Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

This Week's Quiz is...

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Kaede, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    small talk
    These ones just weren't in my range.

2. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    got 2 and 3 (i think)
    small talk
    get up and go

3. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 8
    Topic: Debate

This topic may seem a little off topic but seeing as this is debating, it shouldn't be too much out of whack. Ok, I'm forever being told that Anime and cartoons are the same thing. As a result, It would be interesting to see what other's opinion is on the matter through debating.

Your role is to debate whether Anime is the same as cartoons or two completely different genres all together.

12620195.png

Remember, there is no correct answer... it's whoever gives the most reasonable and most backed up answer.

Have fun!

Good try though for last week's quiz @Noobs and @Core . I'm trying to find some challenging stuff here and there to shake things up a bit. Looks like I found some for the future. Hehee! Note taking. Hopefully this week's quiz is in your ranges.

#43 Kaede, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  4. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Anime, because that is the way it will be.
    ...That won't do for a reason, I guess
    (Question: There is an anime of the Powder Puff Girls? Sounds like it would be interesting, but my pride could keep me from watching, like with magical girl anime.)

A little difficult, I guess. for one thing, different universes run by different rules.

I will side with anime.
    Here is a comparison between Superman and Goku: Superman does not train and has not shown any increases in power. Goku trains, and at his current rate of progression has attained the Super Saiyan Blue status, beyond that of the Super Saiyan God status, and he shows no signs of slowing down.

Marvel and DC have their god characters, but anyone can come up with a bunch of fictional gods like that. How many characters have they made that actually trained from the ground up to be like Goku?
    Alright, I should choose another character aside from Goku.
    Vegeta is also quit-... wait a minute, same universe...

Let's get off of the power run. While the anime artwork is a preference of mine, rather than it truly being better, I will say my reason for liking it more.
    Marvel and DC are realistic, which is good, but also lacks the humorous facial expressions and appearance that anime has. It is also rather flexible, throwing in less realistic artwork when needed, or keeping it realistic (eyes do not count). A lot of variety can be used in it's flexibility. To add to that, anime is good for going with a story.
    As for the less realistic cartoons, those I cannot take too seriously, and some just feel like they are just obscenities, due to artwork.

Example: When was the last time you saw Cat Woman and said "How adorable!"?
    [​IMG]

Now try saying "How adorable!" when you see a different cat girl.
    [​IMG]
    Even just the expressions of the anime style are enough.
    upload_2016-3-29_9-34-22.jpeg

Now Keep in mind, I have not watched any real cartoons in years. Saw them in passing, but that is about it. That will be something you will need to consider in my assessment.

5. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    while their style and origin are different, i still consider them as the same. i have always stand with the principle of ration and proportion when it comes to discussions like this.

find the value for x.

if
    neko = cat : kotori = bird then
    tidal wave = tsunami : cartoon = x

both of them uses same media elements that i can get to separate the two. they both use dubbing, sketching, coloring, and casting.

6. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I personally define anime as (usually) Japanese animation aimed at teenage to adult audiences while cartoons often refer to generally western animation aimed at children.

Merriam Webster defines cartoons as 1) "a simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in a humorously exaggerated way, especially a satirical one in a newspaper or magazine." 2) "a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects." 3) "a full-size drawing made by an artist as a preliminary design for a painting or other work of art."

And defines anime as "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

Perhaps, then, the primary difference is that anime is a style of Japanese animation. Whereas cartoons need not, necessarily, be animated. But, that being said, you could still argue that anime is a type of cartoon. Particularly, a spectrum of similar styles in Japanese cartoons.

But, ultimately, I just don't care. =P

7. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Come to think of it, though, Anime's notable differences from cartoons would be in how the face is done, and that it tends to have Japanese aspects in it. Not much of a difference when you think about.

8. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 9
    I am yet to decide this week's winner. Internet troubles has been a bit of trouble of late... So I shall post the winner in next week's quiz. Sorry for the lateness yet again everyone.

