Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Traptember Elimination Games Nominations

Discussion in 'Elimination Games' started by Sporadic, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    I noticed it when it was first made, but thought it had been fixed by the time we got around to the last nom...

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Gotta speak up when you notice stuff like that lol.

3. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Darn, didn't even get to nominate and this whole thing was half my idea. I guess "you snooze, you lose." Oh well, a few good ones still got through. All hail Jun, Queen of the Traps.

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan, @Bedheadred, @Sporadic and @Mafiacow: Meta mentioned Gasper and saying someone should nominate him or her and as a result Mafia nominated Gasper but thing is, yesterday I watched ep 8 of DxD new and ep 9 WAS NOT out yesterday when I watched it and Gasper wasn't in ep 8 either nor has Gasper been in the show so far and Gasper is a freaking spoiler! (Honestly thought he was a she) I've yet to see ep 9 which if it's out then has been out for less than a day! I am actually a bit upset that this "trap" was spoiled for me and I hope we can switch Gasper out with someone else. If time is of the essence then How about Subaru Konoe from Mayo Chiki!? "He" isn't a spoiler and imo deserves to be in this competition.

Meta, why on EARTH would you mention/ask someone to nomenate Gasper when they are a freaking spoiler!? I honestly thought Gasper was a girl, not happy with you right now! :mad:

5. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan, @Bedheadred, @Sporadic and @Mafiacow: Meta mentioned Gasper and saying someone should nominate him or her and as a result Mafia nominated Gasper but thing is, yesterday I watched ep 8 of DxD new and ep 9 WAS NOT out yesterday when I watched it and Gasper is a freaking spoiler! (Honestly thought he was a she) I am actually a bit upset that this “trap” was spoiled for me and I hope we can switch Gasper out with someone else. If time is of the essence then How about Subaru Konoe from Mayo Chiki!? “He” isn’t a spoiler and imo deserves to be in this competition. Meta, why on EARTH would you mention/ask someone to nomenate Gasper when they are a freaking spoiler!? I honestly thought Gasper was a girl, not happy with you right now!

While I'm sorry that was a spoiler for you, I can't police this entire site. I rarely watch subs, especially ongoing series. Pretty much every nomination was a spoiler in some way because you eventually find out the character is not whom they seem to be--Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Naruto. Sporadic goes through a lot of trouble to make the bracket charts and there have already been predictions turned in. The nominations stand as is.

6. Roy-Blue Trophy Hunter Chat Moderator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I guess my nomination of choice would have been bad as well.... Though you can't expect any trap not to be a spoiler. That's usually the point. I think it might be a little late since Spor already made the bracket. Oh well.

7. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Well at least a certain spoiler from Bleach wasn't given. They were undercover for like thirty eps or more. XD
    If the bracket wasn't already made, I'd have changed it to rabbit kid.

8. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Natsuru-san wrote:
    @Metazoxan, @Bedheadred, @Sporadic and @Mafiacow: Meta mentioned Gasper and saying someone should nominate him or her and as a result Mafia nominated Gasper but thing is, yesterday I watched ep 8 of DxD new and ep 9 WAS NOT out yesterday when I watched it and Gasper is a freaking spoiler! (Honestly thought he was a she) I am actually a bit upset that this “trap” was spoiled for me and I hope we can switch Gasper out with someone else. If time is of the essence then How about Subaru Konoe from Mayo Chiki!? “He” isn’t a spoiler and imo deserves to be in this competition. Meta, why on EARTH would you mention/ask someone to nomenate Gasper when they are a freaking spoiler!? I honestly thought Gasper was a girl, not happy with you right now!
    While I’m sorry that was a spoiler for you, I can’t police this entire site. I rarely watch subs, especially ongoing series. Pretty much every nomination was a spoiler in some way because you eventually find out the character is not whom they seem to be–Steins;Gate, Black Lagoon, Naruto. Sporadic goes through a lot of trouble to make the bracket charts and there have already been predictions turned in. The nominations stand as is.
    Yeah still mad about the spoiler (Hate it when stuff gets spoiled for me) and that's fine that it stands as it is (Though this is going to further spoil Gasper for others) BUT! One thing I'd still like to say about the bolded is that's true to a certain extent though at the same time ones like me, Subaru, Steins;Gate etc. are revealed shortly after the show starts. S;G's trap was revealed in ep 2 if I recall right which was the same ep she first appeared in. I was revealed as soon as the show started practically and Subaru within ep 1. If I recall right Naruto's trap was revealed within same ep the character appeared in (Been years could be mistaken there) and I could go on. Sure some are spoilers such as Gasper (Even if the show wasn't new since Gasper didn't show up till ep 9 but was being show throughout the new season she's a spoiler) so the reason why I listed all that is because you made it sound like they're all spoilers that take a while to reveal that they aren't what they seemed to be when not all are like that. Traps like the ones I mentioned aren't spoilers and are revealed almost immediately.

9. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    potatoe

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan, @Bedheadred, @Sporadic and @Mafiacow: Meta mentioned Gasper and saying someone should nominate him or her and as a result Mafia nominated Gasper but thing is, yesterday I watched ep 8 of DxD new and ep 9 WAS NOT out yesterday when I watched it and Gasper wasn’t in ep 8 either nor has Gasper been in the show so far and Gasper is a freaking spoiler! (Honestly thought he was a she) I’ve yet to see ep 9 which if it’s out then has been out for less than a day! I am actually a bit upset that this “trap” was spoiled for me and I hope we can switch Gasper out with someone else. If time is of the essence then How about Subaru Konoe from Mayo Chiki!? “He” isn’t a spoiler and imo deserves to be in this competition.

Meta, why on EARTH would you mention/ask someone to nomenate Gasper when they are a freaking spoiler!? I honestly thought Gasper was a girl, not happy with you right now! :mad:

How is it a spoiler. They tell you his gender literally seconds after you first see him in the show. As mentioned every trap is meant to seem like the other gender so of course nearly every person on this list was meant to fool you. However the moment he shows up in the show his gender is revealed. He may have appeared in the opening and ending before hand but that is it. No one had even implied he was male or female so that was just your assumption. Granted that assumption was part of the point but he is stated as a guy from the very moment you meet him. Just being in the credits does not count as being in the series from the start. Therefor he does not count as a spoiler character as this wasn't some long help secret. A spoiler trap would be one that you thought was a gender for a long time after they were introduced only to find out differently later. So calm down if that is a spoiler everyone in the list is a spoiler.

It was established during villains month that they didn't have to be a villain from episode one to count. They just had to be a villain from the moment they were introduced into the series. So people who switched sides part way through were spoilers.

the reason why I listed all that is because you made it sound like they’re all spoilers that take a while to reveal that they aren’t what they seemed to be when not all are like that. Traps like the ones I mentioned aren’t spoilers and are revealed almost immediately.

You just answered yourself. His real gender was revealed almost immediately.

11. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    What i'm not happy about is knowing there's gonna be a trap in Highschool DxD. I have no idea who Gasper is yet. Don't rly care enough about DxD or about traps to find it a spoiler though. Compared to being told someone will die soon in one of your favorite animes, i can handle this.

12. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I don't really see the fuss. Getting spoiled about a trap ranks pretty low on the, for the lack for a more eloquent term, "give a f*ck meter." It's right down there with finding out a character eventually agitates his acid reflux by eating spicy curry. Some reveled genders are more important than others, like Bridget for instance. But others, like Gasper, don't affect the story line at all, especially when the gender was reveled to you seconds later.

13. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan: Look man. It was ep 9 (Still have yet to see that ep btw) that Gasper showed up in. There's only 12 or 13 eps more than likely and that's PRETTY late on bringing a trap into the equation. Not to mention said trap was in the ED (Maybe OP) song'(s) and was presented as female but yes while it's true that (Taking what you said to be true that is) Gasper almost immediately said their gender, well that makes them not a spoiler? WRONG! Gasper is a spoiler for these reasons. 1. Op &Ed song presented as female and doesn't show Gasper until ep 9 so people think Gasper is female and 2. That ep had only been out for a single day! That last one right there if not the 1st is without a doubt a SPOILER to those who had yet to see ep 9. That's something under any other condition you'd have put in a spoiler tag or within the DxD new thread itself and not of mentioned else where unless using a spoiler tag because what it comes down to Meta is, Gasper being a trap IS a spoiler and the rules stated no spoilers and the only reason why Gasper is still in here is because of what Red said. Just so you know I'm no longer mad and am calm but you wanted to know how Gasper was a spoiler? Well now you know and I'd like an apology from you Meta for spoiling Gasper for me and ruining a part of the show which could have been so much better had you not of done that. Last thing I want to say here is below.

@Meta & @Sporadic: Yes something such as a trap being spoiled might not be that big to ya'll or most people I'll add but it's still a spoiler and everyone is different. For me that was a HUGH spoiler and look at it from another point of view. It's not like traps come out everyday and it's not like many anime have them in it vs. the rest of the anime out there, esp ones which wait so dang long to introduce the trap such as ep 9 of DxD. How would you like it if something you considered to be a spoiler was spoiled for you? Better yet what if I told you this character in a certain mecha show dies from ????? (I'm sure you know which anime I'm referring too, drill and heavens if not) Now say you had yet to see it, better yet go back in time here and say it was just airing and let's say there was a nomination for characters who died and I nominated said character who died even though the ep which said character dies in had only been out for a single day. Now something like that would have really got to you, ruined part of the show and so on. Well for me that is EXACTLY how bad Meta spoiled Gasper for me. So while you're entitled to your own opinion of what is and isn't a big spoiler, the fact remains everyone is different and I am saying that Gasper IS a big spoiler to me. Though either way Gasper is still a spoiler as listed why above.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    It's still not a spoiler though. Just because Gasper was shown in the ending sequence doesn't mean he was magically introduced since the start. Op/ED often hint at things yet to come but that does not make Gasper a spoiler because his real gender was revealed with his actual introduction. So it's an established part of his character not a hidden secret. Your example of a character dying is completely different as it is revealing the fate of a character not some kinda characteristic established with their character. It's not like it's a critical part of the show anyway it's just kinda a gag so she show was hardly ruined in any way the reveal is treated as a complete joke. So it was hardly some kinda "OMG I CAN"T BELIEVE THAT HAPPENED" kinda thing. Also the reason I mentioned him despite only one day since the episode was that nominations were ending. So if I didn't get him in them he was never getting in.

