Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

This election is a complete joke.

Discussion in 'Hall of the Elders' started by Heizengard, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    In the end, I voted so I could b!tch.
    'Nuff said.

2. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    For who?

3. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    I'll keep it a secret until it is too late. =P

4. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Heh.

In 4~ hours, then?

5. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    Trump wins.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vashnik Guest

『   』
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I came back to the forum just to see who would be the first to announce it. lol His speech was surprisingly more diplomatic than the media tried to portray him during the campaign. I know Facebook isn't too happy about Trump's speech though. They literally shut all the live feeds covering his speech once they found out he won. None of the live feeds were working for me at all on Facebook, so I missed a good chunk of his speech.

So far, what I managed to get before Facebook decided to go full-stupid and kill live feeds through their website was Trump congratulated Clinton, thanked her for her service in the public sector, he didn't gloat like an egotistic maniac, and he called for unity. Near the end when I found a new source covering the results that wasn't being fed through Facebook's "live feed" video feature, he spoke of the officers in New York (and thanking them), military veterans (and thanking them and working to fixing the VA), and closing with an "I'm your public servant now. Let's start working together to get this country back on track" type of message.

It'll be an interesting first 100 days of a Trump presidency when he takes the inauguration and officially takes office.

7. Teknoman X Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -0
    That's why I was watching Fox News. Saw the speech live.

8. Lince Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    Everyone's freaking out on FB right now. I live in a neighborhood that is pretty much all white and middle class, and there are so many people overreacting to Trump winning the election. People spreading vicious hate [mostly women] towards anyone who voted for Trump.

Let's just wait and see first. He got elected, and it's his obligation to try and do his duty to the American people. The only people who are overreacting right now are the people who genuinely believe that Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to America when he hasn't even spent a day in office yet. If he sucks, then he sucks, and we [hopefully] won't re-elect him in 4 years. I didn't like either candidate because I didn't agree with their policies, but what's done is done. No need to spread any more hatred than has already been spread.

Who knows, maybe he'll surprise us. I like to think optimistically, as the chance of this being the end of America as we know it is... I'd say... pretty low.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ddos_Dragon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    If I'm entirely honest, I prefer Trump to Clinton.

10. Timekeeper Great Big Jerk

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Well, the better person won. Certainly not a fan of either, but looks like Trump, much to everyone's surprise, myself included, came out on top.

Like @Lince said, give the man a chance. Again, I'm a bit iffy about him being our commander in chief for the next four years, but whatever, we play the cards we're dealt. I know quite a few people on Facebook (and on these forums) who would rather swallow razor wire, pull it out the other end, and floss themselves to death than see him in office when he hasn't even stepped foot in the White House yet

And to those bashing Trump just because he's a Republican, I've got news for ya: not every Democrat is a saint (see Flint's and Camden's mayors) and not every Republican is an asshole. You know who you are, so would you kindly shut up and accept defeat like an adult and not a grade schooler who lost in a running contest to the bus stop?

11. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Because it's wholly unreasonable to assume that a man that threatens to imprison his political opponent, ban an entire religion, end affordable healthcare, reverse LGBTQ rights, build a useless and prohibitively expensive border wall just to appeal to xenophobes, brags about sexually assaulting women, constantly belittles women, calls Mexicans "rapists", thinks climate change is a hoax, was a leader of the "birther" movement, wonders why we don't use our nuclear arsenal, is unwilling to place his companies in a blind trust as is required of presidents, ending treaties which limit access to nuclear weapons, invade the Middle East for the billionth time in order to fight a faltering terrorist group which poses little to no threat to the American homeland that we are partially responsible for creating, dodges taxes, wants to cut taxes for the wealthy (go figure), restore the Patriot Act (you know, that bill which limited our civil liberties and gave the executive branch far more power than it's supposed to have), increase military spending (we already spend more than the next 13 top spenders combined), continue use of fossil fuels (see global warming is a hoax), encourages violence at his rallies, whom is endorsed by the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the French Nazi Party, Vladimir Putin, and North Korea, and whom, I remind you, only tells the truth 4% of the time and lies 51% of the time, is the worse thing to happen to America.

Trump has built his entire campaign on racism, xenophobia, sexism, homophobia, and Islamophobia. He isn't just a bigot, he embraces bigotry and encourages it. His ideals lean closer to fascism than any other candidate in recent history. He's an authoritarian that speaks below a 5th grade level and promises empty solutions to made up problems.

