Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club's General discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 6, 2013.

1. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    KonoSuba - Hilarious
    Grimgar - opposite of KonoSuba, but very enjoyable
    Erased - Hype is real
    Bahamut - bleh
    Active Raid - really did not suck me in, average
    Phantom World - Episode 1 had me interested, rest of the season did not
    Assassination Classroom S2 - good as expected (manga just ended :eek: btw)
    Dimension W - Interesting style, I looked forward to the next episodes
    Dagashi Kashi - Sorry not my style, maybe later
    Ajin - was good but had a rough start with sub groups, planning on catching up at the end of the season
    Divine Gate - bleh
    Prince of Stride - One of those sports anime I ended up really liking
    Four Rhythm - Cool concept but....
    Rakugo - WOW
    Schwarzesmarken - Color me suprised, not half bad
    Luck & Logic - makes as much sense as the title, mostly just not interesting to me
    Bubuki Buranki - cg is starting to look a lot better. Shizuru is a badass.
    PSO2 - what did i expect from a game adaptation...
    Sushi Police - Jimmy Neutron + animated comic + Japanese wierd = what the f did i watch?

I think thats it for now

2. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    For my thoughts on what I'm watching and such, see my newest post in the assignation classroom thread here. No spoilers though were posted by me in that new post.
    edit:
    Dagashi Kashi
    ^ I did watch the 1st 2 eps of that anime but, dropped it there after when I realized that was how the entire show was going to be. Not my kind of humor and while it was toned down and had a story in ep 1, they ditched it all and went full on candy humor and trivia and based on what others have said, nothing changes later on. Glad I dropped it, but a shame as the art and chars are great, just, the comedy and what the show is centered on sucks. lol (Imo)

3. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I normally like those stupid humor anime but it get bogged down with so much Candy humor and it's all Japanese Candy we don't eat so I can't relate to it at all!

Like I'd probably find this a lot funnier and nostalgic if I ate ANY of this crap as a kid and I'd probably get a kick of them making such a big deal out of it all. But I don't so this is just one of those anime that really just doesn't work for non Japanese as it's just too saturated in Japanese culture references.

4. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    @Metazoxan And yet, despite that it still got a dub...

5. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I have to admit @Metazoxan I've never thought of Dagashi Kashi like that before. I found it an unusual choice to get a dub but not because of the cultural gap but because there isn't much that relates to most of what gets dubbed recently. It isn't overly shounen, nor a harem or full of perverted underwear jokes, no mechs or gunfights either.
    That being said I'm enjoying it. There is just something alluring about it for me, the overreactions and descriptions used, those facial expressions, I enjoy it all. If course I've never had any of the crap they are speaking about but it still comes across as relaxing and funny to me. I know @BK-201 shares this sentiment, it is a shame that we haven't been able to discuss things recently.

As for everything else I guess my thoughts go as follows:
    Ajin - Good watch, CGI doesn't bother me, the interesting turns this show takes impresses me at times as well. Better than Tokyo Ghoul. Easy 7
    Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Still entertaining, not enough references though. Ritsu still best girl.
    Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - Great, amazing and all other words used to mean the same thing. From ep 1 it was gripping, easy 9 or 10. I may check out the manga for reasons
    Dimension W - Kind of disappointing but not bad nonetheless. Intricate story but meh... I'll probably rate 6. Mira is awesome.
    Durarara - Needs more Izaya and Shizuo, needs more Varona. Worst season of Durarara as far as I'm concerned
    Haikyuu 2 - OH MY, hype. Great watch, easy 9, I should really rate it 10 after the last ep. I want to discuss this anime damn it
    Haruchika - PA you let me down, crap novel to adapt. Some nice parts but rather meh especially as a mystery, club activities where?
    She and Her Cat - Boring, too calm for me. I wanted heartfelt feelings from this and it isn't delivering.
    Kono Danshi, Mahou....- Boring BL short, interesting animation but no substance whatsoever.
    Mahou Shoujo nante de.... - Boring magical girl short not starring a single bad guy. Swimsuit fan service and nothing else.... why do I watch this shit?
    Nijiro Days - Disappointing version of Kimi to Boku, good first ep but I've since lost interest.
    Ojisan to Marshmallow - I liked originally but it grew stale, reusing gags in a short, really?
    Ooyasan wa Shishunki - Not too bad but nothing happens, VA of Love Live's Hanayo is main girl so boo.
    Oshiete Galko Chan - I actually kind of like this awkward sexual comedy, I don't know why. The boys are awesome supporting cast.
    Prince of Stride - Not too bad but not my favourite sports anime out there, not even my favourite airing in this season.
    Sekkou Boys - Interesting idea, few good eps but not the hilarious bad short I thought it'd be. That voice cast though.
    Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - Great show, who'd have thought a story of Rakugo tellers would be so interesting? Easy 8, Ishida Akira is a great VA.
    Sushi Police - Terrible as expected, but that is why I am watching it.
    Teekyuu 7 - I'm bored of this comedy now, but I'll continue to watch if it gets more seasons.
    Yami Shibai 3 - Not even creepy anymore, very disappointing for a horror.

