Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club's General discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 6, 2013.

1. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Natsuru-san eh, how'd you guess that I wasn't watching a single thing from your list? It is a mystery. I'm watching a bunch but somehow our tastes don't seem to match up very often at all.

Really? I don't like this Maki and I find this eccentric Nico to be interesting. I just don't have a ranking for these characters as I am enjoying parts of the show while not 100% liking it. I'm rating it a 6 so that means it is good enough but not the best. I do still like the premise of it though, and the darker parts of it of course keep me intrigued.

Mayoiga is weird, it is definitely not the series I thought it'd be but I am enjoying the somewhat of a train wreck it has become. I don't know why but these quirky characters are too amusing and the monsters are so terrible it is awesome. I still wish they were killing everyone off but it isn't the worst.

As for Re Zero, I've been really enjoying it. I originally judged it by the cover, thought "generic LN adaptation that is crap", man was I wrong. I've enjoyed almost everything despite the [somewhat] cringe worthy MC, I like it when an anime proves me wrong. I hate the cliffhangers but that makes me more interested for next week. Not sure how much you'll enjoy it as it isn't all dark material and has an overall lighthearted atmosphere.

I have to ask, what are peoples thoughts about Netoge anyway? I wasn't interested in the slightest when it began but now I've seen some parts that don't look too bad, so unfortunately it has caught my attention. Anyone think there is any chance I'd like it?

2. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Of course you do, she's a clone of that annoying bitch from Kill la Kill, but slightly less intolerable.
    Yeah, I have no idea if I'm properly enjoying the show as a whole, but I guess I'm not disliking it?

3. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight In reverse

I say there's a chance u'll like Netoge but I cannot say for sure. I can say it is NOT your typical ecchi/sol/romance anime, even the romance is very different and not over done. (I know how u re with romance but I don't thin it'll bother u at all if at too much) Hopefully someone else can say whether u'll like it or not but if not, couldn't hurt to try right?

Me thinks that's a rhetorical question but either way, just knowing you and also knowing the anime I named are so few and that you most likely wouldn't watch em however that said, our interests are a bit more in common than you think. Case in point, Re Zero. That's one anime I meant to watch this season but have not done so (Guess along the way I was hoping for a dub soon). Really there's lots of anime from the last 3 seasons I have been meaning to watch, some I am waiting on their dub though. Also, I've been considering whether I should give Death Parade a chance or not. Back then it didn't interest me but after I read what u said on it to someone my interest in it peaked a bit. Do you think I'd like it?

On a side not, I think I've started to dislike Sentai. (Studio/company) Reason being is they rarely dub anime and the anime they acquire that gets subbed, they keep on lock down and don't let em ever get a dub typically. Lots of their anime I love but it's really annoying when certain anime u really want to watch dubbed are done by Sentai cus u know there's over a 90% chance it'll never see a dub. =_="

4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes their dubs are not the best ones around town, sometimes.

On a side note, here's my reaction to the latest Assassination Classroom
    [​IMG]

5. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Natsu No idea on that but dubbing is still easier than subs are cus u miss out on a lot less on screen due to not having to read.

I have not even started back watching that anime... no idea when I'll get around to it but tell me, did it get as good or better than S1 later on and if so around what number?

6. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    It becomes better, can't say when though, maybe before episode 10

7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Natsuru-san hmm interesting, you think I could like Netoge. I'm still not sure, I've still not heard or seen anything that'll really make me want to watch it yet. There wasn't really a reason I didn't watch it, I just had enough already? I don't know I can't remember why I never started it. Watching it could hurt though, I plan on watching a whole bunch from next season and I have Bleach I try and fit in too. Too many shows.... I know, otaku problems....

Wait our interests are closer than I think? I don't know what to think about that, if I start liking magical girl anime I'm definitely going to blame you for that in the future [doubt it but could happen]. I'm not sure if you'd like Death Parade, I don't exactly know what you like. Some are obvious but apart from what I've seen you speak about I have no clue. To me the show was amazing but I've seen other comments about it being too slow or having weak characterisation. If our interests are close then maybe, but I can't give you an accurate yes or no otherwise.

@Natsu that Ansatsu was good, and while it put up a valiant effort I didn't shed a tear
    the saddest part for me was seeing Ritsu and Karma crying. Of course it was nice seeing the whole class react like that but those two in particular had the largest effect on me.
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it and I'm curious what the last episode will be like, I don't want to say goodbye to this series but I guess I'll have to make do with knowing that the omitted chapters are being animated as little extras, we just have to find them....online...eventually....

By the way since I have your attention, that Luluco ep was definitely something. But you know what I spotted by chance. Luluco and Nova were in the final ep of Kiznaiver in the end when Nico was looking at Tenga. I watched Kiznaiver first and thought "TRIGGER, you bastards are doing it again" then watched Luluco with that ending, my thoughts immediately changed to "Oh shit"
    I loved the very last scene of Luluco where she high fived the character from little Witch Academia, interesting way to announce that their hit show is getting a TV version.

8. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    True story, not only that but it's a multiverse that one, we've got Kill la Kill (Life Fibers and Guts), Little Witch Academia (Witches and Suzy), Sex & Violence with Machspeed (The Main Cast), Inferno Cop (The Main Man) and Kiznaiver (Gomorin Appearance), heck even Luluco was revealed as the mascot for Trigger, Trigger-chan

9. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Man it's been a while. I've been meaning to get back in touch with this place but... well anyway.

Iron Fortress: It started out okay but Biba is by far the worst villain I have ever seen. His plan is just "make the world burn" but the series tries to pain it like it's something more.

Hero Academia: This was a fun series. MC is pretty useless but dammit he's trying and he'll likely get better as times passes.

