Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club's General discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 6, 2013.

1. OtakuSenseiHig Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i remembered i saw blood lad somewhere its a manga i flipped through the book but didnt read it but it did look pretty interesting

2. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Dog and Scissors was rather fun. I like such type of girls, so yeah I'll be continuing that one :D

3. Mal327 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Scissors seems to be trending in recent seasons, Still this new one looks pretty interesting im looking forward to how they develop the story.

4. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I didn't like Dog & Scissors at all. If it was a normal dog then maybe it would've been fun, but not a boy who turned into a dog who was crying that there were still books he wanted to finish when he died.

Anyways, @Sporadic, you might wanna check this anime out, it's created by the same author as Fist of the North Star.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18771/Gifuu_Doudou!!:_Kanetsugu_to_Keiji

I enjoyed this first ep. Samurai's are my favorite anime setting and it's different than most animes. I enjoyed :)

5. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    You know, after checking the trailers of all the summer anime (again), more anime got my attention, for now those are:

Monogatari Series Second Season
    High School DxD New
    Hyperdimension Neptunia
    Free!
    Fate/kaleid Prisma Illya
    Blood Lad
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
    Tamayura: More Aggressive (Yes, I watched the first season)

6. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Damn the powers that be, I haven't had nearly enough time for my new releases this week so far. I've managed to catch up some of the final eps and the episodes of ones that I enjoy more but haven't been able to watch all new things since Sunday. That also means that I am so far behind the new releases of 3 shows that have begun in the last three days too.

Oh well, I will catch up eventually.

7. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I'm simply watching everything again (I mean first eps)

8. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Including our requirements of Blood Lad and Danganronpa
    besides those listed below I think the only other ones Im watching are DxD, HN, and TWGOK

Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 10:34 PM [Excellent IMO]
    Shingeki no Kyojin Recap ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 8:38 PM
    Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 7:38 PM
    Servant x Service ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 5:57 PM [This was good]
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou ep. 1 Edit Yesterday, 5:26 PM [Interesting]

Kind of a short list from nearly 20 anime I watched last season.

I dont see why you guys want to watch a anime about a male swim team.

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @keiichi-morisato, you answered your own question. I want to watch Free because it is an all male cast show [or at least it looks like it], these are somewhat rare considering what the usual anime themes are and it is a sports one too so it is kind of an out there choice for a series.
    This show basically guarantees that there will be no moe factor or always present boobs/panty shots, and these are some of the themes that annoy me greatly. Considering how most shows follow this in one way or another, to watch something so different is actually quite refreshing. Sure there is fanservice for the girls but it isn't like they are throwing the guys arses in your face every 5 minutes so it is easily watchable.
    And believe it or not it has a bit of promise to it as well and so I will keep following this regardless of the outcome, heres hoping that it gets better and shoves the "yaoi themes" down all the haters throats [haha see what I did there]

Anyway I just made the DxD New discussion thread
    http://dubtopian-review.eu/topic/high-school-dxd-new/
    This is the official unofficial collaboration activity between this and the anime cafe, as such make sure all relevant posts to DxD are posted in there from now on. Of course you can reference it in this thread but make sure to say you've written the rest of your thoughts in that thread from now on.

10. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I get your point but I still dun wanna watch it.

11. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have yet to watch any of the new releases yet, as I have been too busy trying to catch up on the anime that I was currently watching when my internet decided to shut off for a few weeks. Meaning I had 4-5 episodes to watch for about 10-15 anime I was watching.
    So far I caught up to or completed most of the anime, but there are still two more anime I need to catch up on before I can watch anything new. Sorry for not participating in the new discussions so far!

12. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Watched episode 1 of Silver Spoon (Gin no Saji). Was interested in this one since i did an animal study myself. Not even close to how this school is though, this one is alot better than mine since mine was only a small school.

I did enjoy it. MC's abit weird but i like it. Though this anime seems to have something against Chickens :|

13. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @batosai, I watched Gin no Saji too Bato, it was a pretty good first episode but then again that isn't surprising as I expected it to be. Not sure why but I had this feeling that it will be a good different kind of comedy and judging from first impressions looks like I was right. The MC is weird because he is from a city growing now taking courses in the country about topics city kids have no bloody clue about, plus his reason being "I don't have to go home" hmm good shady potential for character development there. The chicken part, hell that made me laugh just that guy collapsing, and run a marathon of that length screw that.

@lunar, don't worry about it I'm not strict about any of these rules really just as long as there is some discussion and you do participate on some occasions it doesn't particularly matter. The only rule I'm dead serious about, if anyone spoilers anything from Danganronpa they will be kicked and banned from this club, what would be the point in watching a series like this if you already knew the outcome?

Also Free 2nd ep, this is getting better, haters eat your heart out because this has some potential. And that OP, damn it is awesome.

14. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    No Knight.
    What is a good OP is the Servant x Service one. Style wise anyway.

Also I've done it again, I've picked up too many series.
    These are ones I'm not watching:
    Kingdom 2
    Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou
    Brothers Conflict
    Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji
    Tamayura: More Aggressive
    Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
    Uchouten Kazoku
    Genshiken Nidaime
    Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 2
    Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
    The World God Only Knows III
    Kimi no Iru Machi

Everything else I am watching.
    So out of the 32 anime series, I am watching 20 of them.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    No maddy, Free's op is definitely catchy as once I hear it it is stuck there for a couple of hours. I like songs that have this sort of pacing and style etc. It could use better images but the song in general is what I like.

ServantxService op isn't too bad either, and I like the animation that goes with it but it just is lacking for the style of song it is to me. Although the newest ep of it was quite entertaining, didn't expect the quiet girl to be a cosplayer, but the male just being his perv self and the game references. Didn't expect it to reference stuff.

16. SoulEater Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Are we talking about free right now because i have a lot to say.

17. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    The ones i'm watching from this season are:

Blood Lad
    Danganronpa
    Gifuu Doudou
    Gin no Saji
    Highschool DxD New
    Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
    The World God Only Knows III

Not too many but i'm satisfied with this amount. The ones i wanna watch are in it + some extra ones. And i'll have more time for different animes.

18. Sir-Maddy Finger Lickin' Good™

Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -1
    ServantxService op isn’t too bad either, and I like the animation that goes with it but it just is lacking for the style of song it is to me. Although the newest ep of it was quite entertaining, didn’t expect the quiet girl to be a cosplayer, but the male just being his perv self and the game references. Didn’t expect it to reference stuff.

Are catchy songs sung by the three lead actresses not up your alley?
    Hasebe is a very enjoyable character as well. Wait let me guess, were you shocked too by the Vividred reference?

19. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    It is the style if the song itself that is the problem with it. I don't know just something is missing from it as I don't find it catchy just mildly entertaining. Well it does its job of introducing the anime and to me thats all there is to it, meanwhile Free's gets bloody caught in my head very easily, its been 2 eps and I've already watched the OP more than 6 times, yeah easy to say I am obsessed with this opening for now at least.
    Hasebe is a legend, a perverted slacker that chases girls around and actually seems to be quite successful. I'm curious as to why her brother allowed him to get her email, but still asking him a question about nurses [wasn't it?] doesn't seem fair of course he'd know the answer.
    Yeah the vividred operation reference came out of nowhere, at least I managed to pick it without even watching that loli crap. Kind of hoping for more references from now on.

20. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok so I caught up to all my anime and I'm now watching:
    kamisama no inai nichiyoubi
    fantasista doll
    danganronpa the animation
    blood lad
    makai ouji devils and realist
    inu to hasami wa tsukaiyou
    servant x service
    kitakubu katsudou kiroku