Shit that took a while to type, hopefully someone responds to make it worth it.

6. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    yeah the over reactions are fun. But the jokes themselves just tend to go over my head since they hinge on the candy themselves. They give a history on the candy but I don't care about that so..... yeah.

Not nearly enough Ritsu

Yeah it was good

I wouldn't say dissappointing but I do feel the story could have been more gripping. It felt a little too "monster of the week" ish with them just going from place to place for a while. However it feels like a kind of anime I haven't seen for a while so the nostalgia is rather satisfying at least and over all it isn't BAD.

I have felt a bit aggravated this season because so much is just kind of up in the air for so damn long and I'm like "SOMEONE WORK SOMETHING OUT ALREADY!!!" I know we are saving things for the finale but can't we resolve at least something in the meantime?

#2026 Metazoxan, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  7. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    Sorry Meta I left it a bit long to respond to the post about Dagashi Kashi, I could now but it isn't really relevant any more apart from saying I rated it a 7.

Now about this season, I see that everyone clearly misses the "official activities" by the amount of posts that have been left. As such there are no official activities apart from Ansatsu Kyoushitsu which is continuing, just this general thread this season. With that said, what are everyone's thoughts so far on what you've begun? I think I'll be starting too many shows this season unfortunately.

@Negi-Springfield I'm not sure yet, but Mayoiga may be a good new release for you to watch. The first ep was entirely build up with a creepy atmosphere about dark topics. I'm hoping the characters either start killing each other or end being horrible killed by other means soon. I believe there were 32 character introductions in the first ep, so hopefully they'll start dropping like flies in 3 eps time.

@Metazoxan Boku no Hero Academia looks fun, have you read it? I'm hoping for something that while not quite as good as One Punch Man, still becomes incredibly entertaining for other ridiculous reasons.

@BK-201 Kuma Miko, well that certainly was a first episode. I believe you were interested in this one, if you do watch it we have to chat about this first ep sometime.

8. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    No I haven't but I am also looking forward to this one. It seems interesting.

9. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm watching
    Durarara x2 Ketsu (Dub)
    Sailor Moon Crystal S3 (Sub)
    Kaito Joker S3 (Sub)

Pokémon XYZ (Dub)

Aside from the 2 yellowed text, I am caught up with the others thus far. As for Assignation Classroom S2 (Sub), it is still on hold, other anime have been of way higher importance to me to watch and adding to that besides 1 real ep after the 1st 2 eps, the others were misses for me. (Although 1 ep was half way good in that the 2nd half was really good but I don't count that) I want real character growth along side the jokes and action like S1, not just shoot and miss eps that don't have any char growth. (I do not count that I'll kill my brother koro-sansei guy who had the same powers)

Really besides those, there were a few nime like in the fall that I wanted to see in the winter but never did for various reasons. (1 for some included waiting on uncensored versions which took 6 freakin months to get released!) I have looked at the ones for this spring and, there are a few more (1-3) that I'd like to try but dunno if I will anytime soon if at ever.