Seisen Cerberus: The dragon transformation made me think this would have potential ... I was wrong

Hundred: meh. I only watched this because I actually kind of missed watching ecchi series. Show is pretty bland though

Sousei no Onmyouji: It's a nice shonen but also kinda dull. The hero and heroine both basically just have one move they use and they are only better than low level peons. So battles are only so so and they are mixed with father awkward romantic tension. It has potential to pick up and get good is things get serious but for now it's kidna slow

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: My only problem with this series is while they make the MC VERY real I don't like how he's not taking advantage of his power. There has to be a way he can kill himself without it hurting too much.

Kuromukuro: So far I've found this not that great but I'm also behind. maybe if I try to get back into it it will grow on me more

Kiznaiver: A really slow story but it was fun especially in later episodes.

Big Order: I feel this show would have been a LOT better if they had done like Mirai Nikki and waited until the manga was done and just did the whole thing. I lost interest a few episodes in when I realized it wouldn't be able to finish the story anyway and that the anime was STILL cutting things out.

Flying Witch- It's a sweet series but I keep getting bored by it. Like I know this is a quiet town type slice of life but would it kill you guys to mix a little actual drama into it?

BTW this was pretty much what I watched this season(Besides Assasin Class and Ushio and Tora) so is there anything I missed this season anyone thinks I should really check out?

10. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    BTW what are thoughts so far for the summer anime?

Souma is off to a great start IMO with the MC being boss as always.

Arslan is also starting off good although the fact it's only 12 episodes is heartbreaking.

ReLife I plan to check out but the fact they just dumped all the episodes at once throws off my plans a bit. I guess i'll just binge watch it at some point.

Hatsukoi Monster-I thought this sounded slightly interesting at first then I found out the "5th grader" has other equally tall friends. WTF? Okay writers listen up. When the selling point of the anime is a kid who looks like an adult dating an older girl who looks small you make then unique!!! Do it like that one short anime with the tiny sister and the adult looking brother. They took the concept and made it really fun. But this? I couldn't even finish the first episode before just quitting because the jokes weren't just bad they made me uncomfortable. I was thinking "what is this? Am I supossed to laugh at this? Okay I guess that part of a bit funny but at the same time those other ones are annoying me!"

That's all I've got so far. I'll either update this or make another post later once more stuff comes out.

11. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    ReLIFE marathoned in one go and read manga afterwards. Its super good (my type of anime).

Needless to say Orange is going to be one the best anime this season. As expected started off with a bang :p

Love Live is just something I am very biased :D

Souma and Arslan living up to expectations, but Berserk was a big disappointment for a sequel...

Tales of Zestiria the X prologue episode was promising, but I am worried that main story might be too underwhelming for those that didnt play the game.

Days is exactly what I thought it will be. Since I am a sports anime lover, I am sure I will enjoy watching this shitty player to become decent ^^

Yet to watch Rewrite and Fukigen na Mononokean from the newly aired stuff. Wont bother with the reverse harem and the 5th grade lovecom. Thinks thats all that aired so far?

12. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    For the time being, but let's see what else does the summer season have to offer

13. Whitefang19 Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Orange looks like it will be good and I enjoyed the first episode.

I enjoyed the first episode Tales of Zestiria the X. I played the game and this is an alternate story from the game with some of the game's story being used I believe and the fact that Velvet is in the opening she is the main protagonist in Tales of Berseria which is the prequel to Zestiria shows that it will have some changes to the story and possibly expand on some events. So I am looking forward to see the differences and to see how Berseria is connected.

That is all I had time to watch so far of the summer anime and I plan to watch Rewrite when I get the chance.

14. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    so Tales of Zestiria the X is looking interesting? Well I'm still trying to actually finish the game so I'll hold off on it until later.

15. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    There is a few good series coming soon like 91 Days and DGM.

16. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Those who going to watch Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan should know this:

this anime will air every day from Monday to Friday(5 episodes per week) and on the weekend a compilation of the 5 eps(25 minutes in total) will air. So it might be better to wait for a full ep.

17. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    man this season is weird.

ReLife released 12 episodes in 2 days, Arslan is only 8 episodes which is a strange number for a season, and Seven deadly sins is only 4!

It's like all the anime studios said "Screw the schedule lets just do this".

It's really odd.

18. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I wish they would do that with more anime what they did with ReLIFE :D

19. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Started back watching Assassination Classroom season 2. I had ut it on hold after seeing ep 6. Kinda a mistake cus the anime just got great again like itwas in S1. Bitch-sensei was the star of a part 2 ep being ep 7-8. She returned to her awesomeness and used every trick at her disposal. That said I was disappointed in how far she was willing to go but
    glad she came around in the end and it all worked out.
    The following eps have also been great. The next ep I have to see is ep 11.

Btw, interesting how this series is now getting a movie which is basically an adaptaion (or recap) of the entire anime series... u know, 47 eps condensed into even a 4 hr movie (duration is unknown) is just not enough to do this anime justice. I can already see this being a disaster. :( (Esp since it'll most likely be 1 hr & 30 mins or 2 hrs)

@Natsu Thanks, that helped me to get back to the above. *points up* ^

@Supernatural-Knight Well, when you do get the time, give Netoge a chance. U might just be surprised. :) And hey, Otaku or not is fine with me. Besides, I know the feeling, I've had times esp one particular season a year or two back where I had waaay too much on the anime watching plate. Twas fun though and no regrets.

I gladly and happily accept you blaming me if you start liking magical girl anime. hehe
    Well is there another anime or three u can compare it too?

20. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Netoge was meh. Not terrible but nothing good either. First few eps kinda funny but later very generic shit...