EDIT:
    Hey I just realized why aren't you complaining about characters like Charlotte Dunois? She was introduced as a boy at first and I think it took at least an episode or at least until the end of the episode to tell you the truth. That is just closer to being a spoiler and it is actually slightly relevant to the plot (since it does cause events in the story). Is it because you saw I.S. already? So as long as it's not a spoiler for you it's okay? I could list 5 or 6 traps in this elemination that are spoilers if Gasper counts.

15. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan: Look man. It was ep 9 (Still have yet to see that ep btw) that Gasper showed up in. There’s only 12 or 13 eps more than likely and that’s PRETTY late on bringing a trap into the equation. Not to mention said trap was in the ED (Maybe OP) song’(s) and was presented as female but yes while it’s true that (Taking what you said to be true that is) Gasper almost immediately said their gender, well that makes them not a spoiler? WRONG! Gasper is a spoiler for these reasons. 1. Op &Ed song presented as female and doesn’t show Gasper until ep 9 so people think Gasper is female and 2. That ep had only been out for a single day! That last one right there if not the 1st is without a doubt a SPOILER to those who had yet to see ep 9. That’s something under any other condition you’d have put in a spoiler tag or within the DxD new thread itself and not of mentioned else where unless using a spoiler tag because what it comes down to Meta is, Gasper being a trap IS a spoiler and the rules stated no spoilers and the only reason why Gasper is still in here is because of what Red said. Just so you know I’m no longer mad and am calm but you wanted to know how Gasper was a spoiler? Well now you know and I’d like an apology from you Meta for spoiling Gasper for me and ruining a part of the show which could have been so much better had you not of done that. Last thing I want to say here is below.

@Meta & @Sporadic: Yes something such as a trap being spoiled might not be that big to ya’ll or most people I’ll add but it’s still a spoiler and everyone is different. For me that was a HUGH spoiler and look at it from another point of view. It’s not like traps come out everyday and it’s not like many anime have them in it vs. the rest of the anime out there, esp ones which wait so dang long to introduce the trap such as ep 9 of DxD. How would you like it if something you considered to be a spoiler was spoiled for you? Better yet what if I told you this character in a certain mecha show dies from ????? (I’m sure you know which anime I’m referring too, drill and heavens if not) Now say you had yet to see it, better yet go back in time here and say it was just airing and let’s say there was a nomination for characters who died and I nominated said character who died even though the ep which said character dies in had only been out for a single day. Now something like that would have really got to you, ruined part of the show and so on. Well for me that is EXACTLY how bad Meta spoiled Gasper for me. So while you’re entitled to your own opinion of what is and isn’t a big spoiler, the fact remains everyone is different and I am saying that Gasper IS a big spoiler to me. Though either way Gasper is still a spoiler as listed why above.

Did you seriously just compare that special someone from TTGL dying to a gender spoiler in DXD??

16. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan: Look Meta. If someone tells you that you spoiled something for them and even more so explains how bad while giving you a comparison of how bad you spoiled something for them then it's not YOUR place to say to that person which in this case is me that what you spoiled for me wasn't a spoiler. I gave CLEAR reasons WHY Gasper is a spoiler. You don't like the answers I gave, can't agree with or see how? Too bad. Just the fact the ep hadn't been out but for a day and KNOWING that people SAW Gasper and viewed her as a girl since ep 1 and Gasper doesn't appear till ep 9 is reason alone to call Gasper a spoiler. You don't believe me? Fine I REALLY don't care. What I DO care about though is here I asked for an apology and explained crystal clear how bad you spoiled it for me and you don't care one bit or say you're sorry. Sure deaths are OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HE JUST DIED!!!! But with Gasper my reaction would have been JUST as powerful and shocked to find out Gasper wasn't a girl HAD YOU NOT OF FREAKING SPOILED IT FOR ME!!!!! >_<

@Sporadic: Yes, yes I did and that's because for "me" that's just how big of a spoiler Gasper was for me.

17. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    And we wonder why lurkers won't post. I'm tired of all the arguing. You can't post and post until someone changes their opinion. People are different and have different views on life. Learn to respect differences, agree to disagree and move on. I'm closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.