Welcome to Our Community

Register on JustAnimeForum and start chatting about anime with like-minded people!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Thank you for the years of fun feel free to join the discord here! Please enjoy the forum for the short time it may be up feel free to make an account here or see what forums you dont need to make an account here
    with love,
    shedninja the sites biggest bug

The New Release Club: Shingeki no Kyoujin discussion

Discussion in 'SOS Brigade (Clubs)' started by Supernatural-Knight, May 7, 2013.

1. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    What the hell is going on :| I don't have anything else to say than that. And that my heart nearly stopped in the moment Sascha (potato girl) nearly died. I like her too much :( I'm glad she's okay.

@supernatural-knight, before jumping to conclusions, just wait for next week or whenever it's explained. I'm very positive there will be a great explanation. I think this author is a real genious so i expect him to come up with something good.

@SoulEater, dont talk about the manga here, not even a single word, i dont wanna hear it.

2. silvo Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be kinda surprised if Sascha doesn't die by the end of this. I'll give her to about ep 18, give or take. sorry.

I imagine the explanation for Eran's return will be interesting at the least.

3. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I would be kinda surprised if Sascha doesn’t die by the end of this. I’ll give her to about ep 18, give or take. sorry.

I imagine the explanation for Eran’s return will be interesting at the least.

I rather jump into this anime to keep her safe myself :p

4. Natsu Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Hahahaha, I knew everyone's gonna be like "Say What" or "WTF" in this episode, can't wait for the next episode and also to know when will Funimation release the English dub (I know it will be next year)

5. Keiichi-Morisato DJ Double Cheezy ~ Sakura Animé Radio

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    All I gotta say is if it keeps like this.... im gonna be outta pants very soon!!!

6. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Hahahaha, I knew everyone’s gonna be like “Say What” or “WTF” in this episode, can’t wait for the next episode and also to know when will Funimation release the English dub (I know it will be next year)

I'm gonna have to force a friend of mine to watch it when it comes out in dub.

7. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Super:
    I wouldn't say that it wasn't an entirely different titan. I say this because remember that titan that ate what's-his-name?(That one guard from the beginning with the short blonde hair? I forgot his name.) Before the titan ate him, I'm pretty sure that it had black hair. But in this episode they pointed the same titan out with a "Isn't that the titan that ate what's-his-name?" and the titan had the same style of hair of the guard.

This is just a theory, and it may not sound very convincing, but I think that titans take on some of the attributes of the humans that they eat.

8. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    Attack on Titan cast singing the intro. I think it's awesome :D

[youtube]http://youtu.be/UqFJ6VZmCMw[/youtube]

9. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @batosai, that is awesome, I couldn't help but crack up when they began laughing. That was a great find and I've already listened to it a bunch of times.
    You know the very and part he was doing the "this anime is brought to you by" part was a nice addition as well I think

@lunar, I was thinking something along those lines too, but then I was curious since if that was the case there'd be hundreds of thousands of irregular titans considering how many people have been eaten before the series. I am most intrigued by how he regrew limbs that were bitten off and other stuff like that that I don't particularly care what the titan looked like originally. But I plan on rewatching this with a friend on Tuesday so I may be able to tell if it was the same titan then.

10. Lunar Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Super:
    Well, now I'm not so sure about our little theory. But I wouldn't throw it out completely. There must be a reason for the abnormal ones after all.

@Batosai :
    When I watched the opening theme song I imagined them singing it.

11. jayvon Trophy Hunter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Eren is basically screwed. He now has Titans and Humans as enemies. But now that I think of it maybe the armored titan is actually a human lie Eren that gained that power. Thats why he had intelligence and he knew to attack the cannons.

12. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I knew it that SnK will soon reach the point where the series finally start to go down. It was impossible to keep such high level.

Every episode was thrilling, but from now on if he seriously can go titan-mode so easily, then he won't be just overpowered but also all the other characters will lose their importance since everyone will be relieving on Eren obviously.

I can see that SnK will go into full drama and action genre route. Drama about him being different and action - killing off titans. Nothing else left...

The only thing that kept my interest from this episode was that he looked very similar to that 60M titan who broke the walls. Could it be that there are more people like Eren?

And awesome to see another badass char Levi in action. Mikasa x Levi x Annie = badass trio + titan Eren at the front lines. Well we could add that "crazy" girl from Levi's squad.

13. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    There must be more people who became titans. They might all have been betrayed like this by the humans and started going against the humans. That Eren titan looked so fucking awesome at the end.

@Ovyda, there are no shows that have all eps as thrilling as their best eps. You can't expect something like that.

14. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Of course, but the way they are going now doesn't seem promising. I said it before that they started to good... normally this episode would be amazing but not after 8 episodes before.

15. Supernatural-Knight Asylum Game Master Moderator

Ratings:
    +608 / 4 / -6
    @Ovyda I kind of see where you are coming from, I mean with the transforming and he can use it when he wanted to it does seem overpowered esp for ep 9 of at least 25. But on the other hand I found it to be really intriguing and am glad it has happened. The Eren titan is by no means immortal, he was being devoured by a bunch of normals and not to mention that there are probably quite a lot of irregulars too. But considering his size he doesn't really have a chance at beating the colossal Titan.

Well it is certainly an interesting direction this has taken and I've had numerous ideas about what will happen and so on but nothing I can really be sure about even slightly. But for one thing is certain and that is that damn basement has a lot of significance behind it.
    Also what the hell kind of doctor was his father?

16. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    I wonder about those things too, Knight. I really wanna see that basement and i wanna learn the truth about Eren's father. Also what happened to him? He was crying. Did he die?

And you're right. Eren's titan is in no way immortal and can be beaten. What if the humans just slice his neck? Would Eren die? Would just the titan die? This titan is alot different from the one Eren was before. There are still so many questions i have.

And what i forgot to mention before, that reckon corps is awesome! Levi was such a badass.. That glasses girl is funny as hell and also pretty awesome. Mikasa also got a +1 for me in this ep. While protecting Eren and Armin she looked so cool..

normally this episode would be amazing but not after 8 episodes before.

haha that's true.

17. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    @Supernatural-Knight my guess is that Eren's father was doing some kind of experiments with titans and humans. I can't see another way... I'll laugh if Eren's father is the cause of this titan thing. I know it's not possible considering the age, but meh... it's not a realistic anime anyway.

Btw, anyone else think that titans appeared due to some incident that humans caused?

@Batosai we saw already that the titan was killed but Eren didn't die. It's like mecha was broken and the pilot left it. All those answers of yours can be easily explained in few episodes... we still got 16 episodes... I don't find your questions deep enough that would need 16 episodes.

I think Eren's father was crying simply because he was turning his son into a "monster", i think it's common sense. Why he isn't with Eren? I believe he's somewhere wondering around and gathering more info or his experimental needs and doing other shit outside the city. If he's dead...then be prepared for flashback episodes.

18. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    How else would they have appeared? Most of these dramas are caused by humans failed experiments.

And you don't expect me to be smart enough to be able to fill a 25 episode anime now do you? :p Those are just the simple questions that came to mind. There's alot more that i can't think of right now but those will come with the episodes.

And about Eren's father, yeah you're probably right. Kinda heartless of me to not think of that. Ofcourse it hurts him that he had to do this to his own son.

19. Ovyda The Phantom Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    How else would they have appeared? Most of these dramas are caused by humans failed experiments.

It's the same as to ask how Natsu got magical powers... because author can do anything he wants, so it doesn't mean titans appeared because of human experiments. We don't even know if it will be explained how titans appeared, maybe their existence in that world is as normal as trees, humans, animals, rivers and etc.

And you don’t expect me to be smart enough to be able to fill a 25 episode anime now do you? :p Those are just the simple questions that came to mind. There’s alot more that i can’t think of right now but those will come with the episodes.

So basically you are saying that you just hope there will be.

-----------------------

I enjoy this anime a lot, but I can't understand why people so overrate it.

20. Batosai Manslayer

Ratings:
    +264 / 7 / -0
    No1 is overrating it. Its spectaculair and its amazing how they kept it up like this for the first 8 episodes. You just go into this expecting way too much and your disappointed that your not getting that. So far it has been exactly what i want to see in an anime and i have enjoyed evry ep to the fullest. Just by looking how fast evry ep went by its amazing. So i atleast am not overrating it for myself.

And titans suddenly appeared. They werent there for as long as humans can remember so they arent as normal as trees and rivers. Something caused them to get there because they dont just randomly appear. Maybe it was something natural that caused it but usually its a human experiment.