Ok, something a little more easier.
    Topic: Riddles
    Q1) What kind of room has no doors or windows?
    Q2) Take off my skin - I won't cry, but you will! What am I?
    Q3) There are three bags. The first bag has two blue rocks. The second bag has two red rocks. The third bag has a blue and a red rock. All bags are labelled but all labels are wrong. You are allowed to open one bag, pick one rock at random, see its color and put it back into the bag, without seeing the color of the other rock.
    How many such operations are necessary to correctly label the bags ?

A1) Mushroom
    A2) Onion
    A3) Just One.example
    If u get Blue rock with label as "blue+red" => this is red as all labels are wrong.
    In this way u can logically solve this puzzle.

BONUS RIDDLE

8eaa084e3c283a8edf9422abea0398c9.jpg Bonus Question.jpg

Just type in a spoiler what you think it says.

Have fun!

#48 Kaede, Apr 5, 2016
  9. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    1) Mushroom? This feels like more of a pun than a riddle. =P
    2) An onion.
    3) Only one. All of the bags are labelled. Once you open a bag and discern its contents, you will be able to apply the correct label. The other two bags will still have incorrect labels, switch them around and you're done. That is assuming, of course, that these labels pertain to the contents of the three bags, and aren't just wholly random. Even if you get the bag with the different color rocks, the label will still not match up and you should be able to discern which, then, is the correct one. (i.e. if you draw the red rock it will have a blue label or a red label. In either case, you know that the label is incorrect and thus can be neither the red nor blue label, leaving only the red/blue label.)

Bonus #1:
    Figuratively Speaking?

This message serves to prove how our minds can do amazing things! Impressive things! In the beginning it was hard (it wasn't) but now, on this line your mind is reading it automatically with out (shouldn't that be one word?) even thinking about it, be proud! Only certain people can read this. (Can they?) Please forward if can read this.

I think there are some grammatical errors in this note. Never mind the mixture of letters and numbers. =P Did anyone else read this in the voice of someone with a lisp?

Bonus #2:
    If you can read this, you have a strange mind too. Can you read this? Only some people can. (Again, can they? I mean, unless you have some disorder preventing it, I would imagine that most people have the capacity to discern and extrapolate on what is being written.) I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind, according to research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human minddoes (There was no space..) does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important! (It is..) If you can read this share it.

#49 BaconMan8910, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  10. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 10
    The winner is @Core

Topic: Rebus Puzzles

1) important=important

2)
    O
    N
    C
    E
    TIME

3) LEM ADE

4) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1) Equally Important.
    2) Once upon a time (Once Up On A Time).
    3) Lemonade (LEM on ADE).
    4) Diamond ring

Bonus Question:
    Car
    Explanation: CAT - T + R = CAR

I have gathered data based on people's strength. Rebus Puzzle that I posted last time wasn't in people's area of expertise so hopefully these are easier.
    Enjoy1

11. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    My bedroom. :(
    Onion.
    Simple. I know the first contains blue only, the second red only, and the third has both.
    That won't do, will it? I guess four tries could do it. Check all three, then do another check on a bag that has the same color as another. But you cannot be certain, can you? Perhaps chance will constantly give you the same rock, leaving you unsure as to whether you are right or not.
    Figuratively speaking! Impressive things! You have a strong mind! Only a few people can do this! This message! I am too lazy to type it all out, but I can read it!

Equally important.
    Once upon a time.
    Incomplete lemonade.
    Diamond Ring.
    car

12. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Sorry everyone. The company in which my phone uses, has been having trouble with their internet and Data for the past couple of moths. Yesterday and today was so painful. I can barely open up the internet to search for some quizzes to do this week.

Hopefully, it's working properly soon and next week I will try my best to find some good riddles to fill in for this week as well.

13. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 11/12
    Topic: Brain Teasers

1. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?

2. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

3. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

5. What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billie was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?