@Supernatural-Knight Tbf, I was looking forward to partaking in on the discussion for every season we've had and have tried my best to do so but if no one else is posting then I can't post. It's also harder if one runs into a post which they can't reply too but in that case I try to at least give an update where I am, but then I run back into the same prob. lol I'd say, though AC S2 didn't get nearly as many members posting it still got a decent enough # of posts considering how low priority the anime is for many and considering the # of posters this time around. That said, I understand your emotions (whatever ones you're feeling) on how it seems no one cares but I'm just telling you if no one else (As I cannot speak for them), I still care. This has been a very important group to me so don't think the lack of participation is only affecting/getting to you cus it's getting to me also. (And I doubt we're the only ones it's affecting)

10. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Joker Game, dont miss out this anime guys. You wont regret :)

P.S. I am watching every single series (no matter how bad they are), so if you want someone to talk to about any of them, just mention me or PM :)

11. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I've begun watching Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalites (Great animation an quick introduction of the stories plot, Hundred (really love the opening, however introduction seems a bit slow), and lastly Bakuon. I'm sure i'll add more from this seasons list once they begin airing. Still depending on how well I like them I may drop some. Just found that last season put to much on my plate and it was really difficult to keep up with everything. Really astounded that I was able to keep up with it all.

12. Metazoxan Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually putting off watching anything this season yet until I finish catching up with some stuff I got behind on. So I'll get back to you all on that once I get there.

13. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    Time for the first quarter thoughts:
    Ace Attorney - generally being based on a game is not a good thing, but it seems to be doing ok so far. Game mechanics keep popping up occasionally for a laugh.
    Terra Formarrs Revenge - Not the bloodbath from before, more shounen like with action and political backstabbing.
    Boku No Hero Academia - The classic shounen. I'm a sucker for this type. And its funny to boot.
    Endride - First drop of the season. Same vein as comet lucifer and unbearable character types.
    Re:Zero - Thought i might be tired of time traveling and game parallels, I was wrong.
    Hundred - Record for the fastest boob grab, kinda Infinite stratos like.
    Joker Game - All the head games, all the fun
    Sousei no Onmyouji - "I want to be the top exorcist" said both MCs. Now they have to marry and have a baby....lol.
    Bungou Stray Dogs - Top comedy for me with a bit of action and head games.
    Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - The hype is real
    Kiznaiver - I love the concept in that it admits it takes the extremes of characters and puts them together.
    Big Order - Only caught the first ep, but I did enjoy it minus the acid trip animations.

14. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    I see that my club is as active as ever. Good to see, what a relief and here I thought we were dying out. Okay everyone that still sees this thread......probably not many now......what are your thoughts on the current season now that it is nearing the end?

I've rather enjoyed this season, from memory I think it has had the most shows airing that I've enjoyed in a while. Plenty of range in genres as well. Some of these slice of life shows are great for a bit of relaxing with a touch of comedy.
    Too bad I think Phoenix Wright is a weak show though I never did play the game. It annoys me that the "official" subs are using the American names from the game rather than the casts actual names. Also hamburgers being ramen, when did "official" turn to 4kids again?

15. Negi-Springfield Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -1
    Mayoiga did not turn out the way I expected and I was pleasantly surprised. Keeping me wondering what's going on.

Ace Attorney also not what I expected, but not in a good sense. Coincidentally, this anime also makes me wonder what is going on.

How is Re:Zero? I've been thinking of watching it.

16. ShadowLinks Hero of Time

Ratings:
    +57 / 1 / -0
    For the most part a rather enjoyable season for me, a few that really hooked me and few that made me drop.

Kabaneri - While good, i dont quite think it has hit the epicness of the hype. Somewhat slow moving and little world building led to this one having a bit of a decline.
    Boku no Hero Academia - This one was just fun to watch, but im a sucker for these kind.
    Re:Zero - Cliff hangers every episode and not just your normal time travel. Always fun to discuss with my friend.

