Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The Walking Dead Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sporadic, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Damn, those similarities to the comic.. I noticed how good it was, but this still positively suprises me.

Well what can i say about this episode?
    Bye bye Bob.. Atleast he didn't get a crappy death being eaten by walkers in that store.. Gabriel is such a weird guy....

Comic stuff:
    I guess Bob was bitten back in that store already but was hiding it. Now he's probably gonna yell TAINTED MEAT and complete Dale's death. Is it me or does Gabriel seem like an even bigger wuss than in the comics?

2. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Comic related
    Yeah I hope he yells tainted meat and Bob will officially be a combination of three characters. An original character from the comics, remixed with a new appearance / story and completing Dale's death because let's face it, the scene where the hunters eat his leg is amazing. Now Sasha is going to go through the depression of the death just like Andrea did when Dale died. I honestly didn't think we would see the scene from the hunters where the leg was eaten. I just figured that whole part was remixed for Terminus.

3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Comic related:
    Yeah, it did seem like it was gonna be remixed with the Terminus stuff. That would have been disappointing. Btw, were these hunter guys from terminus? How did they know Bobs name? I didn't get that. The leg eating scene was great. Bob slowly awaking and looking around seeing his own leg being eaten. Great stuff.

4. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    For all we know they could have learned Bob's name before Rick, Carl and Michonne even arrived at Terminus. Or there's a theory that Bob was part of the original Terminus group.

5. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    He was talking to him as if they've known him for quite a while. Saying things like ''to think its you who ended up in our hands'' and ''i never would have thought you would taste this good, Bob''.

6. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember the whole "to think its you who ended up in our hands" most of that speech was taken directly from the comic. Also,
    I just assumed "never thought you'd taste this good" was a racist statement haha.

7. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Ep 3
    Could be lol. Makes that guy an even bigger asshole.

Man the tainted meat part was awesome. Bob died a good death. I don't like that they ended with a cliffhanger though, gotta wait a whole week to see who's with Daryl. Carol? Beth? Morgan??? Maybe Beth met Morgan somewhere along the road.

8. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    ep3

He did die a good death, "your eating TAINTED MEAT" as he just lold! it was a decent episode overall , and rick ended that dick heads life like a pro , hack N slash!

comic
    relating to ep3

so I guess Beth wasn't kid napped by those cannibals but by that other group of people, as I watched " scenes of the next episode" if that's the case I wonder why they did kidnap her. I forget if a kidnapping occurred in the comics actually

9. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah so it seems like Gareth made a point of knowing all of their names. Doesn't seem all that unusual now that he knew Bob's name. I'm thinking Beth is with them, Morgan will probably track them to DC for awhile. Gotta leave his introduction to a more suspenseful part instead of just like, "Oh shit look its Morgan." I think it's Beth that's with them. And I think this is how it will happen. Episode 4 is already confirmed as a beth episode. So I think the episode will start off immediately with her in that hospital with those new people. The story will last into episode 5 and at some point we'll see Daryl and Carol save her which will lead us up to where we left off in episode 3 except perspective focus will switch to Daryl, Carol and Beth coming out of the woods and them running into Michonne.

10. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I think i'm sold on that theory. Sounds like it could really happen. Just letting Morgan appear like that would be bad, but ending an episode to make us think for a week and then it's just Beth, did they really think anyone thought Beth would be dead? The problem for me is that they don't show a preview of the next ep in Holland so i didn't get to see Beth at all. And no i don't think they did a kidnapping at this part in the comics. The only kidnapping i can really remember is with Negan.

11. RodRule Duct Tape is the answer to all life's questions.

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Episode 2 and 3

I am liking the new season so far. Especially with the similarities to the comics. "I'm tainted meat" just made it even better. With that, them going after the cannibals and Bob's death scene just brought more of the comic into it for me which I really liked that they did. Oh and bringing Gabriel in. Over all I say great start off to the new season.

#91 RodRule, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    This weeks ep:

I didn't like this ep. They didn't continue on the Beth story despite leaving us with a cliffhanger last ep. The stuff with Abraham's group in this ep is just kinda meh. It feels like Eugene told them too soon about him not being a government scientist.
    I did like that Abraham's back story was in it.

#92 Batosai, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  13. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I loved the returning to Atlanta. Only now, viewers get to see just how far civilization has fallen since the beleaguered sheriff first hit the road in search of his family. Other locations featured during Sunday's hour included the tank in which Rick hid from a massive walker attack; the rooftop where Merle was handcuffed and seemingly left to die; the freeway from season 1's key art; and the gate where Rick cut his way through. (Other mentions included Carol's abusive marriage to Ed and her return to the shelter she and late daughter Sophia once sought refuge in.)

