nny Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    So your you're either not voting or you're voting for jesus???

20. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad idea...

But there is the separation of church and state, so he would not be allowed.