Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The official help identify this anime thread

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga Chat' started by Supernatural-Knight, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    1 year later, DANG! Excuse me if I don't believe that 1 year stuff. lol Also, good to see this thread hasn't died after all. :)

2. Doomguy I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -0
    Lol one year later :)

Reminds me of that certain someone from Requim of the Phantom.

3. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

ok so I know the anime, however I do not know the specific episode. Its black lagoon, and what im looking for is the scene, where there are riots, i think it may last around 1 min. Its in a different style of the anime, there are added grain effects and the saturation has been bumped up where as general vibrancy has been toned down during midtones.

This is a pic of what im looking for, I think its from black lagoon im %80 sure. The pic is from an amv i did ages ago

[​IMG]

4. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    Looks like it's a flashback episode.

5. sayWut Head Market Research Analyst

Ratings:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Looks like it’s a flashback episode.

yea but from where is the question, ive checked black lagoon but couldn't really find it , but theres still a lot to re check, noobs thought it may have been a scene from ep 11 but nope :confused:

also at 3mins in on my amv, theres some more clips

@bedheadred
    maybe you can shed some light

EDIT - bk201 managed to find the episode :D it was episode 12 , around 5 mins in on black lagoon!
    mmmmmm

6. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    "Oh, thanks Maddy for trying."
    "No problem Wut."

7. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    ok so today a friend of mine insisted that i showed her an anime months ago and i have no idea what anime she was talking about. i need your help guys in identifying the name of that series.

ok here are the key things that she told me.

> a girl MC
    > big boobs MC
    > MC had so much luck of the world and it caused the world go unbalanced
    > then a goddess decided to summon her and removed some of her luck
    > and a masochistic dog named Momo
    > the MC has a butler who takes good care of her

8. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Noobs, too easy, the series is Binbougami ga.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/13535/Binbougami_ga!
    I enjoyed this series, MAL says I rated it an 8 so I can see why you'd show it to other people, although I am confused about how you know it since it isn't on your list.

9. Noobs I Love Trophies

Ratings:
    +631 / 3 / -1
    @supernatural-knight

thanks man! well this friend of mine keeps on saying that it was me who suggested that series. i really have no idea of this series which explains why it is not in my MAL. i keep on telling her that its not me but she wont believe me.

oh my my Brina and Kana voiced the MC! immediately added to to watch list. it has high ratings. this is a fun series basing from the reviews im reading.

10. dnst3qface Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hello all and i'm glad this thread was brought back and made permanent to the forum. i'm trying to find this action some what adventure anime. i tried a few other avenues for search  but they didnt pan out. i'll be as descriptive as possible with this. it's set in a world where you have magic users but they keep to them selves. they also have this one woman or family member type girl who is quite powerful. a rival group or something need her out of the way. even though she's suppose to be strong they tricked her into a barrel or container. then she finds herself with little clothing on a island where her power is sealed off i think. either an anklet or wrist type of thing. however she has enough power or brains or both to dump a magic item or pot magic/spell into an item, throw it into the sea and it finds it's way to some dude. this opens up the plot for war between humans who know of these magic users and the magic users. the guy who finds the magical item seems young and has a brood-ish/chip on his shoulder personality. it's what i can recall, anyway he saves a friend at the grave of a sister. either his or the friend that came to the grave. i think after an episode we find that a huge beast like curse or thing is being summoned or awoken out in the sea. not too far from land, japan somewhere, our protagonist goes to inspect and help bring it down.

i dont recall all the specifics of that fight so i'll move on: the next fight i remember is the main protagonist, who was given powers through the barely "imprisoned" clothed girl on the island somewhere. leaves to find something or someone. on his way through town things are eerie. as in no one outside and wrecks n' whatnot. the fight is with this guy who uses or holds a cane or umbrella for most of it. that's all i can recall really.

after thought though: the powerful woman on the island who reached out to the guy through the item or spell thrown into the sea. she can talk to the protagonist who was doing the fighting. i'm not too sure but i think this connection of communication wasn't perfect or long lasting or stable.

he was in high school til he left. i think due to his sisters death. he made a deal with the woman on the island. in exchange for helping her. he wants to know who killed his sister.

well that's all i have. thanks for any help :>.

11. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @dnst3qface The series you are looking for is called Zetsuen no Tempest. That was heaps of details and I only needed up until the sealed magic on an island after being stuffed into a barrel. For all your searching I hope you enjoy the series more than I did.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

12. dnst3qface Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @dnst3qface The series you are looking for is called Zetsuen no Tempest. That was heaps of details and I only needed up until the sealed magic on an island after being stuffed into a barrel. For all your searching I hope you enjoy the series more than I did. http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

thanks knight. well maybe i will. most times i will have he will or enthusiasm to watch a whole series through. however that all depends on different factors. this anime, like others, was put on hold because i tend to move onto things or get busy with somehting else. then i forget or get into my regular daily shows and other games etc. then i forgot too easily if i don't add it to my anime list or something. too many to-do list ha ha. we shall see if i do enjoy this show or not. maybe i will ;O. thanks again.

13. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    I keep remembering what happens in this anime that I watched at uni a while ago, but cannot recall the name of the anime. Basically a high school student gets flushed down a toilet and he ends up in a medieval fantasy world. Then I seem to remember he starts dueling with the guards in the castle he ends up in and rules over a kingdom. Just can't remember the name of the anime..

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I can safely say I have not heard of a shounen series that the main character gets flushed down a toilet. I'm not sure if I've ever seen an anime character being flushed down a toilet, I've seen some fall into the pit ones before though. Could it be one of the Hack series?
    @Metazoxan Shounen series are your area of expertise, do you know what this series is?

15. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
    It was definitely not part of the .hack series. It was something else. I can't remember the name of the anime though >_< it's been so long since I watched it! And I only saw it as a taster session! So I think I only saw the first 2-4 episodes.

16. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I believe you are talking about Kyo Kara Maoh. It wasn't exactly that he got flushed down the toilet it was more he was summoned to the fantasy world through a portal in the water and it just happened to occur while some bullies were showing his head into a toilet. The only duel is the first few episodes I can remember is with Wolfram (Who I hate BTW) and that was due to an argument. It's an interesting series that is well worth the watch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. VeritasOdiumParit Cult of Personality

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -0
  18. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Well I'm pretty sure that regardless of the answer I won't watch this but does anyone know where this gif come from? It seems like something that I should at least know where it comes from, even if it is just for general trivia sake. Patriotism........
    [​IMG]
    @Metazoxan, @Severus @MrLincecum any of you know?

19. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    hmmmmm. I know I've seen that girl before but then again maybe it's just because she's pretty generic. That guy however I know I've seen before because I remember thinking he reminded me of Zoro.

The anime is called Yakitate!! Japan. I've never seen it myself but I've seen plenty of references to it because those who have seen it like to make fun of it. So since I've never seen it I can't really speak for or against it but I can tell you this much

[​IMG]
    Yeah apparently what this show is best known for it's how absurd it can get even though it's supposed to be a show about bakers. So if you thought it was just a fan service show I'm pretty sure that is wrong but again I can't say much about it since I've never watched it.

But in it's defense I've never heard anything really bad about it and it's MAL score is pretty good. So it's probably worth giving a chance.

#39 Metazoxan, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  20. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Wait seriously @Metazoxan, your saying that this gif which looks like I'd hate the show is from a series I was considering watching at one stage?
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/28/Yakitate!!_Japan

Well I'll be, didn't think it'd be that quick for a response. So I guess I was wrong, I still plan on checking this series out eventually. Thanks for the help. Looks like this series is genuinely well received, surprising considering this gif makes it look so cheap