In the U.K., following BREXIT, which held similar views to the Trump campaign, hate crime has risen by 40% and their currency has plummeted. Their new Prime Minister began ordering schools to take note of immigrant children, their major newspapers began calling for political opponents of BREXIT and those who were pro-remain to be "locked up."

Voting for trump doesn't, necessarily, make you a bigot, but you are in the company of bigots, and you support a bigot, and, at some point, that distinction ceases to matter.

There is cause to be afraid. Trump represents everything that is wrong with America, with humankind. His entire campaign has been predicated on telling us that minorities are the source of our problems and that he intends to fix that. He has bred further animosity, ignorance, and fear. He has widened the divide across ethnic, cultural, and religious lines. In Trump's world, it's Us VS Them and god help you if you're Them.

EDIT: Albeit anecdotal, I thought this was worth sharing: https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/796731913369161728

#31 BaconMan8910, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    YES!!!

The hyperbole is off the charts, not surprised since that was the type of campaign they ran. When it's morning again in America people would come back to their senses.

13. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Trump.
    I voted Trump.
    Proudly so.

It was the best way to deal a blow to Clinton, rather than being 3rd party. Last I saw, Stein had .9% of the votes, and that would not have blown enough of a pitiful blow to Clinton's votes.
    My reason in the end was probably spite.

For being deplorable:

For damaging our nation and bringing to surface prejudices of the USA:
    (1 hr long, doubt you want to watch that)

14. minisiets Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I put together a series of inspirational quotes from presidents over the years in honor of election day.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Core Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +488 / 0 / -0
    Reactions:
    -Pic #1: That's nice.
    -Pic #2: That's good.
    -Pic #3: That's i
    nspirational.
    -Pic #4: That's uplifting.
    -Pic #5:

[​IMG]

16. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I would have to agree with Bacon wholeheartedly. I don't classify myself as any party affiliate. If I had to classify myself as something, I would say that I am a Constitutionalist. I believe in the upholding of the most sacred, and most powerful law of our country. The Constitution. If is my firm belief that, because people are basically stupid until proven otherwise, that if we had educated out people properly, we would have never had the choices we had to begin with. Actually, if we had educated our people properly, we would have never had the choices we were given for the last 2 decades. But I'm straying from the point.

Given the choice between the two, which is all we really had since the 3rd party was a joke, you can really only go with the lesser of the two evils. Trump being a major evil and possibly the reincarnation of Hitler. Or Hillary, the bimbo who actually has experience in office.

As a Constitutionalist, I view Trump's actions as a danger for everything our country represents. Since our country began, the US has been a refuge for all of those who wish to be free. We've had people from all over the world flee to our country just so that they can enjoy the freedoms and liberties that their countries restrict. Which is why we have a large Chinese, Korean, Russian, German, and Middle Eastern populations in many of our Major Cities. The US is not the Aryan Race and we shouldn't even be thinking along any of those lines.

Our founding fathers are cursing us for being so stupid. I can only hope that either Trump changes his ways, or something drastic happens for the betterment of our people.

17. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Met with the president today. Seemed to have a cordial and polite meeting. Unless Obama pulls a Bill Clinton (lots of stories about Bush coming into office with a screwed up White House), seems like Obama would be a gentlemen on the way out.

Not that Obama is going away anytime soon. Everything seems to be calming down on the surface. With the exception of those payed protesters hacks in some of the cities by and large there's a definite effort to defuse anything volatile.

18. Rayden413 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Of course there is. Did you see the stock increase in Trump though? While investments from legitimate businesses like Sysco and Tyson went down .5%, Trump takes a whipping 3.4% increase in his stock. This is bullshit. Everyone is pouring their money into this asshole and causing legit business to go down.

19. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    The only stock Trump has now is America. Also the stock market is on the rebound after the initial shockwave of the election. Pretty sure the same thing happened with Brexit.
    I forgot to mention earlier, I wonder what sort of nitty gritty details Obama and Trump went over. The meeting took much longer then usual (an hour and a half). I seriously doubt they spent the whole morning drinking tea and eating biscuits. Maybe this is the part where Obama tells Trump "By the way a giant meteor is going to strike the earth in three years but don't tell anyone." Or my personal favorite "You know about Area 51? Well about those illegal aliens you were talking about..."

Anyway that's pretty much enough out of me this election season (unless something really crazy happens.)

I'm done here, peace everyone!

20. BaconMan8910 Blue Bomber

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I read this and thought that you had met with the President. I was like "oh shit." XD