Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The type of Anime characters you hate

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Auldor, May 28, 2013.

1. Auldor Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you have watch enough anime you have seen a lot of the cliche characters from the smart girl with glasses, to the guy who goes out of his way to help all the girls. But what type of character can you just not stand the type once you see them it make you question finishing that anime.

for me the type I can't stand is the type with power but refuses to use it even at the cost of others getting killed (ex: the main characters from trigun, and legend of the legendary heroes.)

2. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For me it's any character that demonstrates a high degree of selfishness, but then that's also the sort of person i despise in real life and also i guess you can't really say it's a character type... but then you do see a lot of them in anime, ie.: In harem romances the girl/guy who will pursue a guy/girl despite knowing full well that he/she's in love with another party whom also loves them back, so basically they're putting their own feelings above that of two other people, one of whom she/he supposedly loves. OR villians who's excuse for destroying the world is that it's really shitty to people and everyone's better off dead. No, we all can tell that's him/her just bitching about how the world has mistreated him/her and is now bent on lashing out at everyone just because things haven't gone his/her way by going so far as to impose his/her own view of how the world world should be despite everyone else accepting that life is basically how you deal with it and there for having no problems with getting on with their own.

And then there's Taisuke from the School Days anime who can go and fucking burn and then drown and then suffocate before being skinned alive for the shit he does in that anime! And the same goes to any other character (and RL person) who does that sort of thing!

3. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I'm not a fan of Tsundere's IF THEY ARE DONE WRONG. (Right Louise). However I also hate the over-powered type aswell. Also the clingy worthless girl who does nothing to help the anime, like Yoshida from Shakugan no Shana.

4. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Wimpy main characters. If they don't have any real power to stop events that's one thing but if they refuse to adapt and continue to be "whiny" then it really gets on my nerves. Keep in mind that this usually refers to the males. Usually a powerless female at least provides emotional support to someone or provides a convinient plot device (we must save the princess!)

5. Auldor Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I’m not a fan of Tsundere’s IF THEY ARE DONE WRONG. (Right Louise).

yes I found Louise quite frustrating every season no matter how far her and Saito relationship developed she would just restart it back to square one.

6. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sir Maddy wrote:
    I’m not a fan of Tsundere’s IF THEY ARE DONE WRONG. (Right Louise).
    yes I found Louise quite frustrating every season no matter how far her and Saito relationship developed she would just restart it back to square one.

Can you blame her when Saito never drew a line in the ground with the other girls?! Seriously not even when they finally get together does he turn around to the rest and tell them that his heart belongs to Louise and they should stop getting between them. It was that whole thing that killed Familiar of Zero for me, every series it just got worse until the final series made it absolutely unbearable!

Mind you, having said that, i do actually agree with you on your point. It's like the author had just one trick with them two and really couldn't think of anything else to do with them but keep making the same, increasingly lame and frustrating, joke over and over again, and it just totally doesn't fit any more once their relationship develops beyond master and servant into one of mutual love.

7. Sporadic Site Dev Moderator Director

Ratings:
    +981 / 0 / -0
    I hate the Moeblob characters. It's just an annoying character archetype.

8. Auldor Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you blame her when Saito never drew a line in the ground with the other girls?! Seriously not even when they finally get together does he turn around to the rest and tell them that his heart belongs to Louise and they should stop getting between them. It was that whole thing that killed Familiar of Zero for me, every series it just got worse until the final series made it absolutely unbearable!

you make a good point

9. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I like tsundere's in general but not as hopeless as Louise for example... Oh god save me how annoying she is. Because of her I can't even force myself to watch 3rd season now -.-

10. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    I like tsundere’s in general but not as hopeless as Louise for example… Oh god save me how annoying she is. Because of her I can’t even force myself to watch 3rd season now -.-

Do what I did and just watch them because you feel bad that the author passed away.

11. BlurredExistence Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^That's not a good enough reason imo. You shouldn't watch anime/read manga just out of sympathy or guilt, you should watch/read it cause you enjoy it! Otherwise you're just insulting those who made it. I'm sure they want their creations to stand on their own two feet and not receive pity just because someone died.