Kiznaiver - one of those ones i enjoy but not sure why. Interesting world peace sort of premise and those shrimp costumes are so goofy XD
    Bungou Stray Dogs - Finally started getting somewhere now. Was humerous enough to keep me watching anyways
    Sousei no Onmyouji - Neither good or bad, just a nice shounen to watch
    Joker Game - Not sure what to think of it. It basically tells a story of each of the spys. Kinda Spy vs Spy sometimes.

Gakusen toshi asterisk 2nd season - alright but first season was better. Fights were pretty decent though.
    Big Order - Code geass in a nutshell with a less intellegent MC and more cliches.
    Hundred - Infinite stratos with slightly better characters and worse battles
    seisen cerberus- its based on a game i should know better - DROP
    Endride - just DROP
    Terra Formarrs revenge - after the bad latter half of the first season, this ends up doing much better, but that was a low bar to pass

Ushio to Tora 2nd season - more of the same minus some of the humor. Kinda just want it over now.
    Concrete revolutio: last song - I really wish i had someone to discuss this one with. Its not the greatest show, its disjointed, but its view on superhumans in society give a unique perspective. a bit easier than last season to understand what was going on.

17. Vladnyx Everyone is the main character of their own life.

Ratings:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    From a stand point I felt like this season didn't hit as hard as last season. It was still good however. Some struck me like a heavy weight boxer while others came off as a love tap. The only difference being I didn't take on all of this seasons watches. Did that last season and it was just to much to take on an burned me out. Well here's what I've been watching this season.

Iron Fortress: Strong deliverance for the first few episodes, but has dwindled down to allow story and world building along with giving more time for character interactions. This makes it one I try to watch every week.

Hero Academia: Your typical shonen, except our MC doesn't feel sorry for himself. He carries himself with self confidence which to me is different from the A-typical shonen MC we normally get presented with. I don't fail to watch this ever week.

Seisen Cerberus: Not what I thought it was going to be. Should have dropped it yet now I'm to invested so I'm just going to finish it. For rewatch value it has none.

Hundred: @ShadowLinks you summed this one up nicely and I agree.

Sousei no Onmyouji: Good for being shonen, but could use improvement. Their really driving whole couple thing to the point that it feels forced. Even when it's supposed to come as funny and comical I can't find it in myself to laugh. I rather see Rokuro & Benio's relationship progress more naturally instead of outside forces at work stick.

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?: This is a slice of life that actually does a good job giving the genres it's fulfilling. It succeeds in the comedy department, ecchi moments are in abundant supply, the romance struggle is real, and even the school setting ties in nicely. It's unique in it's own way, yet being different from other shows out there. Characters are relatively all likable and I could see myself rewatching this again.

Joker Game: A tail of a Japanese secret intelligent agency during the build up to WWII. A real spy thriller with all the action packed espionage you could ask for. The story grabs you in a bear-hug and refuses to let go. The characters are all very likable, artwork portrays the time very nicely, music ties things together well, and it's just all proven to be a enjoyable watch. In some regards it feels like I'm watching Baccano except this is easier to follow.

Bungou Stray Dogs: To summarize this one in short detail it's got a good bit of action, some decent characters, cool supernatural powers, some mystery, and some poor comedy although not all of it's bad. I feel so long as you can erk off some of the bad comedy you'll find yourself enjoying this.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: A fantastic fantasy drama and thriller that oddly enough charms you each week into only craving more. I can't really explain it other than it's one you just have to watch for yourself.

Kuromukuro: The interesting plot is what caused me to take on watching this as well as it being a mecha genre. The animation really draws you in and it feels really fluid. Even how the robots move like humanoids isn't something I'm used to seeing except for shows like Evangelion. I think once you give this one a little time it'll grow on you.

Kiznaiver: A sci-fi fantasy like drama that just ships characters together. The whole teenager drama is so real it almost hurts. If you like these types then it's a show for you. If not then I wouldn't recommend this to you. It's got little action, numerous emotionless characters, and the long driven slice of life that just chats your ear off.