7. In British Columbia you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

8. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

9. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”

10. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?

If possible, try doing this without a calculator. (Note, calculate exactly how it is. So if you were to type it in a calculator, you would just type the entire thing in a row.
    50 divided by 50 times 50 take 50 plus 50
    =

1. Johnny.

2. Meat.

3. Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.

4. There is no dirt in a hole.

5. Incorrectly (except when it is spelled incorrecktly).

6. Billie lives in the southern hemisphere.

7. You can’t take a picture with a wooden leg. You need a camera (or iPad or cell phone) to take a picture.

8. You would be in 2nd place. You passed the person in second place, not first.

9. Neither. Egg yolks are yellow.

10. One. If he combines all his haystacks, they all become one big stack.

11. Bonus Question

#53 Kaede, Apr 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    1) Johnny
    2) Meat, mostly. Though some butchers/delis sell cheese as well. =P
    3) Well, that depends. Everest is considered the tallest mountain in the world above sea level. But, some consider Mauna Kea in Hawaii to be the tallest mountain in the world, as it is over 10,000 m high when measured from its base below sea level, as opposed to Everest's 8,848 m.
    4) Is the hole in the ground (earth/dirt)? If so, there's bound to be a few grams, at least, left within the dimensions of the hole after digging. Unless we're assuming that this hole is absolutely perfect and not a single speck of dirt remains, then there would be none.
    5) So, the answer should probably be the word "incorrectly." But, if I'm not mistaken, shouldn't the question be "What word in the English language is always spelled 'incorrectly?'" Because, without the quotation marks are you not asking "what word is always spelled incorrectly" as opposed to "what word is always spelled as 'incorrectly'?"
    6) He probably lives in the southern hemisphere.
    7) I have to admit, this one stumped me. The issue is that you can't take pictures with a wooden leg (unless it's one of those new iLegs that Apple has been considering as part of a new line for the "modern pirate").
    8) Second.
    9) Neither. The yolk is yellow.
    10) I'll admit to having to look this one up. He would have one haystack (because he combined them all, teehee).

Bonus:
    If we follow the order of operations, 50/50 = 1 X 50 = 50 - 50 = 0 + 50 = 50.

#54 BaconMan8910, Apr 29, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  15. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Ummm...

16. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Oops... This is what happens when I start drinking early in the day. XD

• Like Like x 1
  17. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    I think the answer to seven is that Terry Fox never reached BC.

This is a surprisingly dark question.
    For those who don't know, the dude was doing a run across the country to raise cancer awareness, having had cancer himself and losing his leg to it, he had to quit the run before making it to bc due to developing lungs cancer.

18. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 13,14,15,16,17,18
    I am greatly sorry this has been on hold for a while... I should be on track for now on.

Ok...
    This week's topic: Debate

This argument is forever being argued and it's funny to hear what people have to say so I would like to see what others here think of this topic.

"Do you believe that social media negatively influences younger people in life?"
    Remember, there is no right answer. Just provide your reasoning through logical information to back you up.

Have Fun!

Bonus Question:
    What Fruit has their seeds on the outside?
    No cheating :p

#58 Kaede, Jun 6, 2016
  19. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Yes, at least in a miniscule way. And of course there are those who are heavily affected.
    It just depends on how this person is going to act on this influence. Younger people know less, and can accept garbage as truth.

Strawberry

20. Kaede Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +450 / 0 / -0
    Week 19
    This weeks Quiz: Mathematic Quiz
    I thought this week woild be a little different. I thought I would give you all a mathematic quiz online instead. It should be aimed at senior high school students.

http://www.mathopolis.com/questions/q.php?id=7676
    If this does not work then please inform mii.

[​IMG]I stuffed up first go as i wasn't paying attention so hopefully, you have just as much fun. You don't have to post if you were successful or not but if you do, please be honest.

Have Fun Everyone one!

#60 Kaede, Jun 13, 2016