Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Guts, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Guts Black Swordsman

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Wild Hunt
    By now I am sure everyone has heard about how great this game is due to it's high popularity and winning about 100+ GOTY awards from almost every video game outlet there is in existence. And this review will really be no exception, I personally believed it was the greatest game I played last year, So this review is going to be praise where it is deserved and then some critiquing because though I think its a great game it doesn't change the fact it has obvious flaws.

Gameplay:
    Though I enjoy the Gameplay it does get repetitive after a while it is your typical Action RPG feeling of swing your sword and Dodge the combat is kind of similar to Dark Souls I played on the difficulty right below the hardest which is Blood and Broken Bones and I felt I was moderately challenged at certain stages of the game, The Wild Hunt feels epic and strong and the fluidity of combat is really nice on the side of the hack n slash fun and goodness we also have exploration, which assuming you're looking at this game there is plenty, The world is absolutely gorgeous and its landscape is filled with life, It is probably one of the biggest maps I've seen in quite sometime, Definitely worth traversing as well because of the many rewards you can randomly find. On top of that if you want to take a further break from all the madness you can go into any tavern and talk to some shop keepers to play a card game known as "Gwent" in their universe it is a basic card game but I spent a few hours developing a deck I enjoyed every nook and cranny of the game I can confidently say. and I feel like it was a great experience.
    Story:
    The story is LONG! however that shouldn't deter you away from the game, Especially since the story being long also is great, It doesn't skip out on any details from raising Ciri to who the hunt are though they were touched upon in earlier games, they were never shown until the third, and they are quite fearsome. I have yet to beat the game because I've been so busy however I'm at the last scene of the game I have become so engrossed and enamored with the game's immersive story and world that I just couldn't help to hear more about the tale of Geralt of Rivia and his various friends. However, some of the side quest and witcher contracts are linked to the story and your decisions will affect something in the game which is a good and bad thing. My only complaint about story is one of the best lines is early in the game and though the quality never dips it just doesn't consistently grip you like the bloody baron quest does

Visuals:
    There is no doubt from screenshots or even playing the game you can tell it is visually beautiful, probably one of the best graphics in a game to date, way better than Arkham Knight (in my opinion) however there are moments when the animations are stiff and it is usually a dialogue scene that allows you to punch a person, or sometimes they just seem stiff, i know it seems nitpicky but it is a triple A title and it is GOTY for many (including me) but they should have spent more time polishing the small things (even though they did that very well.

Verdict: 9.5/10
    I give this game a 9.5/10 because the issues I have with it are small and they in no way shape or form break the game. overall this is only my opinion and everyone is going to have a different opinion on Witcher III: Wild Hunt, Especially with 2015 being such a toss up year for video games that came out.

Also!

If there is a specific video game you would like for me to review I will play it and give you my honest opinion on something. I hope to hear your feedback! and let me know your opinion on Witcher III.