Big Order: A monumental train wreak. The first episode you would have thought it would be promising. Haha.... no no it is not. It's just all over the place and the realism well there is none. If you can find a shred of realism within this series I applaud you with a Gold Star. The only thing egging me on to finish this is to see just how much more of a train wreak this show can make of it's self.

18. Mafiacow Obsessed Over Trophies

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    AssClass a best, but not up to date 'cause sub group is behind.
    Kiznaiver a strange. Maki a best, Nico a worst. Bet you'd never hear me say that? XD

19. Natsuru-san Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Sailor Moon crystal S3
    Kaito Joker S3
    Netoge
    and for dubs
    Pkmn XY&Z

^ Those are the only shows I've been watching this season and ya wanna know whhhhhhy? It's cus of how quickly dubs come out now. Like, 4-8 weeks in and BAM! Here's the dub! Oh, I did finished the dub of DRRR!! x 2 Ketsu. (Or whatever the last cour was called for S2) That was a major let down... S1 was way better imo. If the ending had made more sense for Mikoto's actions then, this would've been way better and even then it would've been better if Mikoto had done thigns differently. :p

As for the rest, I plan to watch 2 or so short anime of 3 mins long but waiting for them to finish airing. I'm also waiting on anime that got a dub announcement not too long ago to come out.

As for the above mentioned subbed ones. Loving every one of them. Nuff said. Well, ok, glad they got rid of the 3D model transformation scenes and went back to hand drawn 2D ones which btw, look FABULOUS! And for Netoge, I knew this one was going to be special and not like the rest when I saw the art and the premise and English name of the show. Sure enough, it is LEAGUES BETTER than most anime out there for it's genre types. Why? Cus it does things different. It's fresh, funny, new, doesn't have the same ecchi jokes u expect and when it does, bam! Still takes it's own twist on em. Though 2 eps thus far have had fan service in em... and no I don't mean ecchi. Ecchi is perverted comedy. Fan service is crap like butts and panty shots in the screen aka in your face which have no point being there other than to cater to the male audience and to a lesser extent the female audience. Other than that, it literally adds no point at all to the anime in anyway. Fyi, I hate fan service so I'm hoping the last 2 eps don't have that crap anymore. Gimme ecchi over fan service any day. :p As for Kaito Joker S3. I was worried they wouldn't be able to pull off the awesomeness from the 1st 2 seasons but so far they have. Here's hoping the climax is as great as S 1-2 was.

Still waiting on DBS dub and the dub of S;G movie... 1 year now for the former and for the latter 3 years of waiting...

@Supernatural-Knight I don't suppose by chance you're watching any of the anime I mentioned, are you?

20. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    If there's one anime that I'm watching but not enjoying is Hundred, I dunno why but it almost seems like a copy of Infinite Stratos (this is my personal opinion, so don't kill me) except change a few things here and there and it's a completely different story, not saying more since I feel that someone is watching me

As for the rest, I've got nothing bad to say about them:

Twin Star Exorcists is a good anime to watch, if you already watched Blue Exorcist then you'll have an idea as to what to expect

Magi is basically the OVA's all over again, except that there are more episodes and with a more detailed story

Assassination Classroom is reaching its end and I'm enjoying the full story of it, I need to get my tissues ready for the feels that are coming

My Hero Academia kinda reminds me of my time in middle school, so I can sympathize with Izuku and his troubles that come up to become better at being a hero

Kiznaiver is one of those anime that I watch late on the season, worst move ever, but even so, getting to share whatever pain and emotion you feel is interesting and plot is pretty good IMO

Kyoukai no Rinne is basically like the first season, like any work by Rumiko Takahashi, good comedy on the story with a little bit of fighting, no complains

Space Patrol Luluco surprised me in the next few episodes, it blew my mind when there were crossovers with other anime from the same studio, I think they finished the crossovers

That's all I have to say, these are all just my honest and personal opinions for all anime, so no judging to much alright