Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

Time: Bludegoning Angel Dokuro-chan

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Timekeeper, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

It seems that October's rolled around and I thought it'd be only fitting to compile a sort of Halloween-ish review. You know, blood, vampires, ghouls, zombies, and otherworldly abominations that are meant to traumatize kids under the age of ten. So to reign in the new month, I decided to start off light and as the month progresses, the reviewed series that I choose will become more gruesome and terrifying.

So how about we just get into it. Here's the first review of the month: Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan.

Story:

Quite honestly, if you were expecting a solid story from this series, please look elsewhere or at least take the story of this series with a grain of salt. The series basically revolves around an unlucky bastard who, supposedly sometime in the near future, messes everything up. So in order to fix this, heaven sends down an angel to assassinate him. Which she does. Over. And over. And over. And...over...through resurrection. Once again, this series is to be taken about as seriously as a clown on a unicycle and to be more focused on it's comedic value than literally anything else.

Characters:

Now the characters are really nothing to speak of except maybe the titular character Dokuro. You've got a number of female love interests and the generic main protagonist who gets dragged headfirst into all of this. As I said before, the only real character I genuinely liked was Dokuro, mainly because of her obliviousness and sadism against the main protagonist, Sakura. With her causing more and more deaths than Sean Bean and Dark Souls, she certainly gets a thumbs up from me.

Art:

The artwork, really, isn't much to speak of. Even from my standpoint, a person who doesn't know all that much in terms of animation and art, I can notice that the artwork for the series is pretty plain and bland. However, the biggest shiners that you can plainly see in this series are the grotesque moments when some of the characters make cringe-worthy distorted faces or when Dokuro smashes the crap out of Sakura and makes a bloodier mess than the all-female once-a-month gladiatorial arena (except that the latter does not involve them splitting body parts, organs, and other disgusting features.

Audio:

I can say with confidence that I absolutely loved the dub for this series. The four main actors, Johnny Yong Bosch, Wendee Lee, Mele Lee, and Laura Bailey all perform their roles spectacularly, with Johnny Yong Bosch and Laura Bailey getting a more significant mention than the other two for their roles as Sakura and Sabato.

As for the music, again, there isn't really much to say. I suppose you could say that the opening for the series is a bit memorable and likeable, but aside from that, nothing else really stands out.

Verdict:

I will say this to conclude. This series is most definitely NOT for everyone. Sure, I suppose if you wanted a good laugh, you could watch it. However, if you don't wish to see a series where there's more blood and bodily harm than a Saw movie, I wouldn't recommend it. On the other hand, if it IS your cup of tea, all the power to you.

2. Brave-Fan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The Dokuro-Chan's voice is same as Haruhi,Konata and etc...