Meanwhile, only two episodes of The Walking Dead remain before season five hits pause for the holidays as the zombie drama prepares for a new human vs. human confrontation. With Carol struck by a car and taken to Grady Memorial, Daryl finds a friend in brief foe Noah. Noah, the guy Beth helped escape from the hospital, is likely with Daryl when he returns to Rick and the church group with inside knowledge of Dawn and Grady Memorial's inner workings. Elsewhere, Abraham's team could also be returning to the church, giving Rick's group renewed strength in numbers to take on Dawn and company.

Robert Kirkman said:

"This confrontation is definitely going to be substantially different from the confrontation with The Governor or Gareth. We do continue to evolve these human-to-human conflicts in very interesting ways, and this is no different. There are going to be some pretty unexpected events in our midseason finale, which is as it should be. On a scale of one to 10, I'd say [the midseason finale is] pretty deadly."

14. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Last episode! 8
    well well well, wasnt expecting that to happen, but this last episode was not what I expected! I blame the comics, just did not see that part coming, from the start of this season, it kicked off amazingly, but ill admit a few of the eps did drag on, I was expecting more action, not that I didn't enjoy this season or it should be all about action but still I feel that I am missing some action with my food on this season.

15. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Time to revive this thread? @Sporadic , @sayWut , @RodRule , @Heizengard .

TV Series related:
    Apart from still being pissed off about Tyreese's pathetic death, not much happened in this newest ep. Just Sascha, Maggie and Daryl being depressed about the ones they lost. 2nd time Daryl has cried in this series? First time being after Merle died. The last scene was interesting.

Comic spoilers:
    Aaron!!!!! Finally we're moving on again and finally something real from the comics. I'm now understand why they were in such a rush to kill Tyreese off. He's not supposed to be there in Alexandria. Also, shouldn't Morgan be caught up by now? I think he was with the group in the comics when they meet Aaron.
    I just hate how they gave a teaser for the save zone with people living in houses by showing the place where Noah used to live. Alexandria is supposed to be the first of this kind of place after Woodbury. Atleast we're gonna see Rick with short hair again.

16. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Comic related:

Yeah Noah's community was a rehash of that community Whiltshire from like issue 7 of the comics (where Allen's wife Donna, Ben and Billy's mom, died) It was even shown on the sign outside of the gates to be called 'Shirewilt."

Series related:

I was kinda hoping that they would stall out the story a bit more before moving on to Alexandria. Was kind of excited to see that they were hinting something about "The Wolves" attacking Noah's community because I hoping we'd get a new storyline to prolong the trip to DC even longer. Kind of wondering if they're going to go back and dwell on that anymore or if they're just going to leave it there.

Series spoiler:
    The synopsis for the next few episodes have been out for awhile. In two weeks they will be in Alexandria for sure because the description says, "The group tries to adapt to new life in a community and is having a hard time." This kind of lines up with why Andrew Lincoln was shown at a TWD premier party around s5ep4 with his beard completely shaved despite filming for the second half of s5 not being complete yet. Because Rick shaves his beard off when he is made the sheriff for Alexandria. Fun little fact, Norman Reedus has Andrew Lincolns beard in a ziplock bag in his freezer lol.

Panel to screen comparison:

http://www.thewalkingdead.com/episode-509-panel-to-screen-comparison/
    http://www.thewalkingdead.com/episode-510-panel-to-screen-comparison/

17. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Whiltshire, Shirewilt. lol. Why so close to Alexandria though.

Aaron looks amazing in the show. The excact same outfit as in the comics. Well done to that.

18. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but the hair is kind of off which slightly bugs me. Also about Morgan.
    I think they're leading up to something epic with him as they're probably wanting him to be more of a major character than he was in the comic.

I think Tyreese getting bit on the arm and Michonne chopping it off was redone from how Morgan got bit in a similar way and had a similar fate in the comic. Both got bit on the arm, both had it chopped off by Michonne, both died of blood loss vs the bite. Morgan by this point was already back in the group since he rejoined around when the guys met up with Rick and Abraham and Carl in the comics (the claimers on the show).

19. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I was thinking the same thing, about the Morgan scenario. But Morgan got to live abit longer than Tyreese though, so they wouldn't even give him that much screen time. Maybe they'll give a Tyreese kind of role to Morgan instead. Though Rick already has Daryl by his side and Abraham SHOULD become important very soon, they better not screw him up too, so there's gonna be way too many ''right hands''.

20. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    There's a theory going around that Glenn should be switched out with Daryl for Negan's bludgeoning with Lucille. That will show everyone in the group, and all the fan who are watching, that Negan ain't nobody to be fucked with. Although that will take away from Maggie's character development in All Out War. Also, isn't she technically pregnant right now?